Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth the fee.

dargonightdargonight Member Posts: 255
Is eve online worth the fee. What are some of the cool things about eve online. What is the combat system like. About how many people play it. Do they have events like christmas events or tourna ments. Is it better than games like World of Warcraft.

Comments

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Seriously, just look up some of the old topics on this forum and you'll see everything from the combat aspect of the game to the politics, manufacturing and mass production that are ever-present.

I don't really think there needs to be another thread about what the game is and what it consist's of since there are tons of such threads already present, just take the time to read through them and you'll find some very pertinent information.

Happy Flying ::::32::

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Go to the EVE homepage www.eve-online.com  and you'll see what everyone's talking about there.  It's actually a good homepage.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Eve is a constant let down :s The graphics are alright but rape your PC. To have any skills you must wait real-time (with no way to speed it up). Combat is semi-turn based - all your weapons are point and click but with different cooldown timers.

Basically, everything fun comes with a catch that makes it not worth the effort.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• PnHobbitPnHobbit Member CommonPosts: 195

Originally posted by grimboj
    Eve is a constant let down :s The graphics are alright but rape your PC. To have any skills you must wait real-time (with no way to speed it up). Combat is semi-turn based - all your weapons are point and click but with different cooldown timers.Basically, everything fun comes with a catch that makes it not worth the effort.

Go back to your zerg and stop putting down games that are above your own level of reasoning. EVE runs fine in the background taking almost no resources and you say it "rapes your pc". Planetside is the real graphics hog. EVE you can make money with time invested, skills are time-based but you can still set priorities and manage them to do as you wish. It's worth the effort if you are having fun.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    The graphics rape your PC?  I have yet to hear anyone complain about graphical lag.  You should go try to play EQ2 and then say that EVE's graphics rape your PC.  They're about as easy on your PC as MMO's can be.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• SevarusSevarus Member Posts: 65

They don't rape the machine, but they can be awe inspring. Take a look at the new EVE trailer:

Eve Never Fades

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by dargonight
    Is eve online worth the fee. What are some of the cool things about eve online. What is the combat system like. About how many people play it. Do they have events like christmas events or tourna ments. Is it better than games like World of Warcraft.

Some will say yes
    Some will say no

Grab a free trial and try it. It's the only way you can really decide.

For me it wasn't worth the fee. I gave it 3 months to grow on me and just couldn't enjoy it enough to justify $15 a month. For the same ammt of money I could rent 5 movies each month and spend 10-15 hours with my family instead of wasting my time in a game that I didn't enjoy.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by grimboj
    To have any skills you must wait real-time (with no way to speed it up).

Incorrect. You learn skills which improve your intelligence and memory etc, which in turn, speeds up learning time on all skills. You can also use implants to further increase your characters attributes, which will also decrease learning time on all skills. Just to clear that bit up.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

For $5 you can get a cd key with a 30 free trial off of ebay. I bought one a couple minutes ago, it'd be hard to suck enough to not be worth that.