Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get ready for next week

JasdemiJasdemi Member UncommonPosts: 149

Comments

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Sorry not gonna happen. They already confirmed Friday its launching next week. Last time they delayed it was 6 days before launch. Most it will get delayed is maybe a few days IMHO and that would only be cause the servers crashed due to too many people trying to play. 
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I mean with no price, sub plans, hard release date, release timeframe that date, who gets in first or is it anyone....

Yeah it's getting delayed.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Melgaroth
    Sorry not gonna happen. They already confirmed Friday its launching next week. Last time they delayed it was 6 days before launch. Most it will get delayed is maybe a few days IMHO and that would only be cause the servers crashed due to too many people trying to play. 

Where did they say it would be launching next week? I thought they in fact DIDN'T make an announcement. 

• SerignuadSerignuad Member UncommonPosts: 98

All that effort just to end up as a failure.

So I'm guessing someone in Darkfall ganked you two years ago and you are still mad?

We need to start thinking of MMO's as we do music or literature or the movies. There is not one MMO or one game that will be universally satisfactory to everyone's taste. MMO's don't come in one genre just as books or music doesn't come in one genre. Change and innovation is a good thing in the MMO industry just as it is in literature and music, but every MMO doesn't need to push the envelope or be cutting edge to be "good" or fun. It just needs to be good. The same is true for music. The same is true for books or for movies. Music evolves. MMO's evolve. Storytelling evolves. And in doing so, it doesn't make obsolete or not enjoyable everything that's been done before. 

Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Above is from the Darkfall Blog. Bolded area is what makes me certain they are still aiming for 12/12. They did not mention a push back also. 

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

As messed up as it seems to most of us especialy people in North Americ, the game will launch on 12/12/12.

It blows my mind that this close to release there is no pre-order, or better yet there is no big PR push like we are used to for all recent releases in this social driven media age.  Where are the tweets hyping the community or the facebook crys for like this pls?  I dont know but AV is from Greece and this is just how they roll.

The first darkfall launch was a nightmare people couldnt even buy the game they had major problems with simple selling / starting subs so people could play. 

This is a very big game brought to us by a very small company and I really hope they manage to make it go smooth despite the lack of PR / hype I am personaly very hyped and ready to play some darkfall.

Expect a pre-order this monday if possible to help with the sales traffic of release but honestly this could be like some old skoo 2000 game where we actualy have to buy it the day the game comes out not pre-order with incentives / pre download a month in advance and patch fully ready to hit the button at 12.  Hey its greece lets get old skoo with it the games gonna be a blast

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by xenomonk6
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I mean with no price, sub plans, hard release date, release timeframe that date, who gets in first or is it anyone....

I can't wait to see what other troll dumb shit you have to say when we are all preloading it monday.

Thanks for your repetitive non sensical comments that you keep posting because apparently you have nothing to do all day but talk about how darkfall is awesome and probably gonna be the best game ever and how you're mad about it.

Sorry kid but find something better to do with your time I guess maybe you dont have a real PC to play games on or something so you troll around forums all day hahahaha!

Wow dude rage much? You find something to do with your time instead of troling people who are giving their opinion. He didn't say anything that warranted anything you said to him. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Above is from the Darkfall Blog. Bolded area is what makes me certain they are still aiming for 12/12. They did not mention a push back also. 

yep its the way i read it they just want pre orders so the account stuff doesnt get hammerd on release

Originally posted by Raxeon

Hi,

yep its the way i read it they just want pre orders so the account stuff doesnt get hammerd on release

Plenty of games offer pre orders days, weeks, months, and sometimes years before they come out.

The underlined portion doesn't mention when launch day is, just that they think "PERHAPS IF" it can be done Monday, it'll help WHENEVER the game actually does release.

It's kinda sickening to see them treat their customers this way.  Very unprofessional by them.

Originally posted by xenomonk6

I can't wait to see what other troll dumb shit you have to say when we are all preloading it monday.

Thanks for your repetitive non sensical comments that you keep posting because apparently you have nothing to do all day but talk about how darkfall is awesome and probably gonna be the best game ever and how you're mad about it.

Sorry kid but find something better to do with your time I guess maybe you dont have a real PC to play games on or something so you troll around forums all day hahahaha!

If my comments are non sensical, and, as you say, are about how 'awesome' darkfall is, then I suppose you could be right.

Darkfall being awesome doesn't make sense.  I'm glad we both agree.

Not sure even why my PC was brought up though?  It usually doesn't affect my enjoyment of games.  The quality of the game itself does that.  A tidbit about my PC though - I play games at around six times the resolution of a 1080p screen.

Common sense says if they haven't mentioned a delay then the previously mentioned date is still the target.

People are determined to hate this company on these boards its actually quite amusing. The simple fact that we have this game to play is a mircale knowing what Aventurine has gone through and how small and underfunded the company was in the beginning.

Common sense says if they haven't mentioned a delay then the previously mentioned date is still the target.

People are determined to hate this company on these boards its actually quite amusing. The simple fact that we have this game to play is a mircale knowing what Aventurine has gone through and how small and underfunded the company was in the beginning.

The latest release date I can find on their website is in last month.  Did we all miss the launch somehow?

The latest release date I can find on their website is in last month.  Did we all miss the launch somehow?

If you actually paid attention to the forums and Darkfall blog where all the current information is, you would know that on the 14th of last month the game was delayed. Please stop trolling with incomplete information.

Edit: FYI their actuall website is old and outdated. They know this as well as the players who actually follow the game. It is getting addressed but they have a small team and they are focused on launching the game. This isnt some triple A company with millions in funding and hundreds of people working on it.

If you actually paid attention to the forums and Darkfall blog where all the current information is, you would know that on the 14th of last month the game was delayed. Please stop trolling with incomplete information.

That is where I got that date, the blog.  Is there on their website an official release date after that one?

Edit: there is, the 12/12/12 one.  I found it.  Go me.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

Hi,

Plenty of games offer pre orders days, weeks, months, and sometimes years before they come out.

The underlined portion doesn't mention when launch day is, just that they think "PERHAPS IF" it can be done Monday, it'll help WHENEVER the game actually does release.

It's kinda sickening to see them treat their customers this way.  Very unprofessional by them.

You have to realise how small of a company aventurine is, they might not have the ressources/manpower to get all these things ready before release. It's hard for such a small company to be able to handle this huge amount of hype/interest that this game has built up. I'm sure they're trying they're best to get the preorders out in time and they even stated that they have people working over the weekend to try and get it ready.

No worries about them being a small company.  If they are unsure if they can hit the date, they can do several things -

1.  Mention nothing until really close to the date, and then delay

2.  Mention they are struggling, but still trying to hit the date.  Communicate.

3.  Mention as soon as they have doubts a slight delay so they can be sure they can hit it.  Possibly release a bit earlier or allow preloading if they get done sooner.

Seems they are going with option 1.  No communication.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

Hi,

You have to realise how small of a company aventurine is, they might not have the ressources/manpower to get all these things ready before release. It's hard for such a small company to be able to handle this huge amount of hype/interest that this game has built up. I'm sure they're trying they're best to get the preorders out in time and they even stated that they have people working over the weekend to try and get it ready.

Honestly, it doesnt matter how small a company is. It is quite clear after several years of experience with AV: they do not know how to properly communicate with their community. Im not here to tell them how to do their job, it's up to them, all I'm saying is that they could have done more of it, which would've resulted in a lot more happy faces. For instance, things always seem to be unclear, there's always obvious questions unanswered.

No worries about them being a small company.  If they are unsure if they can hit the date, they can do several things -

2.  Mention they are struggling, but still trying to hit the date.  Communicate.

3.  Mention as soon as they have doubts a slight delay so they can be sure they can hit it.  Possibly release a bit earlier or allow preloading if they get done sooner.

Or..

4. Work on getting the game out. Not worry about communication because they already have communicated the game is launching on 12/12/12. 

Seriously do you want hourly updates on what they are doing? Live streaming of them working on the game? I'll admit that would be cool and I always welcome information from them about whats going on, but realistically I would rather them bust their asses over the weekend and into next week to launch the game that I really want to play instead of baby sitting whiners on the forums.

Or..

4. Work on getting the game out. Not worry about communication because they already have communicated the game is launching on 12/12/12. 

Seriously do you want hourly updates on what they are doing? Live streaming of them working on the game? I'll admit that would be cool and I always welcome information from them about whats going on, but realistically I would rather them bust their asses over the weekend and into next week to launch the game that I really want to play instead of baby sitting whiners on the forums.

It does not take much time at all to write a sentence or two.  I've done it several times in this thread.  AV could easily say "We are on track for the 12/12/12 release date!  Info on subscriptions and time of day for release coming tomorrow!"

It doesn't take much at all.  If they seriously have to spend every second to work on the game from now til release with NO time for two sentences, then they should delay.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

look brah.  you'll the game when it comes out.  why do they have to communicate more than they have?  just because you want them to? 

Or..

It does not take much time at all to write a sentence or two.  I've done it several times in this thread.  AV could easily say "We are on track for the 12/12/12 release date!  Info on subscriptions and time of day for release coming tomorrow!"

It doesn't take much at all.  If they seriously have to spend every second to work on the game from now til release with NO time for two sentences, then they should delay.

I understand where you are coming from, I really do. As a long time Darkfall player I know their communication skills to be very lacking. On the flip side I know they are working at a frantic pace to get this game out. I simply choose to ignore the lack of communication and have faith that they will deliver. Also I try not to be critical and bitter over video games.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Stopped reading after Le. Why do people do that? It is completely stupid and ruins the whole joke.
  • sly-sudosly-sudo Member Posts: 4

I don't mean to sound tactless with this comment, but AV doesn't have an excuse if they screw this up again. They've gained the experience from the first launch debacle. 

That being said, if the game is delayed, then I'll happily wait just like everyone else to play this game. I haven't found another MMO that replicates the enjoyment that I derived from the first iteration. I have plenty of other things to do to bide my time, like spending time with my significant other, studying mathematics, playing Borderlands 2 DLC, Counterstrike: GO, old SNES titles, Skyrim (I have yet to beat Skyrim), and so forth. 

I know that everyone is excited, but if it's delayed then no harm done. AV isn't selling this game at full price to most of us because if I understand correctly, those who bought the game are essentially obtaining the game for free minus the subscription cost, so no harm done. Those who didn't buy the game will, from what I understand, will not being paying $49.99 (or for those in Europe, VAT plus normal price of a new release). but some reduced cost (jury is still out about this obscure fact from what I understand). 

This is probably going to sound bizarre, but I can see the good in not offering preorders this close to release, so I don't think anyone can complain about losing money on the purchase. Also, from the underlined statement, I really think that AV is trying to avoid the billing issues from the first launch. That being said, there's no excuse for the lack of concrete information regarding subscription cost and initial purchase price.

With everything being said, most of our comments are just pure speculation. I advise a hot shower and a few nights out with friends and just forget about the release until we actually get some hard data on the details. image

• pdabb38pdabb38 Member Posts: 43
    how many players(accounts) can the starter zones handle at launch. I wouldn't be suprised if they hade to limit the number of new accounts per day at launch.
    Originally posted by pdabb38
    how many players(accounts) can the starter zones handle at launch. I wouldn't be suprised if they hade to limit the number of new accounts per day at launch.

There are 6 starter area's with a capital in each and 3 sub cities for the new NPC factions in the game. Also I believe there is a new player tutorial set in another area outside the main continents. This should filter people slowly into the game at launch and not all at once. So you're looking at people being spread over a possible 24 starting area's.

Also note the fact that Darkfall's engine does not use any kind of artificial limitation on how many players you can see at any given time like some games do. For example even GW 2 which is a state-of-the-art new game does this in WvWvW PVP. Darkfall is designed to have hundreds and hundreds of players in the same area and on screen without creating too many problems server side, your own machine might suffer though if its an older rig.