Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting...

KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
This game really needs a release date.

Comments

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Concur.
  • ChramChram Member Posts: 91

Then it must be a good thing it has one.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/58436

• night_gamernight_gamer Member Posts: 22

Thanks for the link.

Lets hope the improve a bit more the graphics.. the game have a chance to be better that Diablo3. Lets see...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Unless i skimmed something that's just an open beta date, although i don't imagine proper release will be far behind that.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by night_gamer

Thanks for the link.

Lets hope the improve a bit more the graphics.. the game have a chance to be better that Diablo3. Lets see...

It's really not hard to top Diablo 3... It's one of the biggest dissapointments I've ever experienced, right next to SWTOR.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Unless i skimmed something that's just an open beta date, although i don't imagine proper release will be far behind that.

Open beta for a free to play game pretty much is a release. Dont let the looks deceive you , the game is quite good . I have had  closed beta access for quite some time.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    If they don't take the time to drastically improve the environments, models and combat animations, this game will not even compete with TL2 let alone D3.  I wanted to love POE but both times I tried it I was bored from the beginning.  I'll give it a longer try after the open beta, but their no respec system means I'll have to research good cookie cutter builds online first.
  • night_gamernight_gamer Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by night_gamer

Thanks for the link.

It's really not hard to top Diablo 3... It's one of the biggest dissapointments I've ever experienced, right next to SWTOR.

Well... Diablo3 in terms of graphics/sound is a superproduction, hands down, but the game itself indeed is a disapointment for RPG expectation.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    If they don't take the time to drastically improve the environments, models and combat animations, this game will not even compete with TL2 let alone D3.  I wanted to love POE but both times I tried it I was bored from the beginning.  I'll give it a longer try after the open beta, but their no respec system means I'll have to research good cookie cutter builds online first.

You got handed a skill system so big and with so many choices there shouldn't be a cookie cutter build, and that's a good thing. A big problem with D3 is that each class ignores 80% of the skill tree and you can only use 1 or 2 cookie cutter builds and be successful. Cookie cutters are for bakeries. I have TL2 .. its better than D3 and different than POE. POE would be the hardcore fans choice of this genre. I applaud the lack of spoonfeeding.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I've had closed beta access to PoE for almost a year now.  Bored of D3, TL2, and GW2, but PoE is still entertaining.  I'm a planner.  I love the vast skill tree.  Contemplating builds for hours is just as enjoyable for me as putting them to the test and seeing how far I can get without dying on the hardcore server.  The 3-hour races are fun too.  Looking foward to 1/23/13 and act 3.
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA

You got handed a skill system so big and with so many choices there shouldn't be a cookie cutter build, and that's a good thing. A big problem with D3 is that each class ignores 80% of the skill tree and you can only use 1 or 2 cookie cutter builds and be successful. Cookie cutters are for bakeries. I have TL2 .. its better than D3 and different than POE. POE would be the hardcore fans choice of this genre. I applaud the lack of spoonfeeding.

Even Kripparrian looked at cookie cutter builds when he tried POE.  Passive trees aren't really that interesting after a while.  The skill tree isn't enough of a selling point to get most people to look past the amateurish graphics and art direction.  The combat also wasn't very fun compared to games like D3, TL2 and Titan Quest.  They've taken a HUGE step backwards in terms of production values and fast/fun combat.  Considering they are about to go to open Beta, I don't think they have the budget to polish their game properly.

Even Kripparrian looked at cookie cutter builds when he tried POE.  Passive trees aren't really that interesting after a while.  The skill tree isn't enough of a selling point to get most people to look past the amateurish graphics and art direction.  The combat also wasn't very fun compared to games like D3, TL2 and Titan Quest.  They've taken a HUGE step backwards in terms of production values and fast/fun combat.  Considering they are about to go to open Beta, I don't think they have the budget to polish their game properly.

Let kripp inhabit D3 since that is his hardcore claim to fame. I am aware of him. You are due your opinion and if you like D3 better so be it. I prefer PoE over D3 and very nice mention of Titan quest as that is what I think PoE actually feels like. I like the skill tree's amount of choices ...pick a focus  I went  speed and crit on my shadow and had fun. I also like the barter style drops ... no gold currency. I also believe this game is easily as healthy as any indie game getting ready to go to open beta phase.

Let kripp inhabit D3 since that is his hardcore claim to fame. I am aware of him. You are due your opinion and if you like D3 better so be it. I prefer PoE over D3 and very nice mention of Titan quest as that is what I think PoE actually feels like. I like the skill tree's amount of choices ...pick a focus  I went  speed and crit on my shadow and had fun. I also like the barter style drops ... no gold currency. I also believe this game is easily as healthy as any indie game getting ready to go to open beta phase.

POE is a very niche game.  As long as the biggest supporters of POE don't expect it to compete with D3 in terms of player numbers they will be fine.  I don't think they'll even reach TL2 levels of players with their current design.  Well they'll beat current TL2 numbers, but not TL2 launch numbers.  I think POE is a step back from Titan Quest visually to be honest.

The developers oif POE seem fairly closed minded in terms of their game.  Part of that is due to a small team size and budget, which requires them to pick a design and run with it.  Hopefully they'll adapt once everyone has a chance to try it out.

POE is a very niche game.  As long as the biggest supporters of POE don't expect it to compete with D3 in terms of player numbers they will be fine.  I don't think they'll even reach TL2 levels of players with their current design.  Well they'll beat current TL2 numbers, but not TL2 launch numbers.  I think POE is a step back from Titan Quest visually to be honest.

The developers oif POE seem fairly closed minded in terms of their game.  Part of that is due to a small team size and budget, which requires them to pick a design and run with it.  Hopefully they'll adapt once everyone has a chance to try it out.

I dont expect it to compete with D3 sales numbers TBH. I do however expect this niche game , the niche being ARPG - same niche as D3, to compete in gameplay, variety of builds and  risk/reward.

As a D3 player with a capped barb and monk I am well aware of D3's pluses and minuses as a game. I accomplished both capped characters without resorting to the RMAH and prior to even the 1.4 patch much less the 1.5.

In comparison I have been in the PoE closed beta since June and have enjoyed the difficulty level, the unique gem upgrading , the item barter style trade system. Is is perfect? No but it is clearly much more fleshed out to me than to you, and that is alright. I am glad its a different feel than D3.Frankly I would prefer they don't "adapt" if that is another way of saying dumb it down. I want variety not a diabclone.