Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprised...

Despite me thinking Guild Wars 2 would draw in a bad community with it lacking a sub fee and having action-oriented combat, I've found the best RP I've encountered in a long while on Tarnished Coast. Anyone else feel like Guild Wars 2 is the go-to game for RPing nowadays? 

Comments

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83
    all i can think about is what i could have done with the money i spent on my last 3 mmos purchases. (gw2,swtor,tera)

played a million mmo's

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Na SWG and UO stay the best games for RP, even these days they are far superiour and why I play both of them still.

unfortunate I can not link since that would be against mmorpg.com rules about emulators even if its compleetly legal. but cant blame themsince they run a bussiness that is partly depending on game company's supying them whit news, giveaways and other forms of income

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Draron

Despite me thinking Guild Wars 2 would draw in a bad community with it lacking a sub fee and having action-oriented combat, I've found the best RP I've encountered in a long while on Tarnished Coast. Anyone else feel like Guild Wars 2 is the go-to game for RPing nowadays? 

Not even close, GW2 has a long way to go before it's anywhere near LOTRO for RP. It has the most pathetic options of emotes I've seen in any MMO to date. Although you have some people trying to make the best of it, because it's not an official Rp server it hasn't got any Rp options built in. Compared to the LOTRO Laruelin server its an utter joke, plus you have to remember that it's only a few who actually participate in role playing. It's no prancing pony that's for sure.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by engellen
    all i can think about is what i could have done with the money i spent on my last 3 mmos purchases. (gw2,swtor,tera)

i can say the same about TSW, TERA, SWTOR, RIFT, but i wont... why? because now when i feel like playing any of those, i get 1 month, after the month is up and i want to play another one? got 1 month for the other one. To me none of them are worth a constant sub, but im ok with getting 1 month when i feel like playing it. I wish they had no sub tho

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

I am on Piken Square, and i found quite some RP possibilities and occasions.

Was pleasantly surprised too to see meaningful RP going on in the most remote places , and events organized for who's interested.

All in all, i must say i am quite content of the RP community.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Eladi

Na SWG and UO stay the best games for RP, even these days they are far superiour and why I play both of them still.

unfortunate I can not link since that would be against mmorpg.com rules about emulators even if its compleetly legal. but cant blame themsince they run a bussiness that is partly depending on game company's supying them whit news, giveaways and other forms of income

What realm do you play on UO?  I was on Chesapeake and Lake Superior for forever. :) Absolutely adored that game's RP and so, so much more. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I am not an RPer, but I always choose RP servers due to the fact that the communities seem to be a little more mature. The best I have found is Landroval server in Lotro. The players there host a lot of good RP events.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    When I played no one on Tarnished Coast even talked to each other, so i didnt encounter any rp
  • MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    GW2 was missing something for me and I just couldn't figure it out.  I guess when I do I'll end up playing it once again.
  • pandaeyes25pandaeyes25 Member Posts: 8
    i don't like Guild Wars 2, it took so much time