Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just picked it up

hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
Just picked up the game for 5 dollars and change (for the price I could not pass it up).  I know it is a very story driven mmo.  However I am not the biggest fan of quests.  This could be because most I have done were pretty bland.  What I would like to know is, can you grind to advance in this game as well, or is it basically just through quests and exploration?

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Just picked up the game for 5 dollars and change (for the price I could not pass it up).  I know it is a very story driven mmo.  However I am not the biggest fan of quests.  This could be because most I have done were pretty bland.  What I would like to know is, can you grind to advance in this game as well, or is it basically just through quests and exploration?

Questing in TSW is more interesting than in most  MMOs -- more atmposhere and thinking required.  The dungeons are  really, really good -- try Polaris in the first zone it's a blast once you get to QL3-4 gear.  PvP in Fusang is a bit borked right now, but balance fixes on TestLive right now, and will be released this month.  Stonehenge and El Dorado are good alternatives.

You may want to pop into the Newcomers forum to get oriented:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

EDIT: And sorry, yes, plenty of creatures to grind on if you want.  They can be pretty thick in areas, so lots to just fight, but a bit longer to gain AP.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    To answer your question. Yes, you can grind, it will just take a lot longer than questing, which gives you big chunks of skill points. But yes, grinding is a viable alternative if you hate questing that much.