Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My only gripe about this game.

GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The only thing I have encountered about this game that I don't like isn't really even the developer's fault to some extent.  Today is not like 10+ years ago.  Players in MMOs have no honor at all.  They don't care what people think of them or thier character.  It's all about them, not about everyone.  In the old days, Players would refrain from killing, unless they were outlaws or bandits, etc.  This was the golden age of open world pvp imho.  You had your bandit guilds, and even they had rules about pvp for thier members to abide by.  You had your police guilds, that would assist anyone who was unjustly ganked or griefed, and genrally kept the peace.  These had no ties to developers or anything.  People just created the idea naturally.  In today's MMO player there is no sense of wrong.  You see a noob, you kill them, you loot them until they quit.  It's bad for business on the developer's side, it's bad for business on the griefer's side as well.  Eventually there will be noone to grief....

Other than this, MO is an awesome game :)

Comments

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    These type of games must be played from day 1. Three months later, any new player will be whacked with no chance of surviving until they /ragequit. Then the players that were having fun start to quit because there is no one to gank or not enough people to group with. Hacking is rampant these days, so that's another problem. Too many bugs and you lose a bunch of players. I think devs must got it right from the get go and keep the bugs to a minimum. And of course, don't release a game in beta state.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

So the horses flying through the air or animals/mobs stuck in the ground or loot spawning/hacking or crappy prediction system where you get hit and can not even see the guy who hit you or terrible GM events are all awesome for you then?  Thats what you look forward to when you log into a game?  Luckily, most of the other gamers tend to dislike games of this low quality which is why the dev company has not have a single profitable quarter since the game launched and is currently at the lowest point in its sub base which is sad considering that the biggest expansion that was supposed to fix everything was recently launched.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700
    Originally posted by Gravarg

The only thing I have encountered about this game that I don't like isn't really even the developer's fault to some extent.  Today is not like 10+ years ago.  Players in MMOs have no honor at all.  They don't care what people think of them or thier character.  It's all about them, not about everyone.  In the old days, Players would refrain from killing, unless they were outlaws or bandits, etc.  This was the golden age of open world pvp imho.  You had your bandit guilds, and even they had rules about pvp for thier members to abide by.  You had your police guilds, that would assist anyone who was unjustly ganked or griefed, and genrally kept the peace.  These had no ties to developers or anything.  People just created the idea naturally.  In today's MMO player there is no sense of wrong.  You see a noob, you kill them, you loot them until they quit.  It's bad for business on the developer's side, it's bad for business on the griefer's side as well.  Eventually there will be noone to grief....

Other than this, MO is an awesome game :)

MO Is full of griefers, but not because gamers changed.

All the "blues" and "traders" and "people with chivalry" are out playing games like WoW, Rift, and Star Wars. Before that type of game existed there were less than a handful of MMOs and many different types of players played the same game because nothing else was out there. When games came out where some douchebag couldn't take your stuff where do you think the people who hated getting their stuff taken went?

You're left with MO, a game full of people who want to ruin other's people day but the other crowd was never playing in the first place.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

The developers have focused on the pvpers the most. Thats why only they remain.

They havent added furniture for housing, criminal punishing (other than targetting/pushing and hoping you can type in guards in time), they havent added churches, they havent added alot of pve, ETC ETC ETC.

Its turned into a reputation contest to see who can be the coolest pvper on the server.

But thats not entirely the devs fault either because they havent said they were going to cater to the RP'ers in a long time. In the beggining they did say they would put fluff in but havent talked about that in a long time. So its mainly your fault for expecting more RP'ers and blues to be still interested in the game when all SV is talking about is making the pvpers happy.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by xDayx

The developers have focused on the pvpers the most. Thats why only they remain.

They havent added furniture for housing, criminal punishing (other than targetting/pushing and hoping you can type in guards in time), they havent added churches, they havent added alot of pve, ETC ETC ETC.

Its turned into a reputation contest to see who can be the coolest pvper on the server.

But thats not entirely the devs fault either because they havent said they were going to cater to the RP'ers in a long time. In the beggining they did say they would put fluff in but havent talked about that in a long time. So its mainly your fault for expecting more RP'ers and blues to be still interested in the game when all SV is talking about is making the pvpers happy.

And pvpers should be happy for what exactly? For worthless and pointless TC? For prediction system? For mounted fighting? For weapons balance and variety? For armor balanve and variety? For class balance and variety? For mounted archery? For awesome magery and several magic schools? Nope. All those are crap. The whole game is crap. All bloody features in the game are poorly thought and poorly implemented. Nothing is working and you coming here to complain cause the game have not enough fluff and devs didnt show much love to RP'ers. I say you are blind, clueless and you post just to post. Several months ago you where asking in official forums from Henrik to personally give you reasurements to your concerns about the game, so you would specifically come in MMORPG and advertise MO. Exactly as you did even though i highly doubt that Henrik actually was bothered to throw a bone to you and tie you down as one of his dogs. Still you came in here and raised a loud voice concerning MO, spreading the word about an awesome game.

Saying that SV's devs focused in pvp aspects of the game instead of others allows me to say that they didnt. PVP in MO simply aint there. Theres only exploiter vs sheep and player vs SV's innability. The only thing SV's devs focused on was to recruit people like yourself to do spread their viral marketing. They never focused in any aspect of the game cause they simply couldnt.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    @argirop

Well, SV may have failed at most things, including PvP, but xDayx does have a point: their focus was heavily slanted towards the PvP aspects of the game for a long, long time.

The people whose only concern was combat tweaks and tc could at least hold on to some hope, while most players who craved PvE, trading, RP, etc were largely ignored.

This was one of the reasons why MO's community rapidly turned to shit.
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Biskop i dont disagree with the fact that MO totaly lacks PVE and RP elements and theres not even a decent lore behind it. Guilds like WSX totally replaced SV and did their job at some point by taking the half assed SV's lore to a new lvl concerning religion, Soldeus and Umbra. And even non RP guilds like AQ spported that just to have something going on in a game that wasnt supported by the devs team. I cant really say that SV was pvp focused and if they did, they failed miserably, cause to me and many more PVP was way more playable and fun back in beta, than it is today. Also to me they should have focused in many things but given the fact that they where a small team but since Nave was supposed to be a cruel world and MO an open world, full loot, sandbox game PVP should have being their No 1 priority. Not the only one ofc but the top one. 

But in any case doesnt feel right to listen from blind fanboys with afiliations with SV, that MO failed cause the team was PVP focused. MO failed cause SV failed to deliver anything in a decent manner. So bottom line is that PVP sucks, PVE simply is not there and RP elements are only in the imagination of the playerbase. And all that in a broken to its core game with bugs and glitches everywhere and GM's and mods running around and griefing people that are paying monthly sub just to get frustrated instead of having fun.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by argirop

Biskop i dont disagree with the fact that MO totaly lacks PVE and RP elements and theres not even a decent lore behind it. Guilds like WSX totally replaced SV and did their job at some point by taking the half assed SV's lore to a new lvl concerning religion, Soldeus and Umbra. And even non RP guilds like AQ spported that just to have something going on in a game that wasnt supported by the devs team. I cant really say that SV was pvp focused and if they did, they failed miserably, cause to me and many more PVP was way more playable and fun back in beta, than it is today. Also to me they should have focused in many things but given the fact that they where a small team but since Nave was supposed to be a cruel world and MO an open world, full loot, sandbox game PVP should have being their No 1 priority. Not the only one ofc but the top one. 

But in any case doesnt feel right to listen from blind fanboys with afiliations with SV, that MO failed cause the team was PVP focused. MO failed cause SV failed to deliver anything in a decent manner. So bottom line is that PVP sucks, PVE simply is not there and RP elements are only in the imagination of the playerbase. And all that in a broken to its core game with bugs and glitches everywhere and GM's and mods running around and griefing people that are paying monthly sub just to get frustrated instead of having fun.

You're right of course, MO failed because the devs are incompetent, not because they focused on PVP.

But back when I played (from launch to some time after Dawn), most updates and fixes had to do with PVP combat. The world was empty, only animal mobs could be found and they had the worst AI known to man, crafting was a boring chore, the economy was non-existant, etc. There was simply nothing remotely fun to do besides attack other players, and also PVPers were among the most vocal community members, constantly demanding new fixes (probably because as you said, combat was better in beta). Thus, those who wanted a sandbox rather than a deathmatch all left.

Actually, imo it's pretty telling that they still haven't managed to get PVP to work, despite tweaking it for years. It was probably doomed from the start though; amateurs using a non-MMO engine to make a twitch-based, fpv MMO in a seamless world... It just won't work.

• BitshiftBitshift Member Posts: 31

Regarding PvP there is also a technical limitation given for such a complex thing like a MMORPG. That combat of them is awfully bloated without even looking to be complex. The thing is, momentum and all that stuff combined with a relatively fast twitch based combat does not fit that good in a MMORPG, especially when your opponents have a bad ping.

So i doubt that they will ever fix it.

It would be perhaps much better, if the combat basics would take much less calculations, but offer a lot more tactical depth due to a slower fight, in which you can trick your opponent, cancel up your swing to a certain point etc.

It's like all the systems they have: Way to complicated without being usefull.