Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invisible Walls and Corridor map design. Is it still like this?

2»

Comments

• DirgeBlastDirgeBlast Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    yeah I noticed that also , but yoshi really did not want a jump in game but did it anyway . but if you go on realism can someone jump off a 80 ft bridge unto a 2ft stream and not shatter there ankles ? would you attempt this in reality or would you cross the bridge and walk to the shore ?

I saw footage of someone trying to jump over a railing and into a stream that was maybe 5 feet below them. Invisible wall stopped them. They tried jumping over another spot later on where they would not have injured themselves... Invisible wall stopped them.

And so on.

The limitations on it are pretty arbitrary and inconsistent, frankly. And again, I can see a lot of people complaining about it. Probably well before full launch.

Personally, I'm in the crowd who was fine with no jumping at all. I'm not "anti-jump". I'm more "add jumping if it's absolutely necessary". It wasn't in XI and it wasn't in XIV 1.0 (people not wanting to spend "forever" (as in 5 or 6 extra seconds) running around a cliff to get to a ramp once in a while notwithstanding).

That jumping was added at all is, like you say, a blatant concession to "appease the masses" as Yoshi stated it would serve no purpose in the game other than to just let people hop around because they can. That disappointed me. Had he said "we're implementing jumping, and to make it interesting and useful, we're going to be building some content to make good and challenging use of it, that would have been awesome. But he didn't. It's a useless "feature" added just to try and get more warm bodies into the game.

Yoshi's making an awful lot of concessions with the game and, personally, I'm not okay with a MMO being built on ass-kissing and fan service, mixed into yet more "WoW-inspired gameplay". 

And nothing I'm saying there is hyperbolic or inaccurate. Yoshi's commented on each of those things on a number of occasions. I'm just responding to what the bigger picture is when you put all those separate bits of info together.

"All contents are under development and subject to change"

NDA-NDA-NDA-NDA-NDA