Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR - Space Project - It Does Exist!!!!!

12346»

Comments

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         I"m playing EVE right now on the 14 day free trial..  Are people saying that SWTOR is going to impliment a space game like EVE? or just beef up the space on rails?   I seriously doubt SWTOR is going to do any true galactic 3D space..
  • ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    I hope it is in development, but with the stripped down Dev team, I don't think we will be seeing anything soon, I also am not sure they will be able to do the needed complete from the ground up re-write and feaqr a rehashed rails shooter.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Star Citizen will dwarf their little SSSP space attempt.

I'm quite sure it's some "warzones," Moonbreaker style, you'll queue up, get a loading screen, shoot around in an instance with 16 players steering with mouse (no joystick support), 3rd person view, no cockpits, no complicated flight sim controls to cater to their casual customers.

Warzone ends, followed by a loading screen.

All in glorious dull Hero Engine clone wars graphics, tested to work on 2005 office laptops.

there, the SSSP in a nutshell.

yes, this is the absolute maximum I expect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVDPyH384c

Moonbreaker.

And let me add, earliest date is probably sometime 2014..."far out in the future".

lol @bioware

just sad.

exactly. The sad thing is, the Moonbreakers type gameplay fits perfectly into SWTOR with all the instancing, queuing up for warzones thing and linear themepark gameplay.

Perhaps they will buy it, reskin some ships, add some voiceovers and sell it to us as the SSSP .

Don't have any hopes for a SC, Freelancer or Elite Dangerous type space sim.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Masonic1

no it doesn't.

bioware knows that the players are leaving and really came up with the whole thing as a way to try and slow the leaving player base down. note that it's barely working.

thats because they are already known to not meeting promises......... I wonder their definition of "soon"

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Normally, we get the trademarked "Soon" (tm) as to when some new shiny feature will come out. In this case, it's not even "Soon" (tm), but "Not Soon" (tm).

Not gonna hold my breath, even if they had said "Soon".  I will be surpirsed if anything comes out until the end of next year.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Soon™.

This is only for the true death metal enthusiasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMh8GQnDW8

Bang your head.

• FignarFignar Member CommonPosts: 417

One thing you should have learnt by now is don't get your hopes up and don't expect anything. For all we know it could just be a slight upgrade to the rail shooter in place now. 

One thing that you can say  is that EAware have a habit of over hyping everything. 

Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by Fignar

One thing you should have learnt by now is don't get your hopes up and don't expect anything. For all we know it could just be a slight upgrade to the rail shooter in place now. 

One thing that you can say  is that EAware have a habit of over hyping everything. 

You could say that if you don't like what they make whih works just as equally for any company that releases a product that any one single person doesn't like luckily for me I tend to really enjoy EA/BW games so for me it isn't over hyped.

In regards to the space project glad to see it moving along even though my interest in it is minor as I'm still enjoying the game and still finishing the storylines.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I like the current space minigame for what it is - nothing more than a diversion really, like the minigames in GW1 (snowball fights?). I really hope the new space project is open ended and has more "meat" to it rather than being an on rails shooter.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I would never expect an EvE sort of space sim out of this game.  I think anyone hoping or "thinking' it will be that is just silly.  Especially those that think that it Should be that, but they already hate the game, so when it isn't that, it lets them hate it even more! Justifaction, go!

If it's similar to XwingVsTie, with missions with up to 8 people at the start in huge open space areas, that'd be wonderful.  I'd hope for more then just your one ship.

But that link to that moon breaker is most likely closer to what it will be. Sadly