Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTS changes are impressive here

cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?490212-Update-9-Against-the-Shadow-PRELIMINARY-Release-Notes-SUBJECT-TO-CHANGE

Out of all the patch notes releasing for most mmorpgs this last couple of months i gotta say this has to be the most impressive. Mounted combat outside of Rohan , graphics updates,  and tons of quality of life changes.

Comments

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by cronius77

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?490212-Update-9-Against-the-Shadow-PRELIMINARY-Release-Notes-SUBJECT-TO-CHANGE

Out of all the patch notes releasing for most mmorpgs this last couple of months i gotta say this has to be the most impressive. Mounted combat outside of Rohan , graphics updates,  and tons of quality of life changes.

It just gets better and better. I love riding my war steed at full pelt around middle earth, be even more fun to fight things from it. The only thing I don't like is being unhorsed when I mine, in Rohan I can stay mounted (maybe that's a bug) unrealistic I know, but hey I'm lazy.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i agree i played on the public test server and the new no miss rate made combat feel much faster for melee which imo lotr online needed a lot. Also not having to loot mobs anymore and just run and kill from level 1 up is much more better. Crafting exp for nodes and recipes now , the bree revamp is awesome looking especially on a game that was starting to show its age , out of all the game patches ive seen in most games this has to be the most impressive even though its actually content lite.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Amazing changes.  All for the better and quality of life.  I think this one is really interesting:

Travel to Quest NPC tech
    You will now see little check marks next to your quests at the quest tracker if your final quest objective is to go talk to an NPC to complete the quest. You should be able to use these check marks to get the option to fast travel back to the Quest NPC.

With this and the open tapping and auto loot in all of middle earth, leveling alts will be more streamlined and not feel like it's going to take forever to get to the newest level cap.  Rohan is just so good I can't wait to take one of each class into it and all of these changes make that a less daunting task.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Is it actually mounted combat outside of Rohan, or just the ability to ride your warsteed around? Can actually kill things while mounted? 
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    its mounted combat outside of rohan as far as i know i know you get the abilties now pretty low like level 10 is the first 3
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Let me know when they decide to do a update on housing. I'm amazed that they put housing in the game then pretty much drop it after that. How many years since they put in housing? They could do so much with housing and add a depth to the game that is lacking in modern MMO's.