Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What 3 games did you waste money on in 2012?

123457»

Comments

• sabotage23sabotage23 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by exwin

1. TWS lifetime. In fairness, I really liked the game for a few months, but a "lifetime" worth, it was not.

2. WarZ. What MMO charges you money to join/form a clan? Really?

3. Rift. Looked cool, sounded cool, never opened the box.

That's sucks its actually a good game and Trion is awesome

Go to greenmangaming and use the 25% voucher on a 30 day game time card :D

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

only 2  for me,

Diablo 3

WoW expension

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

In 2012?, thats easy. 

1) TERA

2) D3

3) GW2 

• ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71

My waste was WoW until I got sick of it (again). 

My BIGGEST waste was Tera, wow, what a POS that was. The only saving grace that game has is the sexy outfits, but that's overshadowed by the horribly over-sized weapons.

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

None, since I made informed decisions and didnt have unrealistic expectations.

Although I nearly fell for the Rift expansion with all the advertising going on, glad I didn't since I came to my senses and remembered what a bunch of supermacro'ed crap it was.

Now Trion are sending desperate emails using my old character and guild data to sway my emotions, obviously Storm Legion didn't sell very well for them.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Auzy
    Love all these posts of GW2 was a huge waste of $....when you know most of them are 100+ hours played.

I know it's hard to believe people don't like your game of choice, but even with 400 hours played I think it was a waste of money.

MMOs are supposed to last a long time, GW2 lasted a month and that was with me trying every way possible to enjoy it, hence the 400 hours played.

That is over 13 hours a day for a whole month. If you weren't enjoying it you should probably seek professional help.

• coleman11bcoleman11b Member UncommonPosts: 76

Diablo 3...

Every other "waste" pales in comparison to the pile of crap Diablo 3 was. That game would make an Arizona beachside condo look like a fine deal.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

SWTOR, CE + 2 60 day timecards. Kind of enjoyed it, but paying a monthly fee to it just seems a waste as feels like playing a single player game than a MMO

City of Heroes, subbed for about 6 + 1 free months, at stat of the year, but other RL things kept me from playing it much.  Then renewed again but then it got announced to close, but got most of that money back, and had about 3 months free

WOW - Agreed to annual pass for D3, but never got around to playing much either

None of them I really disliked, but kept subbing, then other RL things keep me from playing, so did not feel I got the value of the monthly fee.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

No money wasted this year.

Sick of the hype-fiasco-hype-fiasco cycle, I decided this:

Don't purchase any game until it has been out for a few months and people are still happy with it on the forums. Never ever pre-order. Never ever purchase any new game on release.

And it works. I strongly suggest all gamers to do the same.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Kendane
     A waste is something like Too Human, I played about 2 hours, and after the stupid long death/respawn, and a rather boring game I quit.  

If that is the Xbox 360 game, then if I was you, I would have resold (or even returned if possible) the game and got my money back. Sometimes I have even made a profit!

Whereas MMOs are money gone for good.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

TOR ( not a complete waste of money, but a bit disappointed it went F2P so fast)

D3 (desaster)

GW2 (complete waste of money, but I got a refund so I made back some 2012 losses)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84
    Only one, Diablo 3.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

None actually. Even in GW2 i had some hours of fun, and maybe i will come back later and try it again.

SWTOR was fun the 5 months it lasted. Enough fun for that price for sure.

On the other side....TSW, X-Com, Rayman, Little Big Planet 2....bought some really great games this year

And I wonder about those people playing SWTOR for 6 months (!) and saying it was not worth the money. WTF is wrong with you guys. You got 6 months for aprox. 100€  o.O

Hodor!

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well wasted money were on the spent for Medievall II Total War, i had it cracked and i wanted an official version lol, the 2nd was on SpaceMarine 40k, i wanted so bad the MMO, and i dunno i found it on sales and just bought that, but there is no evol campaign and almost dead multiplay, there was no 3rd waste ...

the rest of my spends i dont consider them wasted on World of Tanks and on GW2 ...

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I think many people here are confouding waste with disappointment

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

Like many others here I regret my D3 and GW2 purchases.

As far as D3 is concerned, I think regret is too strong a word.  I love the series and I was happy with the campaign.  I just wish there was more to it than rolling an alt or re-running the content over and over again.  

I love GW2's art style and world design.  Exploring is fun.  I just can't take doing hearts anymore.  And I hate that once you explore an area there is no reason to ever go back there again.  Divinty's Reach is glorious, but once you've seen everything there's no reason to go back.  It's sad to me.  

I guess the only other thing I bought that approches regret is Arma II.  As many did, I bought it for DayZ.  And I played the HOUND out of Dayz (until it became more PVP than co-op).  So I guess I got my money's worth out of it, even if I'm not playing it anymore.

Games I didn't regret?  Skyrim and BF3.  

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    OP question is little tricky. Not sure if every1 understood it is meant of which game you have spent money and was total disaster. None for me this year. Not even TSW i have played few days short of free month. Was still worth. Just hope they fix few things and I will gladly return.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Wow man alot of people realy dont think b4 buying a game do they???

Ic alot of people saying they bought D3, GW2, TL2, TERA, TSW and none of them lived up to their expectation...../ sarcasm i feel sad for people like that......they never find anything they like. /end sarcasm

Anyways...

TSW.....did not realy catch my attention so i did not buy

D3.....bought it and had my storyline worth of gametime so altough it was not as good as i wanted it to be i dont see this as a waste of my money....i had some fun.

TL2: still playing it and loving it.

Tera: maybe the only one where i wasted my money on......it was fun at first but i got bored easy with the grind quests.

GW2: my new home for a long time to come.

Wow panda edition: didnt even follow this sucker.....for me wow is realy not an option anymore. (bad community, its not the game that's bad).

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Nothing...

The games I buy I do research on, if im unsure i wait a bit for more reviews or find a way to test the game out before i purchase.

KoA, D3, Spec ops: the line, Max Payne 3, ME3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping dogs, Transformers, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Assassin's Creed 3 & FarCry 3 (pre-ordered) were my main purchases of the year and I dont regret buying any of them, got my money's worth with all of them.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by dinams

No they're not. If the game was disappointing to them, then the purchase was a waste of money for them - period. Money that could have been spent elsewhere.Their money; their opinion; they can claim disappointment. It's arrogant and self centered to think your opinion and value for money should trump theirs. I don't care if a person played a game for 100 hours and walked away disappointed in the game; that game is still a waste to them. Granted, it probably shouldn't have taken 100 hours to figure out looking from the outside, but after spending money for a game, some folks are determined to try and find the fun even if they aren't having fun. 

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by dinams

well at the british english i have (somehow) learned disappointment from something i bought, means wasted money ... i dunno there you live what means waste ...

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    As long as I get 60-100 hours of playtime back from a game, I don't really view it as a waste. Granted I got BF3 with my new video card, and I received D3 with my WoW annual pass (never wanted to cancel my wow sub so nothing lost). I have over 100 hours in GW2 and continue to play it off and on when I get the itch for it.
  • Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Reizla

I'm not a real game-buyer, but the ones I wasted my money on are:

• Guild Wars 2 - I hoped this game would be something new and nice, but boredom struck after 100 hours of playing and not even hitting 80...
    • RIFT - Good thing I did get a refund for the expansion...
    • TERA - 1 month of playing and I got bored like hell...

Lol, 100 hours of playing is no waste dude !

1. GW Played maybe 10 hours

2. Tera

3. Rift... I got it for 5 bugs and dont even install it