Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ultimate just for fun GW2 poll

FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
Since no one was able to create a poll with clear options yet, there you go. Poll away

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Pretty good, but GW2 lacks one of the main things I consider to be the most important in an MMORPG: Longevity.

There is almost none. It takes around 40 hours to hit cap, which is just ridiculous. And after you hit cap, you can either PvP or roll an alt. It's a well made game with a great engine, but the game just doesn't hold my interest. Sadly, because I was looking forward to this for a long time.

Joined - July 2004

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by remyburke

Pretty good, but GW2 lacks one of the main things I consider to be the most important in an MMORPG: Longevity.

There is almost none. It takes around 40 hours to hit cap, which is just ridiculous. And after you hit cap, you can either PvP or roll an alt. It's a well made game with a great engine, but the game just doesn't hold my interest. Sadly, because I was looking forward to this for a long time.

40 hours to hit cap? Man I must be doing something wrong. I guess all these personal stories and exploration stuff is just getting in the way of leveling like a pro. Oh well, to each their own.

imageimage
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

You could hit the level cap in 40 hours, perhaps, but there is no way you would have explored the entire world, or run all the story quests, or listened to all the NPC chat ,or done all the jumping puzzles, or all the dungeons...

I have yet to hear why GW2 has LESS content than any other MMO.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    It's about average for me. By the end of the 3rd month after release, I find myself rarely logging in anymore. I think I'm pretty tired of the genre really and GW 2 doesn't do enough differently successfully enough to overcome that especially since the developers have revealed they are going to make it a typical gear progression game after all.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's an ok themepark game. I wouldn't call it great, and I wouldn't say it's terrible. It does what it does, it's a themepark game like the dozens of others out there.

All themepark and  WoW clones all seem pretty much the same to me though. Mmo's have taken giant leaps backwards in the way of providing more and exciting things to do in mmo's. They're all on rails, questing, and gear grinding, with battleground pvp (which to me isn't really pvp). Games like Asheron's Call, Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot all gave a lot more than todays games do. It's quite sad devs have learned nothing from what made those games great back in the day. They've taken nothing from them to add to today's mmo's to expand mmo's and make them more enjoyable. It's like devs today have no imagination, they just copy things from mmos starting with WoW and failed WoW clones. image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I have an insane number of hours in this game already and there's still so much I haven't seen. WvW sunk it's claws into me and I've really fallen behind on the PvE side. Yeah, downed Zhaitan, but missed most of the dungeons. At least so far I'm up to Fractals 12, so progressing there. Have a mesmer and a guardian at 80.

Still, for me, best game ever.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.