Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMORPG of 2012,2013,2014,2015

RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

What's the best MMORPG of 2012 you ask? A game that is not even out yet. That's right folks, a game that isn't even out yet is better than every game that is already out.

Star Citizen

Star Citizen is not out, yet it makes Guild Wars 2 look like a steaming pile of garbage, it makes World of Warcraft look like an erotic caveman painting chissled by Ringo Starr in the movie "Caveman" (1981) see the IMDB page here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082146/

Star Citizen makes Darkfall & The Secret World look like a pile of refuse, need I go on?

Star Citizen makes EVE online look like EVE offline, and unlike EVE it's actually a space sim where you will be able to fly around with even a joystick! 

Star Citizen will be the best gameof every year before it comes out and many a year after it comes out. Look for it, SC is here to stay, and by SC I don't mean Star Control or Star Control II (great game), I mean Star Citizen, don't let the name fool you, don't let it's association with Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer, & Chris Roberts fool you, know this, it'll be the best game in this decade easily, it'll wipe every other game off the map.

Even if you don't like spae sims you will love them by the time you play this game. The amazingness of this game blows the hype meter off the charts, I would grade it a 16 trillion out of 10.

Check out the site if you haven't already, here's the link:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen [mod edit - link modified to remove referral]

--- Razimus

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Razimus

What's the best MMORPG of 2012 you ask? A game that is not even out yet. That's right folks, a game that isn't even out yet is better than every game that is already out.

Star Citizen

No reason to read further. It's already a post of history-ignorant cheerleading.

Look, it may turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for someone that's been coming here for 6 years to still not realize that the gold-flaked puppies and rainbows of development have a high probability of being unpolished turds and simply rain (if they are even in the game at all) come release... that's just blind cheerleading at that point.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Best mmo of 2015 was Zarblamf Universe. What. You don't know? You will...you will...

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

I like "Caveman."

I wish Carbine a good release and launch but come on, there has to be a better way to peddle your wares than this garbage.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Isnt star citizen more of a single player space sim with coop and MP in it? So doesnt that make it not an mmo? 

I think Trions Defiance will come out of no where and blow other mmos out of the water.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50

I'm pretty excited about this game. Didn't realize it was an MMO though since the FAQ states otherwise.

Also what's with the referral link? What benefit do you get for referring people with that link?

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    I thought Star Citizen wasn't really a MMO.  From what I have read on other threads, they are not hosting servers.  Instead, it will be more like Freelancer, which allows both single-player and large-scale hosted servers.  Am I wrong?
    Originally posted by syntax42
    I thought Star Citizen wasn't really a MMO.  From what I have read on other threads, they are not hosting servers.  Instead, it will be more like Freelancer, which allows both single-player and large-scale hosted servers.  Am I wrong?

Im pretty sure thats how it works.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

While i was among first to invest into the game. You must understand it is not going to be full blown MMO.

At least not in EVE scope.

It will be more like Freelancer multiplayer, but with dedicated server (or option for player hosted servers aswell - which is good too)

Much smaller scope with limited players in instanced area. All this will be handled in a way that player will not notice. But it will be perfectly possible that you and another player stand on same place - yet can not see each other because you are put in separate instances.

Lastly 6 million goal will go long way into perfecting MMO aspect. But how much - will remain to be seen.

Star Citizen will be simply a single player game that is playable as a multiplayer game with persistant universe.

But It will also be kick ass game - no doubt about that !

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Too late, Lobotomist, the OP's hysterical frothing has put me right off the game.  :D
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    am i the only one who does not like outer space? 
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    I think I will just move along

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by muffins89

Im not a fan of it either but SC appeals to me because if they do it right I can basically make my own firefly type story. Im a fan of Dark Fantasy (witcher and Conan) Scifi modern (TSW) Fantasy lite (Embers of Caerus) and Fantasy (rift)

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Originally posted by muffins89

Im not a fan of it either but SC appeals to me because if they do it right I can basically make my own firefly type story. Im a fan of Dark Fantasy (witcher and Conan) Scifi modern (TSW) Fantasy lite (Embers of Caerus) and Fantasy (rift)

from what i've seen it's an interesting concept but i can't get past the sci-fi,  space,  theme.  hopefully that guy pulls it off and some fantasy developers pay attention.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Moving to the StarCitizen forum and locking since the game is already being discussed there.

Removed referral link.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.