Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Thing I Got to Know for ARR...

Not sure if this would break the NDA at this point, but 1 thing I must know about ARR...

... is whether or not you can hotkey the camera movement (especially to the directional arrow keys). My biggest pet peeve for any game is the inability to do so. I cannot stand using the mouse to move my camera and am surprised at how many games on the market nowadays don't allow for this. 

FFXIV 1.0 did allow you to hotkey the camera at launch, but they did not allow you to bind them to the directional keys. I believe those were reserved for menu movement at first. At some point they did change that, however, and I was able to bind to the arrows, so here's hoping that will make its way into ARR.

Anyone able to confirm?

Comments

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I know how you feel.  I really loved the controls in FFXI, being able to play the game completely with the keyboard was awesome.  If XIV allowed for the same controls as XI, I probably would have played longer than I did.

I really hope they get their shit together and bring back some of the ideas from XI (specifically the interface and controls).

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    new alpha video on the.FFXIV arr info thread black shroud part 2 . Also from what I know control wise it is fully customizable for PC and PS3 both UIs . Also PC can use a gamepad . Standard PC controls wasd moves left click mouse is rotation , right click mouse is camera , space is jump . But again you can customize

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• Sovereign1Sovereign1 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    new alpha video on the.FFXIV arr info thread black shroud part 2 . Also from what I know control wise it is fully customizable for PC and PS3 both UIs . Also PC can use a gamepad . Standard PC controls wasd moves left click mouse is rotation , right click mouse is camera , space is jump . But again you can customize

I'm leary of fully customizable. A big reason I'm so partial to playing strictly keyboard is because of all the years I spent in FFXI. When FFXIV came out, I was surprised that I couldn't bind the camera to the directional keys as that was the default setting in XI.

They must of changed that at some point because when I resub'd a few months back and was adjusting my keymapping, I noticed that I was able to use the arrows for the camera.

Previously, those were off-limits and reserved for navigating the menu. I just hope under the new regime that the camera is keybindable and arrow keys are available as options like in XI.