Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lead GM changes policy of game in less than three weeks

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s660/directcorrelation/moconversation.png this conversation took place less than 3 weeks ago as a guild friendly to lead gm used what we considered an exploit.  Here he clearly is stating the tactic is legit, he is asked can we do the same to which he says yes. Then when our guild did do it, he outlawed it in less than 2 hours. This guy is reason a great game has died.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Every other week someone is posting some new egregious betrayal of the playerbase with this game. There's rarely ever news about

• - cool community things
    • - events in game
    • - gameplay updates
    • - guild/clan clashes/politics

Is it that people just like the idea of this game and support it based on that, or is there actually cool stuff going on and that never gets relayed outside of the game?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• satansarahsatansarah Member Posts: 2

<[LGM]Discord> That tower placement is illegal
    <[LGM]Discord> we do not allow tower placed inside houses, thats acts as extra defense it shoudl't even let you do it

Sorry forgot to put this onto the end.

• blurtblurterblurtblurter Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Every other week someone is posting some new egregious betrayal of the playerbase with this game. There's rarely ever news about

• - events in game
    • - gameplay updates

Is it that people just like the idea of this game and support it based on that, or is there actually cool stuff going on and that never gets relayed outside of the game?

Its actually a very good skill based full loot pvp game, there are a few elements that need to be cleaned up.

In recent patches the game has come along in leaps and bounds, still a few really annoying bugs but all in all the PvP is very good.

It is not a game for ppl that do not like dieing and having all thier loot taken, you would need to release yourself from this grind for gear mindset that recent MMOs have been brainwashing players with. Its about conquest. There is not one quest in the game yet im busy every day with too much to do.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by blurtblurter

• - events in game
    • - gameplay updates

Its actually a very good skill based full loot pvp game, there are a few elements that need to be cleaned up.

In recent patches the game has come along in leaps and bounds, still a few really annoying bugs but all in all the PvP is very good.

It is not a game for ppl that do not like dieing and having all thier loot taken, you would need to release yourself from this grind for gear mindset that recent MMOs have been brainwashing players with. Its about conquest. There is not one quest in the game yet im busy every day with too much to do.

Poppycock, this game stinks.  Patches fix one thing and either break another, or leave bugs from two years ago unfixed.  Sell your snake oil elsewhere.  In regards to the OP.  At this point, you support it.  If you are sick of the corrupt GMs, then quit.  Every cent you spend towards MO only says that you have no issue with how the GM/s behave.  So vote with your money or get used to this kind of garbage.  Sorry to sound harsh and I agree with you that it is messed up.  

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

The community left (100 or so) are the worst you'll find around. Nearly all are griefers, exploiters, dupers or all of the above.The guild KotO was based out of Meduli and was helping noobs as that's where alot of them spawned and also running their own events (every GM run event has ended in a bugged messy fail). That guild along with a few other friendly ones are gone now.
    • - events in game

See above.

• - gameplay updates

Usually lies. Devs will promise a patch or a fix but it will take sometimes a year to see it. Then when it comes it usually does with another 5 bugs added to it or reveals an exploit that kills the economy even further.

There's really only one guild left in the game, the Fail Alliance. They'll tell you they're not one guild but they all share a TS and zerg together... oh and dupe together. They also have at least one GM who uses his powers to scout etc for them, I'm sure you're starting to see why the game is dying.

People like myself loved the concept so we supported while mostly not even playing. After 2 years and a few returns to game most of us have finally given up and learnt our lesson.

To the OP, I feel for you dude. I created a "Step Down Discord" thread on the MO forums last month which was deleted. He does the game great damage but SV seem to love him. Over 200 people and 2 of the games biggest guilds have left MO directly because of Discord, unfortunately it doesn't look like he's going away... MO prob will though.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the game itself is good imo, certainly enough to hold your attention for a good few months at least.

if by magic i was granted the choice of being given my time and money back from what i invested in the game with the excpetion of having my experiences errased, or simply keeping my experience. I think i would keep it. I do not regret my 2-3 years of playing MO, but in the end i left because the games patches are to slow, theres alot that still needs implementing and fixing which will never be done in a realistic time frame and the whole experience became stale becuase of it. Whilst i cannot say i have ever been directly hurt by gm actions or corruption, i can say that it has caused my guild as a whole quite bit of grief, enough to put a bad taste in my mouth at the thought of returning.

so in a way i would recommend MO free trial to anyone looking for a sandbox mmo to play that is prepared for the worse, you never know you mgiht actually like it as others have.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

How can you say the games "GOOD" when you left because:

"the games patches are to slow, theres alot that still needs implementing and fixing which will never be done in a realistic time frame"

obviously its not "good" enough,  even for the diehards.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Hancakes

How can you say the games "GOOD" when you left because:

"the games patches are to slow, theres alot that still needs implementing and fixing which will never be done in a realistic time frame"

obviously its not "good" enough,  even for the diehards.

i played it for 3 years and i dont regret my time ingame, i wish i could have my time back from playing, GW2 SWG EQ2 AO and AOC. Its the longest i have ever played an mmo continuously so it would seem odd if i said i didnt like it wouldnt it?

it wasnt some epihpany i didnt just see the light and realize MO sucks, i still have pletny of fond memories but after 3 years i got bored and thats not bad going for an mmo imo. Granted im much more leniant towards bugs in games but regardless of my opinions towards SV and the patches that doesnt change my opinion of the actual game.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

It sounds like deathshroud shared sentiment somewhat. I enjoyed my time in MO and had fun, but I didn't enjoy how SV ran the game and some of their staff. I can dig it.
    That is why I don't think the game stands a chance. It will always be run by the same inept staff.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by blurtblurter

• - events in game
    • - gameplay updates

That both doesn't answer the question at all and answers it perfectly. The postive posts I see are like yours, people trying to sell us on the game. I want to hear about those conquests - the battle reports, the politics, the resolutions and pacts. What are the cool things that are happening in game? It's touted as a sandbox, so what are the events that players are running? Emergent gameplay stuff?

"It's a very good game! It's about conquest not like the other kiddie games. I have so much to do when I log in it's great!"

Well, gee, the Brand Manager from the marketing dept could have told me that.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

I used to RP in Wessex and SoV but in my opinion SV didn't foster a role playing environment. Heck you still can't make a chair or table for your house. After a while i didnt care who is allied with who, who ganked who, who is supposibly exploiting, who has a grudge on you because you RP. 

Sv caters to a handful of seedy people that end up hating them in the end because of their own inconstant policies and refusal to hire new talent and do things differently, all because they think they are 'keeping it real'.

It's a shame too, it could have been a great immersive mmorpg.

Originally posted by xDayx

I used to RP in Wessex and SoV but in my opinion SV didn't foster a role playing environment. Heck you still can't make a chair or table for your house. After a while i didnt care who is allied with who, who ganked who, who is supposibly exploiting, who has a grudge on you because you RP. 

Sv caters to a handful of seedy people that end up hating them in the end because of their own inconstant policies and refusal to hire new talent and do things differently, all because they think they are 'keeping it real'.

I am sure that they will allow you to purchase these items soon for real money.  imageimage

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

I am sure that they will allow you to purchase these items soon for real money.  imageimage

or pay $2500 for the Emperor Package and have your custom weapon made to look like a chair or table? image

Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

or pay $2500 for the Emperor Package and have your custom weapon made to look like a chair or table? image

definitely going in that direction.