Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

give it a try

paladin016paladin016 Member Posts: 27
Rift is such an amazing game! Just gonna give a quick review. I've been playing since release and so much content was added monthly. The new expansion is just beatiful!!! Fun questing.... Yes, fun questing!!! Levels 1-50 in the normal area is crap, but as soon as u get here ur gonna love it! It feels like a real mmo, and u work hard, relax in ur dimensions, then have fun in huge towns!!! Come join it!

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by paladin016
    Rift is such an amazing game! Just gonna give a quick review. I've been playing since release and so much content was added monthly. The new expansion is just beatiful!!! Fun questing.... Yes, fun questing!!! Levels 1-50 in the normal area is crap, but as soon as u get here ur gonna love it! It feels like a real mmo, and u work hard, relax in ur dimensions, then have fun in huge towns!!! Come join it!

Hey Paladin I got a question.

What can one do in their house/dimensions? and how is the population now?

Thanks in advance!

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Originally posted by paladin016

Hey Paladin I got a question.

What can one do in their house/dimensions? and how is the population now?

Thanks in advance!

Well I can also answer that for you. Dimensions are amazing. Very early in game, you'll receive your own empty dimension. When you have enough money, you can buy a dimension to your liking. Dimensions itself are a basic setting, and always empty. You can craft items, or buy items to be put in your dimension. Basically it is housing on steroids.

Video

To answer the population. I'm leveling through the 'old' world, and there are not that many people. Most of them are playing the new continent, Storm Legion. Questing however, is not a problem at all. 1 - 50 is very streamlined in my opinion, and lots of things to do. I'm in a very active guild (60 people online during the afternoon and evening, 10/15 always online).

I am from Europe and play on the NA shard Wolfsbane. In my opinion, Rift is much more popular in the US and I have no problem with the latency.

Edit: I forgot to say, with yesterday's hotfix, free players are also able to get a dimension. You can try Rift until level 20.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Dimensions are basically EQ2's housing, especially things like the tenebrous tangle island which is designed for people to build things from scratch into whatever their imagination comes up with.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Dimensions are basically EQ2's housing, especially things like the tenebrous tangle island which is designed for people to build things from scratch into whatever their imagination comes up with.

Rifts dimensions tend to require a little more work than EQ2's housing to get it into the form you want. However, dimensions feel more like your own creation as well.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

I started playing Rift two weeks back. I'm enjoying the experience, now at level 24 on my main (warrior tank). I have had the most fun running the Instant Adventures, as well as the invasions, rifts and footholds. The normal quests are just what you'd expect: "go here, kill x of this, repeat", but it's tolerable. Crafting is what you'd expect, too.

So far, I've been levelling up on my souls/talents by following pre-determined "purposes" that Rift provides. I'm eager to go my own way at some point and make my own builds.

Solid game, good graphics, lots to do.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I bought Rift: Storm Legion three weeks ago because of the housing and have not been disappointed. I probably spend 1/3 of my game time just shard hopping and visiting public dimensions to see what folks have dreamed up. Last night I found several more that were completely amazing, unexpected and very clever.

For each Dimension, you are given a plot of land and sometimes it has a structure or two on it. Sizes vary according to price and location, and all are very different. So you have a basic setting for inspiration and then the rest is up to your imagination. One of the most important things is that you can place items on X-Y-Z axes, so height becomes another play space. This is where players have become amazingly creative.

Apart from housing, Rift is also a fun themepark game to play. Graphics are quite nice and character skill customization is excellent. All in all, a great game and an excellent value.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by catlana
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

Rifts dimensions tend to require a little more work than EQ2's housing to get it into the form you want. However, dimensions feel more like your own creation as well.

EQ2 has had some pretty big improvements over the years too.  Its *very* impressive that Rift launched in such an advanced state.

Interesting to note, EQ2 just released a galleon 'house' where you can change the weather and music.  Someone on the EQ2 team is paying attention to Rift.