Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs with space battle? (Like freelancer)

exdayvanexdayvan Member Posts: 5
I'm trying out knights of the old republic since it went F2P, but I just realized that EVE has space battle too... can you just fly around and kill other players in either of those? I'm looking for good space battles specifically.

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Eve's combat is more about selecting targets and weapons/devices but you don't actually pilot your ship like you do on Freelancer.

• EVE is a solid game with nice combat. i think they still have the free trial going on.

Star Trek Online does space combat as well. game is F2P so you can try it out.

Battlestar Galactica Online is also a game with space combat. it's a browser based game, and not top quality, but the option is there.

EDIT: check out some youtube vids on the games and/or try em. best way to check if it's what you're looking for. doesn't cost a dime to try em.

• exdayvanexdayvan Member Posts: 5
    wow didnt even think to check youtube. thanks dazzle!
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    There are no good games with space battles like Freelancer currently.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    If you can wait 2 yrs get Star Citizen, it will be very very very like freelancer.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Vendetta Online is worth a look. http://www.vendetta-online.com/

Other than that, Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen in a few years!

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

speaking of freelancer

http://discoveryfl.com/

if you like Freelancer and are looking for something like it. 

/thread

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless