Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REALLY enjoying this game right now

WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

For years this game has always been a little blinking light in the back of my head... Tried it once or twice over the years and just could not get into it.

Well about a month ago I decided to give it a full on try. To my surprise it is a very fun game! The level of content seems to be endless and the quests are very interisting as well.

I know this game has caught some flak whether it be "shit community" or botters... But this game doesn't force intereaction one bit, you CAN play with others or chose not to. I think the key is to play the game for what it is... Yes if you want to be in the rat race it may seem like an overwhelming grind... kill 100000x of this mob until skill lvl x, then move on to the next... But if you just enjoy a lot of the content it seems skill just naturally comes to you.

The wiki is a tremendous wealth of information and some of the quests will give a nice initial boost to many key skills. This game has also been around long enough where resources of knowledge, tips, trick, guides and videos are all over the place.

I am a relative newb to the game so this is all very refreshing to me and I am sure there are those who disagree whether they are bitter vets (EOC changes) or haters. I for one am really enjoying it.

I am usually on member server 42 (RP server) seems to be a decent community and I can always swap around if not.

Name in game is Rakthar. Come say hi!

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

I actually started this game last night and I'm enjoying it so far. I played it for about a month a few years back and couldn't get in to it, but they seem to have done a lot of updates since. The only thing I'm going to have trouble adjusting to is the arrow keys camera movement.. its very awkward for me to have my right hand on the mouse and left on the arrow keys.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

I play World 42 as well, it's got a good RP community - especially in Falador. 

You can't find what RuneScape offers in other games. For the good and the bad, it's a unique game that earns my subscription month after month.

And Kenze, not sure if you knew it or not but you can change your camera by holding down the scroll wheel and moving the mouse. I rarely use arrow keys.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Originally posted by Draron
    I play World 42 as well, it's got a good RP community - especially in Falador. You can't find what RuneScape offers in other games. For the good and the bad, it's a unique game that earns my subscription month after month.And Kenze, not sure if you knew it or not but you can change your camera by holding down the scroll wheel and moving the mouse. I rarely use arrow keys.

I did not know that! Thanks for the tip!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I just started playing this 2 days ago as well and couldn't believe how fun it was.  It reminds me of old school RPGs....having a blast so far...my favorite part so far was having to build the bow and arrow, then tie a rope to it to save the little girl in the pond.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Randayn
    I just started playing this 2 days ago as well and couldn't believe how fun it was.  It reminds me of old school RPGs....having a blast so far...my favorite part so far was having to build the bow and arrow, then tie a rope to it to save the little girl in the pond.

Yeah, RuneScape's quests are the best in the genre IMO. They're like mini adventures.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I agree with all of you, in fact it is the only game that makes me feel as I am living in an imaginary world in which I can make a living using my skills, the quests are the best in the mmo market, each one is unique and you really feel it is an adventure and not the classic slaughter X monsters, not to mention the mini games and distractions and diversions, there is so much to do in the world that every day is different from another. It is the ultimate sandbox, you have thousands of activities to do and there is so much to do that sometimes you wished the day has 28 hours to explore everything the game has to offer. I signed up the game about 6 years ago and although I have seen many events and updates still I discover things everyday and still I always lack time to participate in everything the game has to offer.

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119
    RS will always hold a special place in my heart. It's a wonderful, light, whimsical, creativity-bursting-at-the-seams kind of place.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Randayn

That line made try runescape :) love it when the quests are like htat :)

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.