Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new look back

First I must say I beta tested TSW in every stage and was thoroughly impressed with the story-line, especially since around that time SWTOR had been released, and lavished over its own story progression( which to me seemed pretty short and poorly done.)  But the gameplay seemd poorly executed so I would use expression like this game play is like ramming my head into a stop sign, I love the story though.  So days turned into weeks, weeks into month, months into a year and now I am finally getting back to giving a look at a more finished product.

I opted for the 3 day trial and started the DL process and off I went the first thing I noticed that some of the starting sequences had changed slightly which was refreshing.  Secondly that the client perfromance had been drastically improved, to be expected since its been released nearly a year ago.  So after the starer mission and in Kingsmouth, since I had most of the island memorized from the beta I flew through my 30 missions before I knew what was going on.  I had to say nearly a year later and I am impressed, even more so than I was with GW2, which I believe has much untapped potential but I will go into that in another post.

TSW you will be my paid sub game

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by UngoHumungo

First I must say I beta tested TSW in every stage and was thoroughly impressed with the story-line, especially since around that time SWTOR had been released, and lavished over its own story progression( which to me seemed pretty short and poorly done.)  But the gameplay seemd poorly executed so I would use expression like this game play is like ramming my head into a stop sign, I love the story though.  So days turned into weeks, weeks into month, months into a year and now I am finally getting back to giving a look at a more finished product.

I opted for the 3 day trial and started the DL process and off I went the first thing I noticed that some of the starting sequences had changed slightly which was refreshing.  Secondly that the client perfromance had been drastically improved, to be expected since its been released nearly a year ago.  So after the starer mission and in Kingsmouth, since I had most of the island memorized from the beta I flew through my 30 missions before I knew what was going on.  I had to say nearly a year later and I am impressed, even more so than I was with GW2, which I believe has much untapped potential but I will go into that in another post.

Thanks for posting -- reflects my experience as well.  Nice to see a post from someone who returned after beta and actually reviewed the game post-launch.  For some reason, many players thought the beta = production release.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Its a really enjoyable game experience so far for me. After my 3 day trial I saw it on Steam for £18 and snapped it up.

Wonder if its still $9.99 for you lucky USA'ers :)

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

No I believe it is $29.99 through funcom,  I haven't checked steam though

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Ortwig

Thanks for posting -- reflects my experience as well.  Nice to see a post from someone who returned after beta and actually reviewed the game post-launch.  For some reason, many players thought the beta = production release.

No, many players that played beta knew what the game mechanics will be and were not intrested in a rehash of the same ol' crap.  Tried the beta, knew what the game will be, was/am not intrested.  All games improve.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Come back in two-three months when you have completed all the content and see if your still happy to pay a subscription for a game with a fragmented community, horrible elitism, terrible pvp and nothing to do at top level.

TSW is a great game, but it only lasts while the content lasts.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

I don't plan to blow through the game I have school and other obligations I really like the story line and may end up trying for a completionist in this game

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

In, before some people try to ruin your....oh wait....too late.

Never mind. Have fun, thats the only thing that matters.

Hodor!