Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is better for the eyes?

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
When reading text, would it be better for my eyes to see old console style text (black background, white text) or the usual white background and black text? o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• lloydy912lloydy912 Member Posts: 1
    For me I would prefer a black background with white color text.
  • pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    I prefer white on black. Staring at a full screen of white eventually makes my eyes go wonky.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Its all about light.  Black is the absence of light, and white is nothing but light.  So when you have a white backround you are pushing alot of light onto the eyes.  I would say a black background would be better for the eyes.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

For a monitor, pale green on black or white on black in that order. Green instead of white was the preferred color for monochrome monitors for text. A bright white text tended to washout the letters and make them harder to focus on. It's why you'll hear older monochrome monitor users call the monitors green screens instead of white screens.

For hard copy black print on off-white background.  As Cleffy says it's all about the light source. An all white, bright screen will be tiresome. Reflected light off of white paper isn't much of a problem.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Thank you all very much!

Pretty surprised by green tbh o.o  I just finished changing VC++ to be like...dark grey background on light grey! Hopefully my eyes wont hurt as much like....4-5 hours from now o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**