Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone in beta yet?

TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

If anyone on these forums has been in the beta, I'd like an invite if/when you're able to send them. I've been foaming at the mouth to play this game, and would gladly join your clan/guild/army to help with testing before the official launch in December.

Also, is there an NDA in place? If not, please tell us what you think of the game in its current form.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
-Glen Cook

Comments

• AndyMilorAndyMilor Member UncommonPosts: 8

Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

If anyone on these forums has been in the beta, I'd like an invite if/when you're able to send them. I've been foaming at the mouth to play this game, and would gladly join your clan/guild/army to help with testing before the official launch in December.

Also, is there an NDA in place? If not, please tell us what you think of the game in its current form.

aye, there is a NDA in place, so no1 will tell you if he is in the beta, but once again, I'm having a hard time thinking that someone allready got a beta key, caz right now only red5 family and like 10 people from the main forums got acsses to the game, only at the end of this month allot more players will gain acsses :P

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by AndyMilor

aye, there is a NDA in place, so no1 will tell you if he is in the beta, but once again, I'm having a hard time thinking that someone allready got a beta key, caz right now only red5 family and like 10 people from the main forums got acsses to the game, only at the end of this month allot more players will gain acsses :P

Oh... see my impression from the article was that they've already got a solid group of testers in the game.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Oh... see my impression from the article was that they've already got a solid group of testers in the game.

Same here.But anyways...if anyone reads that here and get the chance to "hand out" (spare) a Key, i would say a Big Thx in advance :)

• SteffeBSteffeB Member Posts: 6

Same here, We are a bunch of IRL mates just waiting for someone of us to get a key so we can spread the love =) A spare key would really make our day.

Just thought of something ironic about the NDA's, I'm sure they have already thought if it but.. Usually you are not allowed to share information that you even are in the beta, that kind of conflicts with giving beta keys to people you know, kind of a tell ^^

^_^

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

flying fps ?

play aion you get everything but guns!

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by drbaltazar

flying fps ?

play aion you get everything but guns!

Yes, Aion is fun, but some people prefer to put down their little boots and cape and pick up a real toy.

Well lets just hypotheticlly say that if a person would have gotten said hypothetical beta key and therefor have on to spare. That person could hypotheticlly post, say for arguments sake, a text and a smiley smiley "First rule of Firefall.. ;-)" since I am very interested in said hypothetical subject.

If a person would be the subject of said hypothetical situation, I would, hypotheticaly of course, be very glad if said person would PM me a 'buddy-key'.

^_^

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by SteffeB

Well lets just hypoteticly say that if a person would have gotten said hypotetical beta key and therefor have on to spare. That person could hypoteticly post, say for arguments sake, a text and a smiley smiley "First rule of Firefall.. ;-)" since I am very interested in said hypotetical subject.

If a person would be the subject of said hypotetical situation, I would, hypoteticaly of course, be very glad if said person would PM me a 'buddy-key'.

HYPOTHETICALLY jesus christ

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Originally posted by Sevensodd

Well lets just hypoteticly say that if a person would have gotten said hypotetical beta key and therefor have on to spare. That person could hypoteticly post, say for arguments sake, a text and a smiley smiley "First rule of Firefall.. ;-)" since I am very interested in said hypotetical subject.

If a person would be the subject of said hypotetical situation, I would, hypoteticaly of course, be very glad if said person would PM me a 'buddy-key'.

spoilsport, that was actually quite well written :)

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

From what I'm to understand,  everyone who is selected for beta doesn't receive spare keys up front... they get passed out little by little,  and those keys don't have keys automatically attached to them at this point.

So,  basically,  even if one person were given a key,  and passed it to... say... the OP,  the OP then wouldn't be able to return the favor right away like in the Beta of Gmail - as the devs have expressed their intent to run invites in the same manner.

Look forward to that kind of testing after the initial tests have been well underway for a while.   You would think,  if it was already this way,  just one person with a set of keys would start a long chain of beta keys in a thread in which we could all get one and participate - but that is yet to be the case.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

500 people got in(i'm one of them) and we got one guest pass each, in the form of an email submission form so they couls send someone a key.

the beta was delayed due to technical difficulties so it's starting on the 20th.

^_^ Spellcheck: Done

^_^

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

the download is up now for anyone else who got in.

• Little687Little687 Member Posts: 1

I didn't see anyone mention this but the NDA does allow someone to say that they got into the beta, but pretty much stops there.

• VenomaniaVenomania Member Posts: 40
    This is a long shot but I'd also like to drop my virtual avatar in here. It's a long shot but a long shot is a greater chance at gaining a beta key than no shot at all! FireFall is one game I'm genuinely excited for, so any spare beta key love would be more than appreciated. 
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

Some people hammer punctuation and capitalization, or the lack thereof, as well.

• LastKnight13LastKnight13 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    How far did you have to dig to find this thread because before the guy with the horrible typing, it's 1+ year old, lol.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I am in the beta, and honestly your not missing anything good/worthwhile, its just a generic nothing to do but shoot stuff fpsmmo with a pve focus, Play hellgate london its a better game imo.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by Siveria

I am in the beta, and honestly your not missing anything good/worthwhile, its just a generic nothing to do but shoot stuff fpsmmo with a pve focus, Play hellgate london its a better game imo.

LOL Hellgate london.

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324

So, I got a key here, went to the site, saw that for $20 I could get a 5% permanent bonus to xp and into the beta daily as of now, so I took it.

It's an interesting game, got a lot of problems but it's a beta.  It reminds me of a bastard child of whatever generic zerglingish shooter you want and SWG crafting -- survey, place your harvesters, and bring friends to protect them.  Kind of fun, will ideally be more so when balance issues get figured out.  I wonder if they haven't jacked up the NPCs in anticipation of the beta key incoming folks because right now suddenly (apparently) the daily beta folks are getting pwned by the NPC forces constantly.

Respawns R us..

Still as one might expect the death penalty isn't so bad (a bit of xp and time running back mostly).  There are some nice sandboxy elements in the making.  I had some issues with lag but I was also running fullscreen windowed due to operating without a damn clue as to what I was doing and frequently hitting the forums and wiki for help (which honestly weren't much help yet -- shooter people would rather shoot than write, I suspect...:)

The melees I got into were fun though, but got overwhelming as we got so incredibly outnumbered and locked away from quest areas and such.

Dunno, I think it's worth checking out.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

NDA

The NDA for Firefall has been lifted. Feel free to talk about the game.

I knew i read it anywhere in the beta forums ..

They still work hard for the game and it is growing nicely ^^

Best MMOFPS i played so far ...