Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contemplating Return

So, I use to play DAoC a long, long time ago; I'm talking about back when an expansion wasn't even in sight.

Anyway, at the time I loved the game, except I kind of wanted it to go faster. So sue me, I was a complete MMORPG newbie at the time (and rather immature as well). Hell, if I could find the guild I use to be a member of, I would definitely apologize for regaling them constantly with PW and equipment requests.

But I ramble. So, here are some basic questions that I have not been able to figure out through my own research:

If I were to buy the game, would I need them all or just Darkness Rising?

I'll be joining Hibernia, I love them. What's the best realm for Hibernia (best community, not necessarily strongest). When I played, I was Hibernia on Lancelot. We ruled. We ALWAYS had all the realm icon things... sorry the name slips my mind at the moment.

How goes my old class the Eldritch?

How are the numbers? Are they low, high, medium ranged? Basically, will I be able to feel a sense of community?

That's pretty much it. Anyone who can answer any question at all will be a big help. Quadruple bonus points if you can answer them all (plus a big chocolate chip cookie).

Comments

• Amari_Amari_ Member Posts: 22

You WOULD need to buy all the expansions.

Eldritches' are some of the most nasty things to run into in RvR ::::15::

There is only a small amount of low level players now on all servers except classic. Expect to level solo or duo most of the time, unless you find a guild that will help level you.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Save yourself time and trouble. Look elsewhere.
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Don't mind Brostyn, he's just bitter.

Your best bet would be to just pick up the Epic bundled pack, it includes the entire game, up to and including Darkness Rising. And it only costs $10 or so more than just getting DR.

As for which Server to play Hibernia on I'm sure some of the other players who post here will have an opinion on that. Or you could check out the Camelot Herald for population bonuses, which Servers Hibernia currently controls the Relics on, etc.

Lemme know if you have any other questions. :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Just giving good sound advice. image
  • DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Thank you very much, Amari_ and Kunou.

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

All of the servers have been clustered. They are joined together with other servers. This means that there is usually high amount of people online during prime time.

The Eldritch is needed in the Hib caster groups because of their Nearsight and AE Disease. They also hit very hard ::::18::

Just be ready to do a whole lot of PvE to become competitive in RvR. Try to get into a guild as soon as possible. You're gonna need a lot of friends hehe ::::02::