Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to you think a company should handle this in game cash shop problem

mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

Okay, I dumped $40 on a pre-order and got 4000 station cash.

The game comes out.. I join a server, I create a guild.. we start to play.. Its been about 2 days of play, for me very heavy

The game is Planetside 2... A free 2 play MMOFPS

I decide to rock out my character. I spent 500 station cash on a camo skin for my tank.  That is 5 bucks

I spent 500 station cash on a camo skin for my tune. $5 bucks

I spend 250 Station I think for a heavy armor suit skin $2.50

I spend 250 station cash i think for a weapon skin $2.50

I spent 250 station cash on a gun unlock that was advertised at 50% off

Think i bought something else don't remember, i have 2000 station cash left so I bought $20 worht of stuff after 1 day of play

Was happy, until we noticed the server was acting up.... lots of characters start bleeping and going invisible every second

Servers started to reboot every couple hours, and several pataches come in.. no luck

The server is still not working good... So at this point , the server is a ghosttown... no one is playing

I think 25 people online total playing... and no one logging in..

We decide as a guild, its time to change servers as others have said it has been having problems for a while

So we change servers..

I JUST LOST $20 of stuff...I dont get any unlocks even though I am on same faction, basically we just did a server move...

What should the company do? Nothing? Is this fair? What would you do about this?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    what's the problem you want handled?
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

[mod edit] , I do have to say that SOE should allow anyone to transfer their cahracters INCL all mods and unlocks freely around. 

there were 3 downtimes for woodman (EU) today, asfar im aware all otehr servers had 1 downtime perdion and Miller (eu) had 2.  those downtimes took between 15 and 30 min each. no longer at all.  

you dint loss any mods or unlocks, and any decent guild knows members have paid unlocks so they wont move (coz members simply wont) that you and a/some friends moved is own choice and the server you normaly play on is still around.  if you play on a server thats not youre region..again own faulth not the game company.

so..yea its fair.. to a point, as I said, I belive SOE should allouw free transfer of some sort,  they choosen not to, youre own choise what you spent and were you play.  its just the diference between a company that wants to "greed" money anyway they can and a consumer friendly company. still its the consumer who may be expected to know what he/she buys and the terms of it.  you could ask support for help, but you probaly wont since this is more of a complain post anyway whitout any real compain..just you saying you spent money wrong.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by muffins89

How would you handle it as a company? Allow this to continue? Give refunds, allow server changes? Whats the answer???

The server has become a ghost town...

• Jem02Jem02 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by mikecackle

How would you handle it as a company? Allow this to continue? Give refunds, allow server changes? Whats the answer???

Perhaps you should check to see if your purchases from the cash shop are by server or account, or perhaps you should contact their customer support and ask them. The problem you have will not be resolved by posting on this website.

You may also consider reading the terms and aggrement for the product as it is likely to state how purchases are locked in there.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Jem02

Perhaps you should check to see if your purchases from the cash shop are by server or account, or perhaps you should contact their customer support and ask them. The problem you have will not be resolved by posting on this website.

You may also consider reading the terms and aggrement for the product as it is likely to state how purchases are locked in there.

Hope that helps.

It's known they are a character based system..

So this game basically thinks, you are to spend $100's of dollars on stupid shit over and over.. and if you think about changing characters or servers tough cookies

Problem scenarios to come.

1. Bad server, shit gameplay, population decreases..

YOUR MONEY COMPLETELY LOST

2.Imagine getting kicked out of guild, you find a new guild.. wewps new server

3. Decided you don't like FACTION X, after a few weeks of play or whateever, but you spent money

4. Network change.. You move from Florida to Washington, now you can't play because of bad ping

Please add more here as you see fit, I htink the point is made. This game has serious cash shop issues

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

i guess if i were them i'd keep the cash shop as is.  it's there to make them money afterall.

i guess if i were them i'd keep the cash shop as is.  it's there to make them money afterall.

Good luck with that approach.. ill never spend another dime :D

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Well its FPS in massive scale,think Counter Strike 1 terrorist vs 19 counter-terrorist,doesnt make really sense.

They are just preventing that happening in their game.

But how to fix something which cannot be fixed.

Something like, maybe allow players once flag one of their characters or group of people like guild ,like I or we "want to change server" "reason here"

and SOE places that character or guild  to a server where their faction is losing the most,if SOE can figure that out  somehow.

It miight bring new problems but i cant figure out those right now.

If everybody flags themselves that would be something,so no idea how to fix something that doesnt need a fix.

Edit 2: and ofcourse it costs money,and most likely more than 20$ per character.

Let's internet

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

It's pretty easy, really.

1.) Allow people to transfer a character to another server freely once every few months or so.

2.) If they've already used up their transfer and don't want to wait the remaining time they can pay a flat feet.

As for your problem I would contact SOE/PlanetSide 2 support and tell them your situation. They might have sympathy and give  you back your cash.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Jem02

Hope that helps.

It's known they are a character based system..

So this game basically thinks, you are to spend $100's of dollars on stupid shit over and over.. and if you think about changing characters or servers tough cookies

Problem scenarios to come.

1. Bad server, shit gameplay, population decreases..

2.Imagine getting kicked out of guild, you find a new guild.. wewps new server

3. Decided you don't like FACTION X, after a few weeks of play or whateever, but you spent money

4. Network change.. You move from Florida to Washington, now you can't play because of bad ping

Please add more here as you see fit, I htink the point is made. This game has serious cash shop issues

If I am playing a p2p game and stop paying my 14.99 a month, I can no longer access the game at all...money completely lost.  

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I'm surprised that they would not transfer items with a persons server transfer.  What possible reasons (beside greed) would they not allow that?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I'm surprised that they would not transfer items with a persons server transfer.  What possible reasons (beside greed) would they not allow that?

It's SOE, you answered your own question, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

It's a good short term money grab, but this will hurt em alot in the long term. I dont mind one bit to spend money on games and i often do. But when it is this restrictive i'll rather play the slow f2p progression and quit when i get bored. To me this is like gambling, all or nothing bets and most often the house wins.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
     Well for starters , I would of been patient and keep the cash points aside for a month until everything is settled down.    Now being the Dev , I would of made a feature where you can transfer all bought items onto the next server or some sort of compromise so people don't get pissed off after the first week.   But yea , In end of nations I'm a "founder" and will be receiving cash points when it releases , but I won't rush into it and spend it all , I'll play the game , let Petroglyph sort their stuff out for a month , once everything starts to calm down and run smoothly I'll start wasting the cash points. :)
  • atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

This is what f2p cash shops do.They profit from impatience.

You couldnt wait a week or five to decide on a server and faction then spend your station cash. In fact your server had problems 1 day and people kneejerked and ran to a new server, after spending station cash to gain unlocks faster on the initial server.

The system can be ignored. Im still at around 2:1 kill/death ratio even after terrible experiments in flying and the only unlocks I use I got from certificates I earnt while playing the game. I have plenty of station cash sitting there but with no mankini to show the true extent of my manliness I have felt no need to spend any of it.

Maybe one day, when the initial rush phase has ended and the horde of leech's have moved onto their next shiny new saviour I will find the server, people, and faction combination I enjoy. Maybe by then Mankini's and crotchless gyrocopters will be available for mechanised formation teabaggers to enjoy. Who knows - I can wait.

You cant wait, and the system has profiteered from your impatience. There really is nothing the games company should do about this as it is working as intended. It is still a better f2p system than gambling for upgrades.

• ConsequenceConsequence Member UncommonPosts: 358

Well, I have some questions and comments:

1) what server were you on? I have not seen any dead servers. I am not doubting you as much asking to know. Still I do have my doubts but I also recognize there are other servers I havent seen. Nor have I seen or heard about any server problems, except AU servers. 

2) Another reason I want  to know what server is because if you are talking about a mistake you made, such as joining a server in a low density population area, such as Australia, then I have to point the finger at you.  You chose a low pop server. You  also chose to spend money on that server. But, if you chose a server that is high pop and it died, the nI understand. However, i have heard nothing of that problem on any server. 

3) I think Sony may owe you something, but you need to own up to spending too hasty. Some of this is on you. 

4) What side are you playing on? On some servers the pop imbalance is within the side imbalance. NC populations are very low because of percieved imblanceds. These always change over time. 

5) the guild descision to move does not wiegh in on this situation because they did not force you to spend you $. 

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by atuerstar

This is what f2p cash shops do.They profit from impatience.

You couldnt wait a week or five to decide on a server and faction then spend your station cash. In fact your server had problems 1 day and people kneejerked and ran to a new server, after spending station cash to gain unlocks faster on the initial server.

The system can be ignored. Im still at around 2:1 kill/death ratio even after terrible experiments in flying and the only unlocks I use I got from certificates I earnt while playing the game. I have plenty of station cash sitting there but with no mankini to show the true extent of my manliness I have felt no need to spend any of it.

Maybe one day, when the initial rush phase has ended and the horde of leech's have moved onto their next shiny new saviour I will find the server, people, and faction combination I enjoy. Maybe by then Mankini's and crotchless gyrocopters will be available for mechanised formation teabaggers to enjoy. Who knows - I can wait.

You cant wait, and the system has profiteered from your impatience. There really is nothing the games company should do about this as it is working as intended. It is still a better f2p system than gambling for upgrades.

Yeah, you're right one should hold off on buying stuff right away but you can't pass the blame on OP. Sure, their goal is to make money but they could just as well allow a server transfer like pretty much every other MMO.. and make money in the process. 

Besides, blaming it on impatience is just a straw-man. The reason for that is because whether it be a day or a year down the road the problem would still be here. But to be honest I don't think this is a design plan as it is an oversight. It probably just went over their head and will address it later on because this is a serious flaw.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Could give everyone a token for every 50-100 kills and the tokens could be used for a 24hr-7days unlock of a weapon so you could try it out.

Costs way to many certs to unlock a weapon. I have 450 certs now but even the smallest of weapons is like 1k certs :/ Think they need to cut the prices of weapons in half, double the cert gain, or allow day/week trials.

food for thought, the ALPHA SQUAD camo works for every character every server....

Why is $5 dollar camo's for one character?

You can only have 3 characters total, if it was faction based unlocked, that itself would be ok and tolerable, but this tells me they knew ahead of time and can easily change the camo's in minutes, seems they want to milk it

Just wait guys... the camos now are probably their rejects and every month new ones come out to get more $10 bills out of your pockets.. lol

Sorry free to play is a scam... Proven again and again.

I will stand behind strong, this is not whay you want, let me speak for you...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'd be curious as to how they were advertised.  There must have been a disclaimer somewhere stating that tthey were server specific?
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I'd be curious as to how they were advertised.  There must have been a disclaimer somewhere stating that tthey were server specific?

As typical with any Sony release. no disclaimers or warnings... No links to policies on their sales pages... Who would of thunk a camo unlock is per character?  Especially at these prices...50 cents or 1.00 who cares.. $20 to deck out acharacter in one skin.,.. CWAZY!

I

I just spent 50 cents on a one time camo for my tank...

I do this for training purposes with my crew.. use real money to teach patience...

Not charge and die..

We went out hunting and got quick action and took out a Sunderer. Went to a base, took out  a turret, spotted a camping sunderer inside, took it out and its owner, now fighting with the base infantry, rockets incoming,

ppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhht

ppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhht

ppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhht as they wizz by within meters

as i move back and forth doding the rockets, took no hits and scored about 5 more infantry kills and another turret...

Ran out of ammo, heading back.. Ran into a heavy tank... it was moving in on me and at really close range 50m so i tried to shake him up and plowed into the back of his tank at a angle hoping to jar his aim etc.... Then scooted up a hill.. turned out he was a good tanker, he recovered and put one in me... i got up high eon th ehill nough using the terrain to my advantage knowing his elevation at close range not good. He has to move up too, so he is bouncing around not able to get clearn shots and put a feww just off to the side of me a few times.. I got up and took a sharp right turn.. hit a bridge perfectly that was as wide as my tank.. go thru into my base.. breathed a sigh of relief...

Figured he wouldnt chase into a base.. but that sigh did not last long.. I was inside 2 barricades, but turns out to be a dead end for a tank.... walls prevent me from proceeding.. i turn around to get out.. and here comes the red dragon.. pretty sure he knew i was empty on shells, so he pops in and hits me in the side... i drop to about 30% health and decide there's only one way out... straight over him thru the gate he thinks he's blocking... My gunner is crapping bricks, and yells GTFO!!

He hits me in the front armor and sets me on fire.... i hit the gas and fly straight over the top of him, my gunner bailed from the tank and met his fate... Any old tanker knows, never leave your tin can.... As I fly over the roof he tries to spin but too late, i have good traction, and behind him was a ditch.. i drop down 12-15 feet and scoot down the canal to safety...

I live to fight another round and most importantly I saved my fifty cents.

Or so I thought...

Server shutdown for yet another patch or reboot.. whatever...

Bye bye 50 cents... It was nice knowing you..

Just thought I'd share one more reason why cash shops suck!