Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are 1st/2nd/3rd Age Weapons still relevant in this game?

UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
I absolutely loathed the addition of these random crafted weapons. Are they still around? Is there other weapons that equal the potential of these? I would really like to check out lotro again but highly random systems in MMORPGS ruin the fun for me.

Comments

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

1. Yes they are still around, now with various base levels added.
    Such as:

Lvl 60 First / second / third age
    lvl 61 to 65 third age
    lvl65 second / first age
    lvl 65 to lvl75 third age
    lvl75 second and first age
    lvl75 to lvl85 third age
    lvl 85 second age

lvl85 first age will follow by the instance cluster addon coming early next year or december this year.

2. They are not that random at all anymore. Now you can change for real money their attributes or grind for specific attributes and level them up.

You can get that perfect weapon. Your luck now only determines how much grinding you need to do (or how many turbine points) you have to put in to change what is not fitting.

3. There are no other weapons which equal Legendary Items.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by skydiver12

1. Yes they are still around, now with various base levels added.
    Such as:Lvl 60 First / second / third age
    lvl 61 to 65 third age
    lvl65 second / first age
    lvl 65 to lvl75 third age
    lvl75 second and first age
    lvl75 to lvl85 third age
    lvl 85 second agelvl85 first age will follow by the instance cluster addon coming early next year or december this year.2. They are not that random at all anymore. Now you can change for real money their attributes or grind for specific attributes and level them up.You can get that perfect weapon. Your luck now only determines how much grinding you need to do (or how many turbine points) you have to put in to change what is not fitting.3. There are no other weapons which equal Legendary Items.

Thank you for the reply sky this sounds much better. Im glad you can grind towards specific things you want on your weapons instead of the complete randomness. I guess its time for me to dust the old ring off and see whats changed!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    I absolutely loathed the addition of these random crafted weapons. Are they still around? Is there other weapons that equal the potential of these? I would really like to check out lotro again but highly random systems in MMORPGS ruin the fun for me.

Since LI's were placed in game as a second layer of endgame grind, naturally they're still there. Not that highly random today, and you also can pay for shortening the grind in the store (but hey, "it's only convenience, not advantage" lol. Or not. *cough*Relic removal scroll).

No weapon gets even close to LI's, after you got the first one at the gates of Moria, there's no reason to use a regular weapon anymore. And with Rohan, now you have to level your steed's bridle as well...

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

Since LI's were placed in game as a second layer of endgame grind, naturally they're still there. Not that highly random today, and you also can pay for shortening the grind in the store (but hey, "it's only convenience, not advantage" lol. Or not. *cough*Relic removal scroll).

No weapon gets even close to LI's, after you got the first one at the gates of Moria, there's no reason to use a regular weapon anymore. And with Rohan, now you have to level your steed's bridle as well...

Hah horse bridle needs to be leveled too eh its kind of messed up how you have to level your items.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    There are also Starlight crystals in the store, for $5 a pop, you can add 3 of them to your LI to improve DPS. It works better on 3rd age, so it can close the gap between a 3rd and 1st, though a 1st with 3 will be better than a 3rd with 3.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there