Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROR Worst Expansion Ever

2»

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by avalon1000
    Finally broke down and bought the expac. The war steeds are horrible. Just awful. More legendary crap to have to go after and the controls are the pits. Listen up Turbine...you should have left the controls like they were in the original horses...what were you thinking!? LOTRO still has the best community and I guess I can ignore mounted combat. The game has a bloated feeling in general...everything loads slow as comparfed to Guild Wars 2 and the combat is horrid in comparision to GW2. Trubine, time to start over with Rohan west. Scrap the game and start over with the next expac....trust me you will be better off if you want to have players up to Mordor.

have to disagree..i bought the xpac and i am thoroughly enjoying the mounted combat.controls are easy once you allocate turn rate points etc..i was all over the place to start with,now its just second nature.why your comparing lotro to  gw2 is beyond me..there is 5 yrs difference between games.

what i am suprised with is all the people who stopped loggin in ,in our kin are back..global is back to normal in numbers.it did drop dramatically when gw2 came out but seems that either most have came back or they just purchased the xpac because gw2 costs nothing sub wise..the latter being the logical explanation.

you are correct that lotro has a fantastic community..and i for one will not stop playing this game til they close it down..only mmo i have stuck longer than 2 yrs..i suppose its each to their own.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104
    Finally broke down and bought the expac. The war steeds are horrible. Just awful. More legendary crap to have to go after and the controls are the pits. Listen up Turbine...you should have left the controls like they were in the original horses...what were you thinking!? LOTRO still has the best community and I guess I can ignore mounted combat. The game has a bloated feeling in general...everything loads slow as comparfed to Guild Wars 2 and the combat is horrid in comparision to GW2. Trubine, time to start over with Rohan west. Scrap the game and start over with the next expac....trust me you will be better off if you want to have players up to Mordor.

Why are you finding it hard to control? I belt around at top speed without any problems. Go into Option and Combat Options and turn on Warsteed autostop. The Warsteed will come to halt when you take your finger off the button. Personally I use two mouse buttons for movement and i'm having no problems at all. Mounted combat feels fine, you have to pull the horse around to reengage, but that feels realistic. I'm afraid your failure to grasp the controls doesn't make it a bad expansion. If the old horse controls are better why do I now spend all of my riding time on my Warsteed?

Originally posted by kevjards

what i am suprised with is all the people who stopped loggin in ,in our kin are back..global is back to normal in numbers.it did drop dramatically when gw2 came out but seems that either most have came back or they just purchased the xpac because gw2 costs nothing sub wise..the latter being the logical explanation.

I found the same. A few went off to try GW2 but came back after a couple of weeks.

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
     mmm yep lotro is great game , personaly i prefer gw 2 only for b2p game but lotro have one of best comunity i ever see with very very good ppl, is one of rare game where you dont see ppl calling u idiot noob hater or stuff like that
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I most definitely prefer GW2 (for many reasons). I will give the mounted combat more time (thanks for the all stop tip). The storyline and community in LOTRO are great and I am hoping the combat will be improved over time (some classes are not too bad...some are dismal). I updated my computer with an SSD drive and load screens are somewhat faster (GW2 still way faster). I am a long time player of LOTRO (over four years) and will stick with it.
  • nolins12nolins12 Member Posts: 9

In terms of end-game, this most certainly is the worst expansion....ever.

For casuals, meh, mounted combat is ok, there are lots of boring quests to get you 10 meaningless levels.

Yes land-wise it is larger than Moria, but most of that is just plain boring terrain with no content in it...

Moria had SEVEN 6-man instances plus a raid, not to mention three 3-mans, another 6-man and a multi-boss raid several months afterwards.

It has gone steadily downhill since Moria, Isengard had one lair raid, that was supposed to already be out, at launch.

Rohan has nothing, The "Hytbold" is horrific, honestly the most pathetic excuse for "endgame" in the history of MMOs. You might be saying, "Well at least we will get that instance cluster before the end of the year like they said, right"

Well, maybe. It is already mid-November and we have officially heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about something that is supposed to be out in less than a month.

And if there are any serious raiders left in LOTRO who are still holding out for this Instance Cluster, don't waste your time. I can't say the specifics, but prepare to be TREMENDOUSLY disappointed.

The end-game population in LOTRO should have all left after Isengard, most of them did. Anyone left is just being silly at this point.

With that said, this is still a nice option for casual gamers, especially with it being f2p.

• nolins12nolins12 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by mnwild1998
    Originally posted by nolins12

For casuals, meh, mounted combat is ok, there are lots of boring quests to get you 10 meaningless levels.

Yes land-wise it is larger than Moria, but most of that is just plain boring terrain with no content in it...

Moria had SEVEN 6-man instances plus a raid, not to mention three 3-mans, another 6-man and a multi-boss raid several months afterwards.

It has gone steadily downhill since Moria, Isengard had one lair raid, that was supposed to already be out, at launch.

Rohan has nothing, The "Hytbold" is horrific, honestly the most pathetic excuse for "endgame" in the history of MMOs. You might be saying, "Well at least we will get that instance cluster before the end of the year like they said, right"

Well, maybe. It is already mid-November and we have officially heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about something that is supposed to be out in less than a month.

And if there are any serious raiders left in LOTRO who are still holding out for this Instance Cluster, don't waste your time. I can't say the specifics, but prepare to be TREMENDOUSLY disappointed.

The end-game population in LOTRO should have all left after Isengard, most of them did. Anyone left is just being silly at this point.

With that said, this is still a nice option for casual gamers, especially with it being f2p.

For those who play the game and follow the game we know that instance will be coming.  It was not a surprise all of us who enjoy the game knew this.  Pretty sure nobody is going to take you seriously saying we will be tremendously disappointed.  Thanks for the Tro!! post please move along.  Thank you

I've been playing this game almost every day since 2008, I had lots of great times in LOTRO, but lets not kid ourselves. This game no longer cares about it's raiding community, and thats a widely accepted fact at this point.

Originally posted by mnwild1998

For those who play the game and follow the game we know that instance will be coming.  It was not a surprise all of us who enjoy the game knew this.  Pretty sure nobody is going to take you seriously saying we will be tremendously disappointed.  Thanks for the Tro!! post please move along.  Thank you

I've been playing this game almost every day since 2008, I had lots of great times in LOTRO, but lets not kid ourselves. This game no longer cares about it's raiding community, and thats a widely accepted fact at this point.

Fair enough. To be honest I couldn't care less. The last thing I want to do in any mmo is grind dungeon raids, there are better things to do in LOTRO once you reach max level. I don't understand why anyone who likes raiding is even playing LOTRO. I hope the raiders do leave and Turbine focus on content in the opne game world.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

How the hell can you believe this is the worst expansion ever... What games have the OP played before that has made the standards that high. 

Ive just bought the ROR expansion pack - there is 50% off atm-  and a mmo feels finally fresh...for once this year! 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    After playing a bit more I have to say that the mounted combat is not bad. You have to level the horse up a bit to get some decently controllable horse and even at that it is still not quite right. I don't really care about RAIDs or dunsgeons, but would love to see the elite and elite master shard droppers we had in Moria and before. I like the mounted combat on my hunter...not so much on my captain or burg. Overall though...a good expac and I would recommend it.