Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what do the stars mean on your name?

stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
I figure this would be the right forum to ask... do people get to vote on your stars or what? I've seen people with 2000 posts with 1 star and others with 30 posts with 3 stars. What does it mean?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    It's in the FAQ
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Maybe the more stars you have the less of a life you have. :)

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by Grunty
    It's in the FAQ

I see now. For the others that ventured into this thread and are curious:

These stars and the title above it are the users "Rank" at MMORPG.COM.  Your rank is based on 100 point scale as follows:

1-19 Novice Member
    20-39 Apprentice Member
    40-59 Advanced Member
    60-79 Hard Core Member
    80-100 Elite Member

How do you calculate my rank?

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST.  They are only based on the last 30 days of data.  We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

• How many days you visited the site (and logged in).  This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    • How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    • The quality of your posts.  If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    • Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total).  To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.

The curious would have read the FAQ first

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

lazy people like me dont even know where the faq is ? and you are more lazy than me not give a link to faqs 

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Mine hasnt changed since 2009 lol. Feature is broken.

For others though just spam as much as u an in a month and it goes up. Most of the super posters just spam off topic and in the spam section anyway. The Stars are useless. It won't get you a hot girlfriend.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Originally posted by lotaparty

lazy people like me dont even know where the faq is ? and you are more lazy than me not give a link to faqs 

The link is on every single page of this website. The curious would have easily found it. The lazy? No.