Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ha Ha Ha Ha

ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

I LOVE to see all this old / new gamesccoming crawling back up the hole, and realising that DAOC did it / and have always done it right.

Three-Faction PVP a la DAOC

And now, after many, many games have lost their stupidity, are you trying now to copy DAOC.

Why would the developers never listen and learn, they have been told milion of times, do as DOAC did it, just better?

Looking forward so much to see what the future holds - Go DAOC and Thanks for everything.

Comments

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161

i agree

let`s hope they get it right in one of the next games :P

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Hopefully they don't copy the game in it's current state.

Those rose colored glasses do some funny tricks.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Having 3 sides is a great solution to the problem of population imbalance. In 2 sided games one side usually gains an advantage and the other never recovers and the server rapidly dies as the losing side just stops PvPing. In a 3 sided game, the 2 losing sides can team up and together take down the overpopulated realm. But there were a number of other factors that made DAOC PvP great for a long time other than merely having 3 sides (relics, realm abilities and titles, and no PvP gear or dailies that encourage fight avoidance). You could add a 3rd side to SWTOR, for instance, and its open world PvP would still be terrible.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ShadowedMareShadowedMare Member Posts: 30
    Three realms definitely sounds like the way to go, it's all too common to see completely unbalanced PvP due to realm favoritism. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.

• UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Hahaha, even  though this game is but a distant memory to me, I am seriously thinking to come back and put my Midguard healer boot up your ass to see if it fits.