Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The requirement of the PC to run this..

fafnir123fafnir123 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Hi guys..

I would like to ask about the requirement to run this game...

I know there's the systemrequirementlab and even some of the requirement already pasted around here somewhere but those who play the game and experience it themselves must know better than some speculation...

 

Here is my rig..

AMD X2 Dualcore 2.8 Ghz 5200

4gb DDR2 RAM

ATI 5670

and jsut enough space to install the game...

how laggy will my performance is?i don;t mind playing lowest quality at all i just want pretty smooth gameplay

Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

  • teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    It will be laggy. 
  • DarklexicDarklexic Member UncommonPosts: 6

    Very laggy, the game is having some performance issues in the last week or so since the Lost shores event.

    I cant get more than 25-30 fps with my HD7850 on medium-low settings lately

  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    It won't be comfortable (smooth) imho.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    The processor is definitely too slow to run GW2 confortably in my opinion.

    If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

    image

  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Unfortunately GW2 requires ~1000€ computer which was bought within a year or 2. Anything else and FPS gets so low that you feel like throwing your monitor out of window.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by fafnir123

    Hi guys..

    I would like to ask about the requirement to run this game...

    I know there's the systemrequirementlab and even some of the requirement already pasted around here somewhere but those who play the game and experience it themselves must know better than some speculation...

     

    Here is my rig..

    AMD X2 Dualcore 2.8 Ghz 5200

    4gb DDR2 RAM

    ATI 5670

    and jsut enough space to install the game...

    how laggy will my performance is?i don;t mind playing lowest quality at all i just want pretty smooth gameplay

    Thanks for the help in advance

    I'm really curious as to what you mean by the highlighted line.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

    I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Unfortunately GW2 requires ~1000€ computer which was bought within a year or 2. Anything else and FPS gets so low that you feel like throwing your monitor out of window.

    Misinformation - my CPU (Phenom II X4 940) was released in 2009, I still have DDR2 memory, and the game runs fine on it.

    If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

    image

  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by fafnir123

    Hi guys..

    I would like to ask about the requirement to run this game...

    I know there's the systemrequirementlab and even some of the requirement already pasted around here somewhere but those who play the game and experience it themselves must know better than some speculation...

     

    Here is my rig..

    AMD X2 Dualcore 2.8 Ghz 5200

    4gb DDR2 RAM

    ATI 5670

    and jsut enough space to install the game...

    how laggy will my performance is?i don;t mind playing lowest quality at all i just want pretty smooth gameplay

    Thanks for the help in advance

    I'm really curious as to what you mean by the highlighted line.

    How hard can it be to understand that part? He probably has ~18GB free space in his hard drive and GW2 eats 15GBs.

  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Unfortunately GW2 requires ~1000€ computer which was bought within a year or 2. Anything else and FPS gets so low that you feel like throwing your monitor out of window.

    Misinformation - my CPU (Phenom II X4 940) was released in 2009, I still have DDR2 memory, and the game runs fine on it.

    I was wrong if it really runs at 60FPS 90% of the time with your PC, but I bet that it's running at 30-40FPS.

  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by fafnir123

    Hi guys..

    I would like to ask about the requirement to run this game...

    I know there's the systemrequirementlab and even some of the requirement already pasted around here somewhere but those who play the game and experience it themselves must know better than some speculation...

     

    Here is my rig..

    AMD X2 Dualcore 2.8 Ghz 5200

    4gb DDR2 RAM

    ATI 5670

    and jsut enough space to install the game...

    how laggy will my performance is?i don;t mind playing lowest quality at all i just want pretty smooth gameplay

    Thanks for the help in advance

    I'm really curious as to what you mean by the highlighted line.

    How hard can it be to understand that part? He probably has ~18GB free space in his hard drive and GW2 eats 15GBs.

    Do you think that is ok?

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

    I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

  • nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Masa1
    Unfortunately GW2 requires ~1000€ computer which was bought within a year or 2. Anything else and FPS gets so low that you feel like throwing your monitor out of window.

    Misinformation - my CPU (Phenom II X4 940) was released in 2009, I still have DDR2 memory, and the game runs fine on it.

    I was wrong if it really runs at 60FPS 90% of the time with your PC, but I bet that it's running at 30-40FPS.

     

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67ghz nvidia gtx260. Only issues are during large WvWvW.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's requirements on the box are actually higher than what you can get away with. They are very conservative requirements, if your just out you should be able to play.

    I have a decidedly mid range pc - fx4, 6850, 8gb ddr. I can run gw2 full whack at 1080p at a steady 50+ fps.

    The engine is excellent, possibly the best in a mmo yet. I have other issues with the game, like lack of competition, easyness of solo play and the weird progression curve but its engine is extremely good.
  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    gtx 460, everything maxed ull see 25-50 fps, 25 fps in crowded areas. though im runing a fx 6100 3.8ghz, 8 gigs ddr3 1333mghz ram amd a 250gb and 2tb hdd, (cards geting changed next month to a gtx 660 superclocked, i should see roughly 80-100 fps then) XD
  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's requirements on the box are actually higher than what you can get away with. They are very conservative requirements, if your just out you should be able to play.

    I have a decidedly mid range pc - fx4, 6850, 8gb ddr. I can run gw2 full whack at 1080p at a steady 50+ fps.

    The engine is excellent, possibly the best in a mmo yet. I have other issues with the game, like lack of competition, easyness of solo play and the weird progression curve but its engine is extremely good.

    How can engine be good if it requires so much from processor and almost nothing from graphics card? The graphics aren't that great anyway, even with 2560x resolution and max settings.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It doesn't i have a fairly crap processor an fx4. (its slower than the earlier phenom 2s)
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Masa1
     

    why are you here? To share your GW2 opinion, or to actually help the person with his question? If you just want to share your negativity about the game, then it's probably better suited to a thread where someone isn't asking for computer help.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

    I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

  • Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by Masa1
     

    why are you here? To share your GW2 opinion, or to actually help the person with his question? If you just want to share your negativity about the game, then it's probably better suited to a thread where someone isn't asking for computer help.

    I helped him by saying that not to bother to get the game unless his willing to throw 1000€ for a brand new PC. His hard drive space doesn't matter, since he has to replace each and every part of his PC.

     

    There's also an alternative: better games which have better graphics and his PC can run them with better FPS.

     

    [mod edit]

     

    Seems like fanboys here are somekind of group in need of protection (similar to women, black people) since mod cleans any part where they are criticized. I could understand "off-topic" reason, but not trolling.

  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I'd say a Quad i5 for solid performance. Dual core imo will be under-par a bit. (That is what I see on my systems)
Sign In or Register to comment.