Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Wurm Online interests you, read to find out more.

faeranfaeran Member Posts: 13

Wurm Online must interest you in some way if you are here reading this post. I for one am a big advocate of the game, as it appeals to my nostalgic and immersive gameplay style. I like to feel as though I'm living in a virtual online world, and Wurm Online provides me with the tools necessary to feel like you can shape the land and play in their sandbox the way you choose.

The game is not for everyone. It is a niche title, that appeals to a particular type of player, but if you are interested in the title already and want to find out whether it's right for you, I recently released an article about this specific topic, as well as a video series about the game at the website serversaredown.com.

So for all interested parties, you can view the content at:

http://www.serversaredown.com

If you do end up playing the game, and you join the Deliverance Server, send me an in-game PM to Faeran and I can answer any questions you have, as well as provide you with some newbie tools and weapons.

See you in Wurm,

Faeran

Comments

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I love this game and thoroughly enjoyed the calm and kicked back style of your videos, great job... very relaxing, just like Wurm is to me. I'm fairly new to the game and am on Deliverence as well. I dabbled with the game abit ago but never got far as I was involved in other mmo's at the time and Wurm really does does suck me in and I simply could not give it enough time back then. So now I am back and will be playing it exclusively.

With the recent tease of upcoming features, I am really stoked. The game could stay as is and I would be very happy playing it, as it really fits my style. The latest round of mopdels and animations have really added tot he ambiance for me. The upcoming stuff like sitting ojn horses and visible armor are just icing if and when they get here.

Wurm is more than a game for me, it's a world... and it's exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks again for the videos and srticles, great site and you guys realy reflect the atmosphere of Wurm. The slower pace and the deep atmosphere really come through perfectly inyour vids.

Hopefully we cross paths someday on Deli :)

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Let me know when this game no longer forces you to use First Person View, the game mechanics and ideas are great, but FP view just does not work for me.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• faeranfaeran Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Kalafax
    Let me know when this game no longer forces you to use First Person View, the game mechanics and ideas are great, but FP view just does not work for me.

It's definitely an exclusive first person view game, but I can see where you are coming from as most of the time I can't stand the view either. However, somehow it worked for me in Wurm, and I think it's because the game they built lends itself well to this particular view point. It makes you feel small when exploring the vast forests and untamed lands.

Sometimes a view point is hard to get past, but if you eventually do, then you'll find a game that offers a lot of depth in a sandbox style environment.

• faeranfaeran Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I love this game and thoroughly enjoyed the calm and kicked back style of your videos, great job... very relaxing, just like Wurm is to me. I'm fairly new to the game and am on Deliverence as well. I dabbled with the game abit ago but never got far as I was involved in other mmo's at the time and Wurm really does does suck me in and I simply could not give it enough time back then. So now I am back and will be playing it exclusively.

With the recent tease of upcoming features, I am really stoked. The game could stay as is and I would be very happy playing it, as it really fits my style. The latest round of mopdels and animations have really added tot he ambiance for me. The upcoming stuff like sitting ojn horses and visible armor are just icing if and when they get here.

Wurm is more than a game for me, it's a world... and it's exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks again for the videos and srticles, great site and you guys realy reflect the atmosphere of Wurm. The slower pace and the deep atmosphere really come through perfectly inyour vids.

Hopefully we cross paths someday on Deli :)

Thanks Mithrandolir. We spend a lot of time at Puzzle Plaza, so if you are ever around there, look us up :)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by faeran

Thanks Mithrandolir. We spend a lot of time at Puzzle Plaza, so if you are ever around there, look us up :)

Many thanks, sir. I am currently hanging around Miya, a little south of Green Dog, learning the ropes and exploring my options. I am loving being completely lost :)

I'm hoping to get settled in with Miya soon and then head out on some day trips (or week trips, or year trips :) ) and Puzzle Plaza is on the top of my list of places to see!

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Originally posted by faeran

... So for all interested parties, you can view the content at:

http://www.serversaredown.com

If you do end up playing the game, and you join the Deliverance Server, send me an in-game PM to Faeran and I can answer any questions you have, as well as provide you with some newbie tools and weapons.

See you in Wurm,

Faeran

Nicely done site, gratulation. I'm playing Wurm as well, but on the Epic (PvP-enabled) cluster.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

I did enjoy this game but unfortunately (for me) I didnt have enough free time to invest in it, and to be fair, it requires serious time investment. If they had sped things up alittle bit i would probably still be playing.

If like me you just dont have the time, try Salem, is similiar in terms of game mechanics but doesnt require full time investment.