Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never saw so many players in any mmo!

zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
It is huge and amazing, tanks are rolling,  aircrafts are bombarding, troopers shooting from all sides. I never saw so many players fighting in one place, even in wow you can't find  so huge crowds. I was never really a fan of mmofps but this game is some nice mixture of everything. And what is most important people do play and don't stay around like in mmorpg's. Definitely game of the year.

Comments

• YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51
    In WoW before Cata you could.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by zomard100
    It is huge and amazing, tanks are rolling,  aircrafts are bombarding, troopers shooting from all sides. I never saw so many players fighting in one place, even in wow you can't find  so huge crowds. I was never really a fan of mmofps but this game is some nice mixture of everything. And what is most important people do play and don't stay around like in mmorpg's. Definitely game of the year.

That's because ever since WoW, MMOs have been focusing on smaller and smaller scale...just about everything. WoW is jammed with instances and none of the game mechanics even allow this many people to gather. Most modern MMOs even instance their zones. AoC doesn't let more than 30 people in each zone.

This is why I nearly choke when people claim PS2 isn't an MMO. It's more an MMO than the last 8 years of WoW clones.

And no, WoW cata never got anywhere close to this many people.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Im all tramping around GW2 right now, but I'm kind of looking forward to trying PS2 having never played the first one.  All I expect is a large scale FPS and large conflicts over bases but that's okay.  I still look forward to it. 

Yet unlike many folks, I always wait a few months before getting an mmorpg.  I like those launch bugs and issues worked out (hopefully anyways).  So I'll probably dive into it some after GW2 begins to get a little stale on me. 

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by Yaoiman
    In WoW before Cata you could.

Having played WoW, and been there for events like killing the alliance/horde leaders, and for the opening of AQ gates, I can honestly say, no, in WoW before cata you could not.

Get roughly 500 players in the same place and the server would throw a fit, abilities would not work, players could not move for the lag, and the server would eventually crash.

Getting 200 or so players fighting over Tarren Mill was borderline at best.

It really does not compare at all, to the amount of players that can be present, and still able to play normally,  in one place, in PS2.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• AbyssaldreamAbyssaldream Member Posts: 4

No real reason to wait to try it, it's completely free to try and play, although I'm finding it really easy to justify some of the micro transactions I've made. Just download and hop in. Beta tested it, and launch overall has been fairly smooth, queue issues notwithstanding at times (and the queue crash bug was a bit annoying) but overall, they've done a good job on creating an atmosphere that feels extremely large scale. 

There's nothing better than having a mass firefight in a tech base that lasts a good 45 minutes of give and take between two factions..hell even three sometimes. Going cover to cover peeking out and popping some rounds off. Definitely recommend this to anyone that enjoys MMO's and specifically shooters and MMO's both. Tight shooter with MMO persistence. 

That being said, at points and times with a middle of the road computer at this point (built it 5 years ago) with medium settings my fps drops enough to affect my gameplay in base battles. Have dropped the setting to low and still looks nearly as good and performance is much better. 

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Welcome to the true definition of what MMO stands for, PS2 eats everything else calling itself an MMO.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

yes I love how massive this game is. 

It is sad how many recent mmos seem to be more made like single player games. 

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

It's pretty impressive, expecially all the battles across the continents.

I find myself logging in and out regularly and only can take the game is doses because I start to twitch after intense combat image

I did throw $14.99 to PS2, I find it enjoyable, I hope it last.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    the only thing i dont like from PS2 is the FPS perspective. If it was Third Person Shooter like Global Agenda i would love this game til death. GA was an incomplete game but the nice TPS perspective was what made me play it. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    It is a great MMOFPS.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've seen as many players around before, in eve, planetside 1 and daoc.

But yes it is awesome. I've ditched gw2 now, WvW was fun,but this is a whole another level.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

I've seen as many players around before, in eve, planetside 1 and daoc.

But yes it is awesome. I've ditched gw2 now, WvW was fun,but this is a whole another level.

This is what true PvP is like not that WvWvW you get in GW2, ArenaNet did WvWvW all wrong and so it really is pointless.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by zomard100

Maybe you didnt know about such games and didnt play it ? ww2online/Battleground Europe was quiete massive with combined arms a couple of years ago with..tank columns with 50+ tanks, air squadrons and lots of people on the ground. And actually with a good game mechanic with a goal you fight for a purpose, not just running in circles from base to base like in PS....but its alright .

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    So is this game like Battlefield 1942/3?   Where you just have massive amounts of people fighting each other?  Or does it have PVE qualities?  Just curious.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    So is this game like Battlefield 1942/3?   Where you just have massive amounts of people fighting each other?  Or does it have PVE qualities?  Just curious.

No PVE at all. Its all about taking control points and holding them. 100% pvp.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Yeh the only "player versus environment" part you will find in the game is rolling your tank off of a cliff or crashing your reaver into the side of the mountain.  Though you do level up if you like that sort of thing.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor