Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick, Sony Online Entertainment!!!!

Offer Disney $50 for SWG!!!

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Yanshee

i don't know what your smoking but pretty sure Disney was the guy who did the mickey mouse thing, on the other hand, George Lucas, of Lucas Arts, owns Starwars and the various licencing options... image

• YansheeYanshee Member Posts: 55

>>i don't know what your smoking but pretty sure Disney was the guy who did the mickey mouse thing, on the other hand, 

>>George Lucas, of Lucas Arts, owns Starwars and the various licencing options... image

Oh man.. wrong answer but thank you for playing...  :-O

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-creator/

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Phry

i don't know what your smoking but pretty sure Disney was the guy who did the mickey mouse thing, on the other hand, George Lucas, of Lucas Arts, owns Starwars and the various licencing options... image

Yea, he is referencing the fact that Disney just bought Lucasarts and they are talking about making a episode 7 movie.

• there have to be some hungry companies out there that are plotting on a sub deal for this.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by shaddy33

Yea, he is referencing the fact that Disney just bought Lucasarts and they are talking about making a episode 7 movie.

Great thats all we need, we get rid of jar jar binks and now we have donald duck reprising the role of darth maul or something... image

• YansheeYanshee Member Posts: 55

Great thats all we need, we get rid of jar jar binks and now we have donald duck reprising the role of darth maul or something... image

Damn... Dr Pepper on the screen again....roflmao...

• n00bizn00biz Member Posts: 5

Yep, because that makes perfect sense... /facepalm

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Disney doesn't exactly have a great track record of making any good movies, much less games, since 10 or 15 years ago.  I wouldn't get your hopes up for this to mean anything positive unless you are a real big fan of the Clone Wars stuff, which I can see them putting more focus on.

You make me like charity

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

More like raccoons with lightsabersimage

Still, pretty excited about episode 7. Even if it's a Bad SW movie - it is still >>> no SW movies.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• FreeJack2000FreeJack2000 Member Posts: 28

Im guessing some of you folks have never been to Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.  Disney actually does a great job. Im guessing there is someone high up thats a huge Star Wars Fans. As far as Donald Duck id concerned. He actually looks pretty cool as Darth Duck..       

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sww118932LARGE.jpg

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I don't get all the hate on Disney picking up the SW ip. They have the Marvel ip and are doing pretty damn well with it. Avengers was a cool movie; Captain America; Iron Man. It might actually free up the IP to have some good stuff come out of it, instead of Daddy-George's bat-shit crazy stuff.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I thought John Carter was a half decent film.. very much in the style of Star Wars. That was by Disney. They 'could' do an OK job of episode 7.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Disney doesn't exactly have a great track record of making any good movies, much less games, since 10 or 15 years ago.  I wouldn't get your hopes up for this to mean anything positive unless you are a real big fan of the Clone Wars stuff, which I can see them putting more focus on.

I agree that Disney have a bad track record with IP's they have bought. But on the other hand they are the kings of company aquisitions, with Pixar and Marvel being the prime examples.

Disney only got the Star Wars IP by proxy. What they bought was Lucasfilm, the full company.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

We need to send a petition to Disney immediately!!

I want SWG 2 !

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I'd be very interested in another SWG, as I never got the chance to play the 1st one. One semi-serious question though, What disney chr would be the best yoda?
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    All I want Disney to do is release Ep 4-6 on blu ray and remove all the terrible changes Lucas made to them over the years. Han shot first damn it!
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Vannor
    I thought John Carter was a half decent film.. very much in the style of Star Wars. That was by Disney. They 'could' do an OK job of episode 7.

Well, it was slightly better than the SyFy version that came out the same time. But that's not saying much, really.

John Carter was head-and-shoulders above that Traci Lords tripe.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Xzen
    All I want Disney to do is release Ep 4-6 on blu ray and remove all the terrible changes Lucas made to them over the years. Han shot first damn it!

There will probably a re-re-release of ep 4-6.

all nasty shots with violence and blood erased (burned uncle and aunt in 4. the yeti scene in 5, Leia slave outfit will be changed to a burka in ep 6), and the end scene in ep 6 will be extended to 45 mins of conga line dancing ewoks and singing  lead characters.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

What will be really interesting to see, is what happens when big Sony goes under, and things might be going that way... they lose $ billions each year and their coporate bond rating was just cut to "junk" level.

And probably that is not even enough for Smed to get canned.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Burntvet

What will be really interesting to see, is what happens when big Sony goes under, and things might be going that way... they lose $ billions each year and their coporate bond rating was just cut to "junk" level.

If sony goes under their assets get sold off.  SoE would be reasonably valuable because of the EQ IP.  In fact, since its value is probably greater than the money it takes in if things to get desperate expect SoE to be sold off sooner rather than later.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Burntvet

If sony goes under their assets get sold off.  SoE would be reasonably valuable because of the EQ IP.  In fact, since its value is probably greater than the money it takes in if things to get desperate expect SoE to be sold off sooner rather than later.

Normally that is what happens, but in this case it might not be so.

SOE is not or was not a normal corporate subsidiary according to some bits, over the years, but is something like a franchised or associated studio: that when Smed brought Veriant under the Sony umbrella, he exchanged some "equity" for the Sony name and marketing help, plus access to financing. That said, Smed likely still owns a good amount of Veriant equity( and thus a primary reason why Smed has kept his job all these years), and thus, should Sony go under, SOE may get spun off into an indepentent company again.

So we won't really know until Sony goes under (possible) or is bought out (more likely).

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Imagine the rumours if Disney bought Sony too :D

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by Obraik
    Imagine the rumours if Disney bought Sony too :D

In parity with you posting Pre-CU FTW.... :)

The end is near.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I imagine there will someday be another MMO based on post EP6 material. I imagine it will be themparkish, with perhaps a little sandbox love....

speaking of themeparks, I hope we get a themepark addition at Disneyland xD, kinda like Cars Land, we get Star Wars Worlds. That's a themepark I would by into...image

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter