Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project GODUS - Multiplayer Populous redux by Peter Molyneux (kickstarter)

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Kickstarter: Project GODUS

Godus_Molyneux_Kickstarter

GODUS blends the power, growth and scope of Populous with the detailed construction and multiplayer excitement of Dungeon Keeper and the intuitive interface and technical innovation of Black & White. The original Populous hailed from the 8-bit era but GODUS will use the most modern technology the world has to offer. 

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I don't get it he's probably making buckets of cash with that stupid cube thing he released but he rather pocket that cash and make fans pay for a game he could fund himself?  Remember when true indies used kickstarter?
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

The king of hype strikes again.

He hypes up his games so much and when you finally play them they arn't not even close to what Peter sead.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

No way, i like PowerMonger more and what next, Blizzards Titan as Kickstarter project?

Let's internet

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Oh god.. Another kickstarter game? Nty
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

450k pounds.... without a game play video of any sort just concept art... ya..... fk that. i have pop 1/2 on floppy in my house some where if i want to play that, BnW i hated with a passion why the hell would i want to play this over those? 

plus the concept looks like vortex/cubes..... SO WHY ask for so much cash?? fking retarded kickstart camp

protip if you want to kickstart something provide actual video proof that the idea works or can work.. dont just give me pretty pictures >>" thats like buying a car on craigs list with the picture of it being from a dealership rag....

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

He mentioned more info next week, after thanksgiving. Agree pitch is very very thin.

Gotta say, Epoch1 for Molyneux was beyond amazing, Epoch 2 was average, Epoch 3 was piss poor (& verbiage) and I'm hoping he's now onto Epoch 4 which might might be a return to Epoch 1... which would be awesome, but I like that Kickstarter is shedding light on different genres underserved by big publishers. 

For all his more recent faults, still has an amazing track record and back in creative mode at a small indie company (he partly funded to set up and avoid a pub.) it would be cool to see multiplayer populous.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by expresso
    I don't get it he's probably making buckets of cash with that stupid cube thing he released but he rather pocket that cash and make fans pay for a game he could fund himself?  Remember when true indies used kickstarter?

robertspaceindustries made millions of bucks!

so molineux thought "hey i can do that too"..

sorry dude, your last games just failed (fable series).

doubt you'll get the same ammount of attention as other legends.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    More interested in MAIA