Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Online is all about PVP'ing 1 year later after you start

BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

Eve Online is designed in a way where you can only PVP 6 months to 1 year after you first start playing. They designed the game in a way where you don't even have to play and just auto creates your character over time. Isn't that brilliant? You can just stay logged out for 6 months to a year paying your monthly fee then hoping you don't get hit by a bus and die you can log in 1 year later to actually start playing the game.

Bp

Comments

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Can someone point us to that article where that 4-day old noob is a successful pirate. Also point us out to all those people who started combat day 1, joined a 0.0 corp and become a competitive PvPer within 2-3 months. While we're at it lets point out all those people who play the economic side of the game.

Now that that's done everyone point out the guy who thinks he knows everything.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

after having read the first sentence. I can conclusively say this person has never played EVE. There is a story somewhere on the forums of some guy pirating with a trial account and making tens of millions by PvPing within 2 weeks. From my own experience all you need is a fast ship and a scrambler to be an invaluable asset to group pvp as a tackler. All those "OMG JOO CAN NEVVER CATCH UP!" threads are bull. I was PvPing with my corpmates within the first month.

Make of it what you will.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Some simpletons simply dont get that in EvE one has to think outside the box. This isnt WoW where the devs hold your hand from start to finish.

In Eve there is no finish. If you dont have the brains think outside the box then eve isnt the game for you. Spare yourself the frustration and go play World of Warcraft or Everquest 2.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Join a corp...I joined a corp with people very willing to help you in beginning...I was piloting a cruiser in ten days after i was taught where the most profitable traderoutes and missions are and helped the corp miners in hauling

• LeasaLeasa Member Posts: 449

Originally posted by pirrg

Some simpletons simply dont get that in EvE one has to think outside the box. This isnt WoW where the devs hold your hand from start to finish.
    In Eve there is no finish. If you dont have the brains think outside the box then eve isnt the game for you. Spare yourself the frustration and go play World of Warcraft or Everquest 2.

Well pirrg I see you still never miss a chace to bash a game.  When you play EQII at least get off the newbie island before you judge a game. 

Oh and by the way I am not a fan of EQII. I tried it got up to a 27 Templar and decided if was not for me.  But at least I gave it a chance.

Also Eve is a fantastic game, but not for everyone. 

Support Bacteria, its the only culture some people have.

• pittbull1pittbull1 Member Posts: 108

The worst thing ppl say to noobs is to train those learning skills first imo. ppl should train some of the skills they need for pvp long before they train those learning skill.

learning skills are great later on when u start training lev 5 skills and such but before that ppl should tell the noobs to train skills they need most for pvp..
    that guy that was a pirate in his 14 day trial sure as hell didnt train learing skills::::27::

If pitbulls could lock their jaw the first pitbull would still be hanging on

• FrozenFrozen Member Posts: 14

Pittbull I totaly agree. But use the advice to train so that you can make it without training for a month before you train your learnings. :) (Everyone don't want to PvP.)

Hehe.. I would really like to see the lvl 10 OMFG Rouge in WoW that go up against a lvl 20 fungusfarmer and accually do anykind of damage. image (note: I'm not saying that it's impossible but....)

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by pittbull1
    The worst thing ppl say to noobs is to train those learning skills first imo. ppl should train some of the skills they need ...... before they train those learning skill.

Quoted for truth

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Leasa
    Some simpletons simply dont get that in EvE one has to think outside the box. This isnt WoW where the devs hold your hand from start to finish.
    In Eve there is no finish. If you dont have the brains think outside the box then eve isnt the game for you. Spare yourself the frustration and go play World of Warcraft or Everquest 2.

Well pirrg I see you still never miss a chace to bash a game. When you play EQII at least get off the newbie island before you judge a game.
    Oh and by the way I am not a fan of EQII. I tried it got up to a 27 Templar and decided if was not for me. But at least I gave it a chance.

Ladied and gentlemen, i present to you aformentioned simpleton.

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Leasa

Well pirrg I see you still never miss a chace to bash a game.  When you play EQII at least get off the newbie island before you judge a game. 

Oh and by the way I am not a fan of EQII. I tried it got up to a 27 Templar and decided if was not for me.  But at least I gave it a chance.

what was the ponit of making a post like this were not even talking about EQ2
  • gozetec02gozetec02 Member Posts: 3

I have been playing eve for about 8 months and have been in many fleet battles involving as many as 60-80 players at one gate having a gankfest.  First of all you can't just train a skill and log off otherwise you would train a 30 minute skill log out and nothing else will happen CCP ensures that a player must log on to at least change skills and NO THERE IS NOT A CUE and CCP has done this for a reason.  Another valid point that I must make is that if you are logged off for a long period of time even if you were training one of the longer 30 day skills you will still lack the PVP and PVE experience and that counts for nearly 70% of your battlefield effectiveness.  The corp I belong to recruits noobs sometimes and to be honest they make some of the best PVP'rs in the long run because from the start they know how to fit a ship how to fight in groups and what skills to train and in what order.  We have taken on alliances and won because of the quality and loyalty of our members and that goes a long way.

Eve is a great game and why someone would suggest leting it be idle for 6 months is beyond me.  Thats like buying a Porsche and just putting it in the garage for 6 months.  Anyway just my humbled opinion.image

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

I just posted in another topic about this pvp thing.  I'm going into pvp for the first time tonight or tomorrow, and I've been playing for ummm 4 weeks.  Like hell I'd wait 6 months to blow someone up or at least try.  That's just crazy talk.  I've seen people with 1-10 mil skill points get taken out by someone with about 500k skill points, just because the newer player knew what the heck he was doing.  It's all about the experience, and the benjamins(isk). 

Anyway, if you think this game wants you to wait 6 months to a year to pvp, you really need to talk to some people that actually pvp.  I'm betting they'll tell you otherwise.image

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• gozetec02gozetec02 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by checkthis500

Anyway, if you think this game wants you to wait 6 months to a year to pvp, you really need to talk to some people that actually pvp.  I'm betting they'll tell you otherwise.image

Indeed checkthis500, waiting 6 months to play the best MMORPG in the world would be torture.image

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

I want to 'get into' Eve Online i've tried the trial awhile ago but its so bloody annoying! it goes into so much detail as soon as you log in. Does anyone know an un-official guide for 'newbies' thats explains everything??::::16::

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Go to www.eve-online.com (the official website) and they have a player guide on there that explains everything the tutorial goes over and more.  By the way this is the only official website that I've ever used.  The others are just crap advertising the game, and are never updated.  EQ2's website looks exactly the same. lol

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• BloodgoodBloodgood Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by minocin
    I want to 'get into' Eve Online i've tried the trial awhile ago but its so bloody annoying! it goes into so much detail as soon as you log in. Does anyone know an un-official guide for 'newbies' thats explains everything??::::16::

check out the eve-online homepage.. i think there is some kind of quick guide there. DOnt know exactly where tho :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famous people speak out:

”Im for the death penalty. If you commit a terrible crime you should have a harsh punishment...So you learn until next time.”
    -Britney Spears