Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger, name change?

13»

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by emota

Hi guys,

Greed Monger looks like a game that has plenty of potential. However your products name is terrible. Im sure you could provide something better.

It would appear you have some really nice game features, may i suggest you apply a title to your product that captures this. Greed monger really does not inspire much and it does not reveal much about your game. Infact it suggests a single player experience.

Please take this as Positive feedback

I know you said you were smart and all......

but you realize none of us are developers of this game who can affect change.

I'd try their forums.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

This thread is proof that the name is solid.

Great marketing FTW.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by emota

Hi guys,

Greed Monger looks like a game that has plenty of potential. However your products name is terrible. Im sure you could provide something better.

It would appear you have some really nice game features, may i suggest you apply a title to your product that captures this. Greed monger really does not inspire much and it does not reveal much about your game. Infact it suggests a single player experience.

Please take this as Positive feedback

I know you said you were smart and all......

but you realize none of us are developers of this game who can affect change.

I'd try their forums.

The Devs come here quite a lot

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

In all honesty, the name is the only reason I even clicked to check it out and am on these forums right now. Probably better not to change it.

Here's some cool as shit name suggestions anyway!

World of Greedcraft

Dark Age of Greedalot

Asheron's Greed

Greed & Beyond

Star Greed: The Old Mongering

Greed101

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I would have probably just called it Greed.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I would have preferred a name that kind of reflects the concept of going to a new and un-touched world, I guess if you guys intend to market it as fairly cutthroat it makes sense this way.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Sauteed_Onion
    How about just dropping Monger off the name of the game altogether and calling it Greed.. or Greed Online.

I agree with many of the others here - it's a bad name, if you're trying to develop a brand.

Both "greed" and "monger" are words with generally negative connotations.

The simplistic construction "Greed Monger" smacks of amateurism, which is something that most companies try to avoid.  It's a title a 10-year-old would come up with.

If greed is the focal point of the game, then I'd agree, just call it "Greed", or "Greed Online".

I'd probably go with "Avarice" instead.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.