Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to Play Restrictions list

Comments

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Okay no bank access.  Im sorry I actually laughed out loud at that one.  I didn't even realize that was a restriction. 

I stopped laughing after reading some of the others, facepalmed, and am now trying to forget I ever saw something so awful.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Entropy14
    lol so basically you can log on , wow, exciting.

+1

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Very similar to LOTRO, so I honestly do not see what the problem is.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by mnwild1998

How many post can we have about haters/trol!$ whinning and crying that this is not Freebies and Handouts 2 play. Its unreal the lazieness and entitlement some people have.

Hahahahahhahaa you must be the 53% Mitt left out..

Laziness and entitlement. In video games?

You don't say HaHaa.. wow man just ... Wow

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by thexrated
    Very similar to LOTRO, so I honestly do not see what the problem is.

What are you smoking?

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Some of the restrictions are a bit silly.  All the flashpoints should be open to all because that way it drives the queue times down for everyone

As should basic functions of the game, like matching armour colour, all quickbars, bank and guild access.  Limiting how F2P players can interact with the community hurts everyone tbh.

• MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Cheers for posting this I just stopped the launcher updating and uninstalled this pile of shite from my PC forever.

TBH having not played for 9 months even if F2P allowed me all the game access I would probably still not play this more than an hour or two, it's just a terrible game written by out of touch developers.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

6 months from now, EA will proclaim that F2P is dead, screech in horror at the glowing ball of light in the sky, and quickly bury their heads back in the sand.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by nolic1

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Have a look for you self and decide.

I will be always subbed, so I do not care. Same in ANY game. If game is enough decent for sub mode, great, if not will not waste my time. And swtor is best game ever for fun factor for me.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    This game was not worth the $15 sub fee. But also it isn't worth your time. The only good F2P I've seen was Turbine's model. EQ2 was ok-aish, they offered you the option to play 99% of the content for free except for the endgame.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

SWTOR f2p is a 1-50 trial.

Honestly if you just want to level up you get 100% access to all missions and classes.

Sounds like a good deal if you ask me.

If you're feeling the squeeze while leveling with the action bar limit or the missing crew slot (crafting) you can easily buy those out of the AH with in game credits.

I get the complaints, SWTOR f2p is impossible to enjoy as a free player if you want to be a "Serious endgame player" but I think that is EA/Biowares intention. They give you the choice of leveling for free while dipping into the shop to reduce the restrictions and once at endgame if you really like the game you subscribe.

I'm playing this game with my small son and we are level 30 atm and both of us unlocked speeder Section X, Titles, crew slot and inventory space all with in game credits while playing. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

I'm playing this game with my small son and we are level 30 atm and both of us unlocked speeder Section X, Titles, crew slot and inventory space all with in game credits while playing. 

Really? With 250k credit limit?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Honestly if you just want to level up you get 100% access to all missions and classes.

If you're feeling the squeeze while leveling with the action bar limit or the missing crew slot (crafting) you can easily buy those out of the AH with in game credits.

I get the complaints, SWTOR f2p is impossible to enjoy as a free player if you want to be a "Serious endgame player" but I think that is EA/Biowares intention. They give you the choice of leveling for free while dipping into the shop to reduce the restrictions and once at endgame if you really like the game you subscribe.

This has been known about since they first announced any detailed information on the F2P transition. The repeatable 'end game' content would cost money. The story lines would be free. Anyone who is a serious 'end game' player is not going to balk at spending the money.

I think there are a lot of whiners looking for a target and a lot of people who expect that they should get everything for nothing.

** edit **
    Had no idea you could buy all that stuff with in game credits.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    This game was not worth the $15 sub fee. But also it isn't worth your time. The only good F2P I've seen was Turbine's model. EQ2 was ok-aish, they offered you the option to play 99% of the content for free except for the endgame.

Actually is best game ever. Even now after played TSW, GW2, MOP, ... I continue to be subbed to swtor even if not playing it actively. As sign of support and so much hathred toward. Only game so far that have accumulated so much heathered was/is wow. Said so i do not care for pvp and do not for end game, I'm altholic. And had a blast leveling my 16 alts, for every different class story have maxed out alt. Never ever got bored. And will be for sure back.

Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Actually is best game ever. Even now after played TSW, GW2, MOP, ... I continue to be subbed to swtor even if not playing it actively. As sign of support and so much hathred toward. Only game so far that have accumulated so much heathered was/is wow. Said so i do not care for pvp and do not for end game, I'm altholic. And had a blast leveling my 16 alts, for every different class story have maxed out alt. Never ever got bored. And will be for sure back.

Yah, but WoW has 10-12m subscribers, SWTOR has 200-300k, so if they generted same "hate" SWTORs is much much more dense ;P

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by mnwild1998
    How many post can we have about haters/trol!$ whinning and crying that this is not Freebies and Handouts 2 play. Its unreal the lazieness and entitlement some people have.

Riiiight. Well, I PAID 97 dollars to start playing this game.  I had to pay for 2 mths. of subscription because there weren't any one month cards at Gamestop, so....I willingly paid.  I expect a little more than this for what I've already paid beyond those initial monthly fees and the cost of the game. This is the worst "free to play" setup that I've ever seen. What a joke.  I won't be returning to the game in it's present state either for free OR sub.

edit:

In retrospect, I suppose I got my money's worth from the game if I consider it a single player RPG.  So....I'm annoyed, but it's not going to make my personal log of worst MMO sinners either, so....meh.  My feelings about it aren't strong enough to warrant throwing a fit.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

How long will it take them to remove the hotbar restriction?  My level 50 is unplayable because of this.  

Normally I cave and resubscribe or purchase the unlock I want, but this felt like such a slap in the face that I loaded up Rift and bought that expansion instead lol.

Good for you.  And I'm not a huge fan of Rift, but I still applaud your decision.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Ok seriously? They restrict the quickslots too?  Only 2 quickslot bars.. Wow.. seriously.
  • Jester92Jester92 Member Posts: 156

When it comes to crap like this I call it like I see it.  This is just another stupid EA Money grabbing failed attempt, What they are doing here is not only making it appear like they actually care about their customers but in reality its all about the money as always.  Now they are passing this off as free to play while still taking subscription to do practically ANYTHING in the game, while at the same time adding in microtransactions that will completely ruin the game further than its current state of ruin while still taking subscriptions.  I don't know about you guys but I am completely done EA and am NEVER buying another EA product.  Oh and dumb asses at EA most people (Practically everyone in the world) would call this a free trial not going free to play...

Edit: Not to fucking mention what do us who paid 50$ for your game with preorders get as a bonus for actually buying the game? Fuck all is what.

J. B.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I to see it as a straight forward money grab attempt. I wont play the game on pure principle because of this. They should really consider aions model whihc gives you the WHOLE game free with a cash shop that sells mounts, housing stuff, pets, weapon skins, costumes, and boosts. For swtor they could sell modable armor, modable weapons, mounts, pets, boosts, extra cargo space, more char slots, future races, and more fluff stuff. People want to look different so much that they will buy cosmetic gear or titles just to be different.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Originally posted by lizardbones

You cant directly, you can buy it from GTN if someone else buys it and put it on GTN, but ive been monitoring GTN closely on my server from thursday and cheapest thing that appeared till now is "unlock inventory bar" and its listed at 580k. Everything that he lists costs 1,5kk creds and north of that. So if some subscriber didnt buy it for him and gave it to him (around 10kk worth/characterx2)...

So yah.

AND, 250k is a fortune for level 30, i certanly didnt have that much creds on lvl 30 EVER.

So if someone had a plan to grind credits to unlock stuff - good luck lol, unles you pay RM - no go.

Originally posted by mikahr

Really? With 250k credit limit?

My limit is slightly higher since i owned the game on release. I believe its 350k

But on Shadow lands NA pve server I purchased Section X for 120k credits and some of the others around 200-250k.

I have a knack for making money in MMOs.

Originally posted by mikahr

You cant directly, you can buy it from GTN if someone else buys it and put it on GTN, but ive been monitoring GTN closely on my server from thursday and cheapest thing that appeared till now is "unlock inventory bar" and its listed at 580k. Everything that he lists costs 1,5kk creds and north of that. So if some subscriber didnt buy it for him and gave it to him (around 10kk worth/characterx2)...

So yah.

AND, 250k is a fortune for level 30, i certanly didnt have that much creds on lvl 30 EVER.

So if someone had a plan to grind credits to unlock stuff - good luck lol, unles you pay RL - no go.

its easy to make Credits.

SWTOR is insanely top heavy with a ton of lazy high levels.

I've sold blue and purple items on the Ah for 50-150k each.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

This has been known about since they first announced any detailed information on the F2P transition. The repeatable 'end game' content would cost money. The story lines would be free. Anyone who is a serious 'end game' player is not going to balk at spending the money.

I think there are a lot of whiners looking for a target and a lot of people who expect that they should get everything for nothing.

** edit **

You can't. For example, you try to upgrade your inventory or cargo slots, and you get hit with a big "sales" pop-up which informs you ONLY subscribers can use credits to expand.

Ive used cartel items bought off the market... my son just grabbed the unify colors unlock and used it. He's not on a preferred account like I am. he's completely free.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Most annoying one for me is 3 loot roles a week....i think if they lifted that i could be...'carefully content' with the f2p restrictions.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development