Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saddest movie scenes

bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

There are alot of sad ass movie scenes out there.  What made you shed a tear?

I have dogs and this made me...very sad. 

Comments

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I liked the movie - forget which - where at a dinner party all the wives are discussing the same topic. And then a husband chimes in, "for me, it must be where Jim Brown gets killed in The Dirty Dozen". Then the other husbands all nod, and start blubbering one by one.

So this. Jim Brown getting killed in The Dirty Dozen.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

The "I am Legend" dog scene is indeed a good (sad) one.

- The end of Dances with Wolves when the Indians have to scatter and flee the white asshats in what was THEIR country.

- When Grace Augustine dies in Avatar.

- When Katsumoto dies in The Last Samurai. In the same movie, when Katsumoto's son sacrifices to allow the others to flee.

- The end of Thelma & Louise.

- V for Vendetta's end.

- The Professional, when, sadly, Leon gets killed.

- The end of Subway, when Fred gets shot.

That's just out of my mind right now, there are tons more.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

- The Professional, when, sadly, Leon gets killed.

Love that movie.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Million Dollar Baby, from when Maggie gets hurts to the end of the movie is depressing.

The Green Mile, when they execute John Coffey.

The Road, when Viggo Mortensen's character dies.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the Kings, when they all leave Middle Earth.

Fifth Element, when Leelo realizes what kind of morons she's trying to save... you have to see the movie to understand ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Yep 5th element when she cries, good one. 

There are inspiring scenes as well that made my heart go to my mouth.  This is like two seconds worth of throught but when Thor  beats Asgard's machine I was like, Yes!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

To this day I cannot watch and can barely even think it because it starts me crying - All Dogs Go To Heaven - when Charlie dies and comes back to see Sqeaker.   ::damn it - gets tissues::  Cannot watch this movie.

The end of Lord of Rings when Aragorn tells the Hobbits that they need not bow to anyone.   Oh my gawd...

Too many scenes in Lost to name that get me crying.

L Word - When Dana died and Alice came back to her hospital room.  

Screw it....there is not enough time in the day to list all the movies that make me cry...and just remembering them has me crying...damn it...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Teala

The end of Lord of Rings when Aragorn tells the Hobbits that they need not bow to anyone.   Oh my gawd...

That gets me every time. It's so moving that sometimes I just cue up that last scene just to watch that bit.

The end of It's a wonderful life also gets me. When he George has spent his entire life giving to his community only to think that he is utterly alone and then to learn that he was never alone...  Brings tears.

The end of Big Fish is also a tear jerker (in a good way).

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Turner and Hooch: Hooch
    Forrest Gump: Jenny
    Castaway: Wilson

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    At the end of Saving Private Ryan, where he's at Arlington and asks his wife if he'd been a good man and lived a good life.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

All good...just watched 300 again.  THe ending is pretty good. 

Remember us, he said to me.  

*oh and Dexter, multiple times but when Rita dies.

I forgot about this one...I replayed it multiple times cuz I thought it was poignant. sp.

30 Days of Night ending...he knows he cannot keep going and sacrifices himself to the sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoIgj_qK3oY

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122
    The latter part of Hachiko, Tada Kimi wo Aishiteru, My Sassy Girl, Windstruck

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    I cried my eyes out to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHr-9_6hCg

• cindycocindyco Member Posts: 1
    i like one scene in the movie.. the notebook
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon when I found out the big action scene at the end was only just beginning.
  • IchiRyutarouIchiRyutarou Member Posts: 7

I'm a loser.

Land Before Time, when Little Foot's mom dies and then the ending credits play "If we hold on together...." 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

V for Vendetta - the story of Valerie (the lesbian) written on toilet paper; horrible, always makes me cry

Return of the Jedi - the death of Darth Vader "tell your sister, you were right!"

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria Member Posts: 63
    The ONLY movie that made me shed a tear was Hachiko's story... It's the dog in japan in the 1920's. saddest part was when his master died and he still stayed at the train station waiting for his master to come back. Thinking about it still makes me sad
  • revenoffrevenoff Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria
    The ONLY movie that made me shed a tear was Hachiko's story... It's the dog in japan in the 1920's. saddest part was when his master died and he still stayed at the train station waiting for his master to come back. Thinking about it still makes me sad

i know that feel

• DarthRichardsonDarthRichardson Member Posts: 7
    Shawshank Redemption always chokes me up. In the best possible way.