Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back at SWTOR

Hi

I was playing at launch for two months

I got back at SWTOR to check It out

Until know I have noticed the following

They have fixed the graphic engine problems and I can play the game at high settings with no animation problems and at a very good FR (I still have to set shadow detail to low , but  back at lunch the game was unplayable on ultra)

They have merged all the realms in 1 PVP 1  PVE and 1 RP server , the PVP server is one of the most alive realms I ever played and feels great

They added a dungeon finder tool

The free to play is very nice in my opinion

You can actually check out the game and see If you like It

And in my opinion SWTOR definitely worth’s a subscription to enjoy

Most of the people that try the game and chatting actually say that this game is super

It just needs time

Like all MMOS

I know some don’t like the game

And it all goes down to personal preference

For those that haven’t seen It yet

Its there

Go try It out and make your mind about It without a single dolar

I personally will subscribe again

CHEERS!

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by archidi

Hi

They have fixed the graphic engine problems and I can play the game at high settings with no animation problems and at a very good FR (I still have to set shadow detail to low , but  back at lunch the game was unplayable on ultra)

They have merged all the realms in 1 PVP 1  PVE and 1 RP server , the PVP server is one of the most alive realms I ever played and feels great

Most of the people that try the game and chatting actually say that this game is super

It just needs time

Like all MMOS

For those that haven’t seen It yet Its there

Go try It out and make your mind about It

CHEERS!

So the nickle and diming doesnt bother you? The missing CC on accounts? The char slot bugs? The Bug that still causes the mount to appear .5 secs after casting is completed? The loading screens on the planets taking ages still? Im sorry but its even worse now. The community is full of trolls, EAWare has more focus on Cartel store then content. I could go on and on.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• archidiarchidi Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

So the nickle and diming doesnt bother you? The missing CC on accounts? The char slot bugs? The Bug that still causes the mount to appear .5 secs after casting is completed? The loading screens on the planets taking ages still? Im sorry but its even worse now. The community is full of trolls, EAWare has more focus on Cartel store then content. I could go on and on.

No  they dont really bother me

There are issues non the less for everybody I think

I would personally want to see a space mission revamp ( I dont like playing Rtype)

And more content update

What really made the game unplayable for me at lunch

were the graphik engine issues

Wirch are solved :)

I

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I can't try it out again because everything is put away in a cash shop.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Hi

Hi

Same as me

I did to !

No changes for me but I have quite powerfull PC so...

So many people drop out that they merged all servers ? WoW. I did know it was bad but to this extend ?

Finally. After I didn't need it. When my server was almost dead I could use one. Now I just need to shout on chat. Far too late.

Yeah, even skill bars are limited. How much greedy bEAware can be ?

You could check it before using trial so not much changes there.

Well at least they pull some strings and now in my country we pay only HALF of the subscription. But for me - it's still not worth it. Especially since I started playing Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2. Both free and have full skill bar.

Most of us did in first few days. And then you hit 50, realize that game just finished and restarting it with new char is pointless because you will do same quests in same areas on same level with same equipment over and over. And all quests are like "kill 40 rabbits". Pointless and no fun at all.

It just needs time

I decide to give them a YEAR. And after that year I checked it again. Except minor fixes game is the same. They didn't even add new content except some usless short operation and small PVP map.

Like all MMOS

Well to be honest, I think that TOR is NOT an MMO. It's just single-player game with multiplayer co-op. I think that because every dam thing is designed for up to 4 people in group. That's it.

Its there

Waste of time, waste of money, waste of good license (SW). Better to check Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2 or few others MMO out there. Few promising games are released in near future. No point wasting your time downloading 60gigs of boringness and stupidity. 

CHEERS!

Just my point of view.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    No thanks, i tried it again and it's painful to play with the restrictions.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

I tried it again and I can't honestly say things gave improved.  So I thought I would look at it with free-to-play glasses on and like my inital opinion of the game last year, something just seems off =(   I suppose it's fine, but there are better games out right now and SWTOR being free-to-play just doesn't make going back worth it. 

My one gripe about the f2p model they adopted is I wish the things you had to pay for made some sense.  Like I don't understand the limitation on the quick slot bars or paying for warzones or raids...eh...

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by dariuszp

Hi

Hi

Hi

Same as me

Similar but 3 months for me

I did to !

Same.

No changes for me but I have quite powerfull PC so...

Yes but there should be a change for you regardless of how powerful your pc is because they allowed for users to scale to a higher quality of graphics. Like you I have a powerful gaming rig and never really had issues of frame rate that others had.

So many people drop out that they merged all servers ? WoW. I did know it was bad but to this extend ?

Yes but who cares about how bad it got as long as pop is stablilized on the server your playing on

Finally. After I didn't need it. When my server was almost dead I could use one. Now I just need to shout on chat. Far too late.

I like it and use it. Its great you can shout in chat too if you really want to; however, I would rather que up and concentrate on my dailies.

Yeah, even skill bars are limited. How much greedy bEAware can be ?

Yeah, I agree $2 bucks for UI expansion is a tad nickle and dime it for me, but that was by far and away the worst implamentation of the f2p system. The rest isn't too bad actually.

You could check it before using trial so not much changes there.

You can now play a class from begining to end free of charge so I think that is a substantial change.

Well at least they pull some strings and now in my country we pay only HALF of the subscription. But for me - it's still not worth it. Especially since I started playing Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2. Both free and have full skill bar.

As someone who has both Planet Side 2 and GW2 on my computer right now, I can honestly say I'm enjoying my return to SWTOR more.

Most of us did in first few days. And then you hit 50, realize that game just finished and restarting it with new char is pointless because you will do same quests in same areas on same level with same equipment over and over. And all quests are like "kill 40 rabbits". Pointless and no fun at all.

Just like GW 2 which you just priased. At least SWTOR's WZs are interesting to play heavily, somthing that can't be said for GW2s.

It just needs time

I decide to give them a YEAR. And after that year I checked it again. Except minor fixes game is the same. They didn't even add new content except some usless short operation and small PVP map.

For long term play, they need to pump out content faster, but its still fun (with breaks) for a month or two at a time.

Like all MMOS

Well to be honest, I think that TOR is NOT an MMO. It's just single-player game with multiplayer co-op. I think that because every dam thing is designed for up to 4 people in group. That's it.

If you think this then you must feel that way about all theme park games because they all share a similar formula. I could careless if its a mmorpg or a coop as long as it's fun and I think SWTOR is fun.

Its there

Waste of time, waste of money, waste of good license (SW). Better to check Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2 or few others MMO out there. Few promising games are released in near future. No point wasting your time downloading 60gigs of boringness and stupidity. 

I logged in to check out the f2p, remembred that I had a lot of fun playing this game for a couple of months resubbed to play for a couple of more, and trying to save enough cartel points while subbed to unlock enough of the features that will allow me to enjoy the game as a f2p in the future.

CHEERS!

Just my point of view.

Just my point of view.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Well - many people are trying it. Most servers both in EU and US are full and the game jumped on xfire to #9.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Well - many people are trying it. Most servers both in EU and US are full and the game jumped on xfire to #9.

Funny how every time i log in the servers say "light"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Funny how every time i log in the servers say "light"

LOL when and where are you playing... these are snapshots taken from yesterday:

If you play in the morning - that might be a case LOL, though checked now and all servers in US are standard and not light. Unless you play on Oceanic Servers... these are light, I would agree.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

morbid curiosity prodded me into updating and logging in.

The game quickly reminded me of it's awfulness.

I will say that F2P makes you want a subscription, too bad the game isn't worth a sub so it's the same as it was before this newest debacle.

SWTOR F2P < SWTOR Sub

SWTOR Sub = 0

therefore SWTOR F2P = worse than 0

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011