Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what do you think of the new zone?

Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

It was nice to see how through series of events we helped npcs to establish camps and set waypoints and settle in.

I noticed that karka monsters deal insane amount of damge. I'm warrior and it hits me for 1800 per hit. Every normal karka has a skill that shots something on you and deal up to 8000+ dmg if every missle hits you. It's really hard to navigate around with such hard hitting mobs. I guess I need that new ascended gear to resist that dmg?

Its even larger than I thought and has 2 new jumping puzzles. Can't wait to check them out.

But finally we have a lv 80 zone without the freaking zombies in it.

info:

To get into new zone speak to npc near Sanctum Harbor Waypoint.

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It's a welcome change from Orr. Most hard-hitting Karka attacks are easily evaded, so I don't think they're much of a problem. The island is bigger than I thought it would be.

For now, I'm satisfied. We'll have to wait until my ears stop hearing "Death, good!" and "Everyone, come!" every second to get a more objective opinion.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Holy meh, anet image

Is it only half turned-on or something?  I couldn't imagine how it could possibly be any duller.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The zone will be fully unlocked after the weekend. The stuff we can see now is just an intermediate phase.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Once they fix the broken events and bugs it would be more fun. I won't have to see risen again so that is all good in my book. I just hope more players participate in Lost Shores than  Orr. I am done with Plinx farming.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Holy meh, anet image

Is it only half turned-on or something?  I couldn't imagine how it could possibly be any duller.

It is only half turned on lol. There will be more stuff added after the weekend event.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Spent half an hour or maybe an hour there last night. I agree that it's nice to have a level 80 zone with no bloody Risen.. but what I saw of the zone so far was pretty dull. I did a champion shark group event that was basically identical to the champion risen shark in Orr.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I like the look of the island and the Karka..

The one time event was pretty fun and epic,though a lot of people who have missed it are pissed.

20 slot bag drop,exotics etc.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    It has a nice aesthetic. Mobs are tough to fight alone, especially the Karka and Reef drakes who pulls you and stun. Essentially, it's hard to solo the area. Oh and there are one-shotting worms too. Couldn't finish that event alone.
  • rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

Well, its a ZONE and its new, this is always good even if the zone is poor quality as its something different.

Other than that mostly usless tidbit I must say whoever was in charge of the mobs damage is a freaking MASOCHIST...

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I like it's design, the new mobs, new charmable pet (reef Drake) and events I saw so far.

The jumping puzzle was nice too though I didn't finished it. ^_^

In overall it's bigger than expected and the area has a nice feeling to it.

Also more to do for level 80s which is always good. :)

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

Well,  I feel (personal opinion) the "new design" (after lead-designer left for good) a bit uninspiring. Just a bit too simple, especially compared to many other game zones where you can observe the minuteous attention put in details and else.

Let's see how it'll evolve...

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Enjoyed the event, although the numbers meant Champion Karka went invisible at times - now THAT is a surprise when they pop again!

The island is OK. I did enjoy the fact there are now some Veteran mobs I can't solo - that's the way it should be really. Those buried worms are a pain in the proverbial.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, insanely beautiful.

The hard hitting Karka make it a dangerous island to carefully explore. The events were/are fun and the jumping puzzle I did (floating stones) was enjoyably challenging.

All in all a very stimulating addition to the game worthy of ArenaNets design accomplishments. And on top of me having a fun weekend with it (not even powerplaying it) it's also complimentary.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Harder, more challenging mobs? Yeah.

Quite large new area to explore and quest in? Yeah.

Two new jumping puzzles, among which one quite challenging and with a fun mechanic? Yeah.

New crafting recipes? Yeah.

New dungeon, with improved mechanics compared to the old ones? Yeah. (also a "new zone").

A new pet for rangers? Yeah.

Have I forgotten more stuff? Most likely.

All this for free? Yeah.

I was so busy enjoying the new stuff during my free time that I barely posted here this week end. A total winner for me.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I spent a few hours this morning exploring the island and must have found just about everywhere other than the top of the jumping puzzles, which I didn't attempt. I harvested most resource nodes on the way too, including a rich mithril and rich ori one. I made over 1g selling stuff on the TP so I think now I know the layout, will make it a better place than Orr to visit in order to make some quick cash. The Karka take longer to kill than most stuff but I didn't find them too much of a problem. My engineer can easily run between them using his Elixir H speed buff and if neccesary, glue shot to immobilise them if there are too many chasing.

It's not that big but it will be somewhere else for casual players to visit for an hour or two at a time.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Tiller
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Holy meh, anet image

It is only half turned on lol. There will be more stuff added after the weekend event.

That's what I was hoping.. but are you sure about that?  As of this morning, the zone doesn't even seem to be itemized, yet.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.