Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I won't be part of your demographic anymore, mmorpg.com.

I don't want to be a statistic in the demographic for mmorpg.com anymore. While I understand this is a business, I find the whole experience here more a giant advertisement. You get paid to put up banners, "fix" scores with any implied meaning, heavily moderate forums with bias, provide excessively positive reviews on horrible material, and link sales to games you review. This site has no integrity, and when an advertiser looks at your statistics, I'd much prefer instead of (x) hits per day, you were to report (x-1).

This site was better in the past, and it has become a disgusting cash cow. I'm disappointed I've been part of the "numbers" of making this what it has become.

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    You should have posted your name so they'd know who you were...
  • AhnilatorAhnilator Member UncommonPosts: 81
    cool story bro

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Psychow

Why, he is the great "User deleted". I see him around from time to time.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736

It's all about money.

What would you choose?

Option 1 - Honesty. 

NO MONEY.

No profit.

Option 2 - Deciept.

HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY - FUUUUUUUUU. I CAN BUY EVERYTIN'! ! !!!!!

+ Money  = Fame  =  Population increase = Good stuff.

-- 

To me it's a obvious choice. I know some of you might go "Option 1. I am super good." But the thing is if you were actually given the option to get a huge chunk of money on one hand and little as none on the other. You would take the first one. 

It's common human behaviour.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Someone we wont miss, I bet.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by Psychow

Why, he is the great "User deleted". I see him around from time to time.

I thought User Deleted was Creslin321.  He deleted his account.. :-(

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Sad but very true. 
  • erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    its true though.. sadly
  • GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I don't want to be a statistic in the demographic for mmorpg.com anymore. While I understand this is a business, I find the whole experience here more a giant advertisement. You get paid to put up banners, "fix" scores with any implied meaning, heavily moderate forums with bias, provide excessively positive reviews on horrible material, and link sales to games you review. This site has no integrity, and when an advertiser looks at your statistics, I'd much prefer instead of (x) hits per day, you were to report (x-1).

This site was better in the past, and it has become a disgusting cash cow. I'm disappointed I've been part of the "numbers" of making this what it has become.

As long as you know how this works why worry about it?

I personally dont buy games because of "reviews" or advertisment. Do you?

If they earn alot of money on this forum i couldnt care less anyway, for me its a place to discuss gaming in general and get a heads up on games that i will play in the future.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

So.....who was the mysterious OP?

Edit: was Kaelano1

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well crud. I didn't get to ask if I could have all their stuff.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Another one bites the dust. But will probably return under a new alias. It's all about the drama.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

It is curious though that he made a thread about this. I would've just deleted it and be done with it. Its like if someone really wanted to off himself/herself they wouldn't go around advertising it. Or maybe this is the note they leave behind...

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Another one bites the dust. But will probably return under a new alias. It's all about the drama.

Well how many alias' do you have Kyle.. if that is your real name image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Well how many alias' do you have Kyle.. if that is your real name image

Yeah! Out with it! How many?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Sad to say, but the OP is 100% accurate.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by stragen001

This ^

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by stragen001

I agree, but is it possible to enter any gaming web community theese days that doesnt profit on "objective reviews" and advertisment?

My point is that as long as you are aware about whats going on it doesnt matter.

This discussion has been closed.