Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese Neverwinter website looking good

OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105

Someone on the official forums posted a link to the chinese site for Neverwinter (http://nw.wanmei.com/).

This site displays a lot of new information, and it looks very nice!  Check it out!

Comments

• OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Osmanthus

Someone on the official forums posted a link to the chinese site for Neverwinter (http://nw.wanmei.com/).

This site displays a lot of new information, and it looks very nice!  Check it out!

All that site did was lock up my browser while a low res Neverwinter video played.

Also, it's in Chinese, so it helps noone.

Try it out with google's Chrome browser maybe.  It can run the site, and it will offer to translate some text automatically for you.  However, most of the site has english already.  

Also, you can skip the intro movie by clicking on it.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Title is a bit odd, people may shy away from anything "Chinese". "New cool info about world map and races" would be more catchy.

Here is some info on an English website, including a sort of world map, which is VERY cool, since it shows how far you may get, down to Amn, Myth Drannor, Baldurs Gate asf.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/11/neverwinter-the-races-and-classes-of-the-game/

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105

Racists might shy away I guess.  What is really odd is that the website you posted is just screen-shots of the chinese site.  I'm not sure why that would be better in anyway except it has someone elses advertising on it.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Racists might shy away I guess.  What is really odd is that the website you posted is just screen-shots of the chinese site.  I'm not sure why that would be better in anyway except it has someone elses advertising on it.

Racism is a bit over the top, I'd say prejudice and carefulness. Some countries seem have a bit a higher ratio to have hacked or trojan stuff. So at least I am cautious when someone directs me to Chinese or Russian website, without being a racist!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    why do the chinese get the shiney cool sites while we get the sites that were programmed by the intern during lunch break?
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Nice catch. I dont think Halfling or Cleric had been officially unvieled in English yet? (Although I think everyone expected them anyway).

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Yes, because an English reader expecting a Chinese website to be written in Chinese, which an English reader can't understand and will thus be likely to avoid the site because of such, is most definitely racist.

Your statement doesn't reflect reality in that Osmanthus never stated anything about expecting the site to be in English your projecting that onto them. In this case if anything you are the bigoted or bias entity at fault.

Another user stated, "Also, it's in Chinese, so it helps noone." Which is not a bigoted nor racist attitude, only one of the accurate generalization of: this is an English site and the people on it read English not Chinese making the information is not helpful to people who cannot read it. That site is not written in Chinese, its standard Mandarin; while calling it “Chinese” might be a statement of ignorance its technically the only racist content in this tread; of which your also guilty of).

Maybe you have a misunderstanding of the term racist, invest some autodidactive learning time on this topic (aka. self learning; if your going to charge other people with such exciting claims).

Note for your didactic learning extra: speakers with-in the “Mandarin” language often have to use simple language to understand each other due to the differences tone and other variations between the northern and southern dialects. Think Bayou or Cajun English {A good popular example is the ground-worker in the movie Waterboy}, it can hard to understand them despite most of the words actually being the same (with some differences).

Forgive my grammar mistakes I have -100 natural affinity skill in grammar and writing, but I will not assume to correct yours :).

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by evilastro

Nice catch. I dont think Halfling or Cleric had been officially unvieled in English yet? (Although I think everyone expected them anyway).

Thye just haven't been showed.  Halfings they said in an interview a long time ago that they would be at launch and clerics had some tweaking before showing off mainly in how to deal with healing mechanics.  Both are seen in trailers so they were pretty much a no brainer like the Mesmer in GW2, everyone pretty much knew the Mesmer was the last profession to be unvieled.

Whats intresting though is that there is a fifth icon on the class section so seems like that there will be a fifth class which most likely be the ranger.

• YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51
    From the video it looks like the world is made up from a bunch of hallways. I'm still interested in it if it has a good story though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

• GameveteranGameveteran Member Posts: 9
    And I was proud I learnd they use Han characters. Not surprised a site uses its country's own characters and not Roman Alphabet ones though.

GameVeteran

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Yaoiman
    From the video it looks like the world is made up from a bunch of hallways. I'm still interested in it if it has a good story though.

There are open world (outside garden and rocks under sky) too where you can fight for spawns. There are trailers showing that. But I would expect any D&D game to have a lot of Dungeons.  [[though dragons can not be always expected]]