Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New EQII Movies

2»

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Oler motherboards can't take 1GB without crashing so for you upgraders watch out if you using a very old board.

Ah and yes 2400 is not much for that type of pc if you don't build it yourself though a build would be about  800 pounds(about 1300 dollars)  without the monitor here but parts are cheaper in USA(i ordered my RAM from there).

I was thinking of a similar computer to build by new year myself but planning on a athlon myself since i am a fan of it.

I seriously recommend that folks learn how to build their computers.Many will get hang of it even without a course.

There are cheap courses(at least here) for a day or 2 for those that feel unsure.Loads of cheap books around too.

Considering that an average computer  for a hardcore gamer is obselete in under 3 years it is a great saving for sure.

So far i calculate just short of 800 pounds(no OS gonna use my wind xp on it) and by then the graphics cards will lose 10-20 percent their value for sure.

Anyway side tracking.

Yes,djin proper coding would help a lot.

My main problem is i am fed up of eyecandy(i have a system that will handle any game coming in next year ) .

Gameplay  has really been going from bad to worse recently.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

ur the dumb one

u say u would agree atleast 512ram

well without that, u AINT PLAYING! the min is 512

AND

ti dosent support dx9, so with that, U CANT PLAY!

whos dumb now?image

imageleave eqii to meimage

Gah murti you know I am your pal so please stop exposing yourself  LOL.

I explained to you a while ago about this direct x 9 thingie.

Ok let me make it simple go into SWG( its a direct x 9 game  i repeat it is a direct x 9 game-says so on forums,says so on box says so on my forehead lol) and see if its playable on ti series cards .Actually this should be on another forum but it seems many have a bad misconception about the word "fully supports".

Also you CANNOT set a game coded in one direct x to another and have little reason to even if you could.

If you been using dirext X 9 on your computer and it passed the test(dxdiag) then you be kind of dumb to go down to direct x 8  and risk games that WOULD have worked not working no more.

I am yet to see any direct x application or game fail to work properly and smoothly on ti series.

If for some reason EQ2 does not work(highly unlikely but who knows) i will probabaly change my card but since all but the fx5900 in the fx series are junk compared to my ti4600 i would expect to go into more lag and less FPS.

However by middle of next year(EQ2 time of launch ) i think i would  get that my new build  which i am trying for new year with an fx5900 ultra card or maybe radeon 9800pro.

I am playing SWG and have zero lag compared to those using the newer but less powerful fx5600.

By the way first time EQ2 was shown on was it E3  it was on a ti4600 card LOL.

Anyhow really off topic now.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

hehe thanks for telling Gunblade hercule....image

i told u soimage

You are worng and right,gunblade.

Basically if a game functions in direct x 9 you must have direct x 9 and compatible hardware for it.

You are right  in the fact that the card does not have to have the stamp of "fully supports direct x 9") to work  a direct x 9 game simply because most cards support direct x 9 TOTALLY but no guarantee it will work.

Means you cannot go to the card maker and say oh this did not work for my card.Having said that you stand a 10 fold more chance of dying in a plane crash then it not working.

In short if i was to sell graphics cards i would sell them with a guarantee that if any game failed to work on geforce4 i would give them a radeon 9700 pro because i will not have anyone come back.

So bascially even if you have a geforce2 it will work in EQ2 but of course you will lag so badly you would barely move.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

It wouldn't "lag",  it would chop. 

Lag = Internet connection

Chop = FPS = videocard

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

yea the graphics card only makes it choppy, it dosent make the game lag...

thats the internet connectionimage

ok you would chop.

Most gamers have kind of intergrated the 2 terms to generally mean poor performance so i guess most of us use it to describe fps or internet connection.

If you play a game and say i am "chopping" most people will think you cutting wood or something.

But when you say you lag it generally is taken you got a low specs computer or poor connection.

So yes technically djin is right but the general game talk means both.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    Odd... when I hear a game LAG,  I think of MMORPGs or an on-line game...  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Originally posted by Gunblade

uhhh murt you just repeated wht djin said.....image

But anyways thanks for the info Herc image

______--}====>_____
    |_105th Panzer Brigade_|
    ! MACS SUCK !

hehe i was in computer class, and i was talking to the person next to me

so i wanted to look cool by continuing to typing, while looking at the person

therfore, i did not know what to type, so i repeatedimage