Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Aion-Beta "You" something about Aion, what would y

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Aion-Beta "You" something about Aion, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Aion-Beta "You" something about Aion, what would you tell yourself?

well since i found out they dont ban bots the hard way, i would go back in time and tell myself its safe to bot, then i would bot multiple acounts and sell them makeing lots of money.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I'd tell myself that no MMO is worth $50 up front.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    It will be a GRIND. The game is ok, the pvp was horrible when it started. The game will be better down the road, so DON'T BUY IT!

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    i'd tell my self to go do something productive instead. ps d3 will suck
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

"WoW players" will kill it for you.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112

I would say "hang in there... because over time it grows and really turns into something amazing".

I stopped and started and rerolled... and wish I had kept my first group of characters and really  been more patient with the game.

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

well since i found out they dont ban bots the hard way, i would go back in time and tell myself its safe to bot, then i would bot multiple acounts and sell them makeing lots of money.

They do, but the bots need to be reported and caught in the act,  like most mmorpgs.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

I'd warn myself off by saying the game will sound like a pinball machine. I mean really, what creature goes "bing" when you hit it with a ten foot sword? 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I would tell myself that the sound effects and pace of combat alone would make me uninstall by level 20 on ANY class.  That and the extreme boring nature of the quest lines and that the videos make it look prettier than it actually is.  Just look at the ground textures.  Yuck!  Oh, and that even after 2 years it STILLs has these issues and hasn't changed enough to warrant a multitude of chances the way some other MMOs do.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by postpwn

You actually sound like you just don't like MMORPGs...

For me, if something is worth my precious leisure time it is worth my money. If I like something enough to play it it is worth the box cost to me.

What would I tell myself though about this game? Maybe to not get involved with NCSoft on any level... the state in which they went live and their continual design choices with Aion are confusing to say the least. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Wait until it goes F2P, NCSoft has one of the best models out there and I could have experienced a heck of title for free.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    if i went back in time i would have saved myself £35 on it..the game although some parts great .it mostly was a complete let down due to the bots  etc.
  • Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by postpwn

Considering most MMO's give more play time in the included 30 days then most single player games, do you just refuse to spend money on video games in general? Are MMO's not a real product deservering of your money? Even ten years ago games were only about $10 cheaper then they are now, have you ever purchased a video game?

I've been playing video games for decades and I do spend money on great games that will give me 20-25 hours of solid entertainment and within a month I will have finished them and moved on to another game. I don't feel that I to have to be able to play it for months at the inital asking price in order for it to be worth it. Your missing out on some great games if you require months of playtime to make a purchase.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from for MMO games? As if they arent a REAL game and you deserve to play them free of charge. FYI, they cost more to make then most single players yet you somehow think they should be free for you?  

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I'd tell myself that it's pretty fun except the terribad pvp. If Aion had pve servers it could have been great.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    It will be a GRIND. The game is ok, the pvp was horrible when it started. The game will be better down the road, so DON'T BUY IT!

the pvp will be better down the road? wtf..

when exactly, after they completely nerfed it? after they gave you the 90% dmg reduce on rifting?

seriously. some games are not meant for you. end.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I'd tell myself not to bother as they are only going to nerf the most enjoyable aspect of the game because of whiney children who didnt like me popping out of stealth and ganking them whilst they pve'd.

Rifting nerfs the death of Aion.

• ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49

That if i used these certain numbers on these specific days to play the lottery I could buy out NCsoft and tell them how to make a game that wasn't the biggest disappointment of my MMO career.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

The grind gets painful after lvl 35 or so.

The RNG crafting is a pain in the ass, and no, you won't ever have a critical craft with those bloods, your luck just sucks too much.

PvP sucks during your time and ranged chars will have a huge advantage while flying in PvP.

All the people you care about playing with will leave after a couple of weeks.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

I'd tell myself that no matter how much fun you had in Tabula Rasa do not give this crappy company a single penny.

Killing TR for "no reason"

Killing CoX for "no Reason"

Let the company die a horrible death for "no reason"

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Do NOT play a templar.... 

Seriously I know you like playing tank classes and find mage classes squishy but NO do NOT play that templar.

Play a sorc.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    They gonna nerf rifting because people are cry babies....
  • SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Don't buy this uninspired Korean shitgrind.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by centkin

Do NOT play a templar.... 

Seriously I know you like playing tank classes and find mage classes squishy but NO do NOT play that templar.

Play a sorc.

yeah .....templar was fun but ><

DONT PLAY SM ! yes u love pet classes with elementals , but roll a SORC! or the Ranger!

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119
    i Will tell myself to make an asmo since they have advantages and to make a spiritsmaster.
  • lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    nothing becasue the game was their vision so whatever you tell them they will just consider and not change their vision because of what you say.