Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group Finder and DooM

NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30

My main rant is group finder and how this tool has killed social elements of MMORPGS and guess what you probably play MMO'S for the social aspect.

I think group finder was an excelent idea but not well executed. I think group finder should show a list of people wanting a group they should still have to ask the person on the list to party and send the invite themselves. No cross server/realm lists since it cuts out reputation for server members. No teleporting to a instance it cuts out open world environment.

When you had to look for people and talk to them to group it made a community. When it was just your server/realm players had reputations which would effect the game for them, who wants to party with a renown douche?

Lets talk PVP for a second World PVP maybe not everyones favorite part of a mmorpg but I bet alot of people would agree with me that made for some killer memories/moments. Why is it every game fails at this aspect now? because you are not forced into world pvp anymore you que in town you poof to instance. There is not even really a way to entice a conflict when that happens before you could camp a instance or a zone of high interest which would cause in the other faction or guild to fight back to achieve what they needed or just maybe to help there fledglings out so they can do what they need.

I could go on for a while but to sum it up this is why i truely believe all mmorpgs fail now. I will say I really like TSW that came out recently maybe not the best game but you know what its been a while since I had to communicate with people to get what I want rather than just do my role and zone out.

Comments

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Noxcard

My main rant is group finder and how this tool has killed social elements of MMORPGS and guess what you probably play MMO'S for the social aspect.

I think group finder was an excelent idea but not well executed. I think group finder should show a list of people wanting a group they should still have to ask the person on the list to party and send the invite themselves. No cross server/realm lists since it cuts out reputation for server members. No teleporting to a instance it cuts out open world environment.

When you had to look for people and talk to them to group it made a community. When it was just your server/realm players had reputations which would effect the game for them, who wants to party with a renown douche?

Lets talk PVP for a second World PVP maybe not everyones favorite part of a mmorpg but I bet alot of people would agree with me that made for some killer memories/moments. Why is it every game fails at this aspect now? because you are not forced into world pvp anymore you que in town you poof to instance. There is not even really a way to entice a conflict when that happens before you could camp a instance or a zone of high interest which would cause in the other faction or guild to fight back to achieve what they needed or just maybe to help there fledglings out so they can do what they need.

I could go on for a while but to sum it up this is why i truely believe all mmorpgs fail now. I will say I really like TSW that came out recently maybe not the best game but you know what its been a while since I had to communicate with people to get what I want rather than just do my role and zone out.

Lord of The Rings book ,dungeon finder edition

Frodo goes lft ,Mt.Doom instance. right click join

Frodo destroys The Ring.

that kind of stories today people wants.

Let's internet

• NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I rofled so hard, touche sir touche sir.,
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by Noxcard

Lord of The Rings book ,dungeon finder edition

Frodo goes lft ,Mt.Doom instance. right click join

Frodo destroys The Ring.

that kind of stories today people wants.

haha

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    my biggest problem with dungeon finders is they are usually cross realm.  confining it to the same realm wouldnt destroy the community.  walking or riding a mount to dungeon in a low lvl zone is an experience i can do without.  as it does nothing but waste my time.  dungeon finders also greatly reduce the amount of LFG spam i have to see in games.
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by muffins89
     as it does nothing but waste my time.  

This is the issue right here. One person its a waste of time another its a possible adventure. 

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Players are running out of thigns to complain that we keep recycling old rants over and over again. I have lost count how many times people have discussed about this same topic.

Also spamming chat channels is not communication. I add these people to my block list because it is annoying. So much for your community.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Group finder is the symptom, instancing is the disease