Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[mod edit] Help with Master's Thesis

My name is Jeremy Hays and I am a graduate student working on my Master’s thesis at Middle Tennessee State University. I am currently working on a research project that will be used to develop an assessment scale for addictive behaviors linked to massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. I am seeking players that are over 18 years old and spend at least 40 hours per week playing MMO games. Please note that I am not using this scale to assess you in any way. Only an email address will be asked for as identifying information for this study. The email address will be used solely to contact the 5 participants selected to win the prize, as well as be used to pay the selected participants via PayPal. The purpose of this questionnaire is to find out if behaviors of hardcore players fit known traits of addictive behaviors and to test the questionnaire to see if it is a valid and reliable scale for detecting addictive behaviors.

At the end of the study, 5 participants will be selected at random to win $25 paid to your PayPal account. The winners will be contacted by January 31, 2013 via email. Only participants that fill out the questionnaire truthfully and completely will be eligible to receive compensation.
If I get at least 300 participants, I will double the number of people selected to receive payment.

The link to the questionnaire is

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MMOGS

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Comments

• varianz34varianz34 Member Posts: 2
    So, after finding out today that I need a minimum of 300 participants, I am increasing the number of payouts to 10 people :) Please take just a few minutes to take the questionnaire. Thanks!