Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Well, I guess I'd tell myself that the game was going to sink low enough that they would have to sell panties in their F2P cash shop to stay in business. So I either needed to roll female toons or just GTFO while the getting was good and before buying a preorder...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's a standard themepark game, and the addition of stories won't make you like it any better than you did DA1.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Easy! I would tell them make an online world for players to explore and play in... make a sandbox to play in!

Not some instanced online game that is a piece of shit poorly cloned version of WoW with Starwars paint job.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

*Shrug*

I may not be playing it now, but I enjoyed my time with SW:TOR.  

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Level that agent enjoy the story. You have plenty of time to get your BH ready for competitive pvp... Oh and don't waste a bunch of hours flying around to find Wpvp, it's not there. Matter of fact keep playing RIFT.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

Save yourself the 80 dollars you fool! ...is what I would say to myself.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Dont believe the Hype 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Doh! If I could travel back in time to 2008 I had better things to do than telling me about SWTOR! =P

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Abandon all hope....
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    "Buy the regular version now, the CE will be cheaper later."

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    I would have told myself that I was making the correct choice by not playing the game.  I have been on a roll lately of not buying MMO games. Last mistake was either Fallen Earth or War.
  • SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I would tell myself that you will be having fun for a few months and it was worth buying for that alone. However, do not rely on your friends to go to the same server you told them to go on because they are huge on pvp and you are not, as you already know this.  Also do not give away any of your items in the game, you may be back. 
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

I would have said:

"You're 100% right in pretty much everything.  Except, even the story is terrible.  But you're still going to buy it and have fun in it for a couple of weeks." 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Listen up dumbas, you can just as well go and watch the grass grow , cus this is how fun spacebar wtor will be for you
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Don't buy the preorder collectors edition for myself and the wife.  Quit playing now before you get all bent out of shape.  Go back and play swg before they close the game for good.

And lastly tell myself "abandon all hope if you enter here"

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    This is not the game you are looking for.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-SWTOR-Beta "You" something about SWTOR, what would you tell yourself?

"I have a bad feeling about this" and RIP Bioware.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    that people who want to experience there mmo virginity again are ruining MMO's

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

This is what Ill tell myself -

"Kicking nuts is as fun as it sounds.  Buy it.  Play it.  Finish  the story.  Move on"

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

To tell myself to level more toons to 50 before the server merges to retain more of my names that I got during head-start and not to quit when I did back in June.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Remember when you bought FFXIV? After that complete let down you said you weren't going to preorder any more MMOs? Stay that course, man.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by keitholi
    I would simply reinforce the actual decision I made when I was actually in SWTOR beta.. It was an OK game but it was run by SOE and they would inevitably fuck it up, so go play EVE online instead. Which has turned out to be a fabulous decision for all these years..

...You know that SOE has nothing to do with SWTOR, right?

Anyway, what would I have told myself?  "Don't believe LucasArts when they say that SWG and SWTOR will be able to co-exist.  They've made a deal with the devil and won't hold up to that claim"

With new Star Wars movies on the way, it would have made some sense to keep SWG around - going to be a bit hard to get stuff a thousand years in the future from the new movies into SWTOR for promotional purposes...

• The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15
    "Save your money and wait for it to go free to play, everything outside of leveling is bad."
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Obraik
    Originally posted by keitholi
    I would simply reinforce the actual decision I made when I was actually in SWTOR beta.. It was an OK game but it was run by SOE and they would inevitably fuck it up, so go play EVE online instead. Which has turned out to be a fabulous decision for all these years..

...You know that SOE has nothing to do with SWTOR, right?

Anyway, what would I have told myself?  "Don't believe LucasArts when they say that SWG and SWTOR will be able to co-exist.  They've made a deal with the devil and won't hold up to that claim"

With new Star Wars movies on the way, it would have made some sense to keep SWG around - going to be a bit hard to get stuff a thousand years in the future from the new movies into SWTOR for promotional purposes...

Also, Galaxies was vastly better designed for the cash shop model than TOR.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

unfortunately, I would have to tell myself, "Don't buy it ".