Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

One point twenty one jigaawatts!?!?!?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you tell yourself?
    Maybe don't expect much .. keep hoping that the game gets better, which is where I'm still at?  So it's too early to ask...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Creslin4321Creslin4321 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Creslin4321

I would tell myself the following...

11/4:

Panthers 21-13 Redskins

Bears 51-20 Titans

Broncos 21-13 Bengals

etc.

etc.

We'll have none of that silly out-of-the-box thinking around here, sir!

Mah bad :)

• Creslin4321Creslin4321 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Foomerang

One point twenty one jigaawatts!?!?!?

LOL curses, the source of my "original" idea was found out :)!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Masa1
    "Don't believe anything the fanboyz say. They're all arena.net employees."

I want my motherfucking pay check though image

Well good question OP, I would do the exact same thing I'm doing, actually even more excited because of Novembers content release, how Halloween is looked, and all the things I like to do in this game.

Umm yea that's about it.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I'd tell my self "You are correct about everything except chest buffs working in WvW at launch." 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I'd note myself to not bother with crafting.

Hey what happened? I thought this was a SWTOR thread... O.o *Looks around.* Err...  GW2 beta uhm...

I'd note myself I was wise not to partake of it back then by way of preordering. Waiting was the right thing to do.

So there.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    I if you really want a pointless, souless waste of time MMO experiance then GW2 is for you. If you want to play one of the most bot and hack infeasted MMOs then GW2 is for you.

HaHaHa, the most bot and hack infested MMO. Have you been around in MMO land for a long time? It's not even bad, let alone one of the worst.

To the OP, I'd probably give gem/gold ratio information, best times to buy and sell.

imageimage
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Join a better guild. One that isn't 98% deserted 3 weeks after launch.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

"Don't wait too long to ask for a refund."

Because I did. It took three requests and a threat ("just remember, a disgruntled customer with 500 Facebook friends is like a loaded gun") to get my refund.

It could have happened so much sooner. image

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • CalemonCalemon Member UncommonPosts: 14
    If I could go back in time... yeah I would not be thinking about telling myself about the game i would be telling myself about lotto numbers and sporting events <(*.*<) (>*.*)>

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    "Don't buy it. It is not bad game, but it is definately not your type of mmorpg and you'll be disappointed."
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Bring Napkins

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    This isn't the game you're looking for.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

That the game world doesn't have as many instances as I feared, that the dynamic events mostly work, but are oftentimes more antisocial than just solo quest grinding in instances(so little talking and interaction its easy to mistake players for bots) 

and finally, that the RvR, while a step in the right direction is missing several key pieces that would make it even slightly close to DAoC RvR's level of greatness. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    I'd tell myself that I wouldn't regret getting both the names "Online" and "Offline". 
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    buy mystic coins at 1 copper
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    "Don't waste £60 on this."
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

"The boredom your feeling a playing the game now won't change when its released." 

In the end you can't regret what you do or 'what if' things since you learn, whether its finding something that would of enhanced your time with a game or (for me) if a game isn't worth your hard earned money to pay for. No sense looking back at the past of 'what if' and just focus on what you have now.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    "Pretty much what you're expecting. Great fun and pasttime? Yes. Second life to crawl into? No."
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Make sure to make a thief or guardian your first pvp char.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Not much, basically what i expected.Nothing fantastic, nothing terrible...just a solid theme park.
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

"Don't wait too long to ask for a refund."

Because I did. It took three requests and a threat ("just remember, a disgruntled customer with 500 Facebook friends is like a loaded gun") to get my refund.

It could have happened so much sooner. image

Oh, that's why you're so sore at Anet... Jeez... Well, I'm glad you got your money back.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    i would tell myself to save the money.

As with just about every other game I've bought and discarded, this.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you tell yourself?

I would say don't bother to buy it. It's a good themepark game but  I'm pretty tired of them.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot