Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFA PVP Server w/Item Looting Please

World of Warcraft Needs a REAL FFA PVP Server

Rules
- Kill anyone, anytime, anywhere
- Only green items and below exist on this server. No items that are blue, purple, red and above.
- When you kill a player you can loot all their items and since there are only green items and below you can easily regear yourself.
- Remove the language barrier so you can message whoever you want
- No restrictions you can team up and guild with anyone you please.
- No battlegrounds.
- No honor system since the players will decide if they will be honorable or not.
- No instances or dungeons.
- Mama wont' be holding your hand on this server.
- No NPC guards.
- No PVP ranking system, as your reputation as a skilled killer will spread throughout the lands by word of mouth alone.
- This server captures the feeling of being vulnerable to an attack at any given moment or to get ambushed at any second.

The above rulesets will encourage huge town raids and extreme chaos, anarchy. It will allow players to be slaughtered the strong to truly emerge.

This would be a server that is true to "War". After all this game calls itself the World of WARcraft, yet the current servers are instanced co-op tea parties. This server is not for players who just want to farm items for 1928301 hours. This server is for players who are totally into pure PVP with penalty and item looting rewards.

I love killing a player and taking all their loot.

I come from an old generation of m59, old Ultima online players, AC Darktide, Shadowbane. Unless you've played these games you would never understand my level of skill.

Bp

Comments

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

No.

• BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Lanmoragon
    No.

Obviously this server is not for you. You are probably a new generation of MMORPG players.

Bp

• KorkoKorko Member Posts: 8

Unless you've played these games you would never understand my level of skill.

Funny guy. Anyway your ruleset is pretty lame, you may want to move to L2 if you wish to have a senseless hardcore pvp grind fest. Blizzard has a better plan to reintroduce world pvp, but i bet you never read trough Battleplan Vol 2.

Also id like to invite you to try and pvp on a PvE server in a Battleground, your skill certainly wont match against the good wow players :p

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Hehe, well maybe you have skills we do not understand, but for sure you have no idea on how the MMO market works.

This has got to be the most stupid idea I have ever read, I am not even sure you are serious? Sounds a little bit like someone wanting to start a war by a stupid comment.

But, in case you are, what would be the incentive to play on this server?

With no dungeons/instances and no blue/purple/red/whatever items honestly, what is left to play for in WOW?

PvP alone? There are many many games out there that do the PvP part a LOT better then WoW why not make such a server in one of thoose?

If you played for so long and tried so many games why are you even IN WoW? Quite frankly I suspect you are lying or you are indeed the only old school player in this game, why is that?

In fact, I have made up my mind, you are lying and are trolling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

No.

Carebear or either you're new to mmorpg.
  • BeaNo999BeaNo999 Member UncommonPosts: 63

If WoW had 2 or 3 servers with this ruleset (why people get so whiney about this I don't understand) I would still be playing it. Sadly it won't happen, just wait with fingers crossed that all goes well for darkfall.

Originally posted by BeaNo999
    If WoW had 2 or 3 servers with this ruleset (why people get so whiney about this I don't understand) I would still be playing it. Sadly it won't happen, just wait with fingers crossed that all goes well for darkfall.

Me & you are a different breed of player. We are the wolves while these other players are the sheep.

Bp

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by BurningPain

Me & you are a different breed of player. We are the wolves while these other players are the sheep.

Bp

Lol

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Darkfall looks good on paper, but I'll be suprised (pleasantly so) if the game gets beyond that.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Its not a bad idea to have 1-2 servers for that. However, I would suggest that when u make characters on that server, u start at level 60 with minimal gear. There is no point in having level 50 killing level 1. Plus if you have FFA, people will miss a LOT of quests/dungeons, and thats what, 50% of the game? Total anarchy is not a good idea, limited anarchy based on faction, guild, group may work fairly well. So, if everyone is level 60, then any fight is more or less fair. However, if there are no blue, purple items hten there is no purpose to play on that server - doing nothing else but PvP will get boring.

I believe WoW could benefit from objective PvPing, capturing towns, certain objectives (like in BG) or slaying certain NPCs. In that case PvP is meaningfull and more enjoyable.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Sounds like he wants a server that isn't WoW.  Since the ruleset seems like the opposite of everything WoW has set into place.  Maybe you should play another game.  image

And WoW could benefit from a lot of things.  image  Namely Devs that care more about the quality of the game rather than the quantity of the players playing.  In my own opinion that is.image

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• BeaNo999BeaNo999 Member UncommonPosts: 63

Originally posted by IcoGames
    Darkfall looks good on paper, but I'll be suprised (pleasantly so) if the game gets beyond that.

Hence why I said wait with fingers crossed.

DF's ruleset alone automatically puts it ahead of most mmos, aslong as gameplay is good then anything else will be a bonus.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by paravion
    No.Carebear or either you're new to mmorpg.

Its easy to call people names without knowing them, huh? So just to prove you wrong no im not a carebear, I play on a PvP server for WoW and PvP many times a day, and I have also been playing MMORPG's for around 2 years. So stuff it dick face.

Obviously you havent played WoW and seen the mentality that people have. Ever played on a PvP server yourself? Or are you a carebear calling somebody else a carebear? Leveling up on a PvP server was some of the worst ganking I have ever experienced, by lvl 60's who had nothing better to do. So can you imagine your trying to level up and everytime some asshole decides to gank you, you lose your gear? Also the way WoW is set up, at lower levels there is NO chance that you can ever defeat I somebody who is much higher level, so you would basically play knowing that if somebody comes to gank you, you might as well just hand them your gear.

Think about it next time before calling somebody a carebear you moron.

No.Carebear or either you're new to mmorpg.

Its easy to call people names without knowing them, huh? So just to prove you wrong no im not a carebear, I play on a PvP server for WoW and PvP many times a day, and I have also been playing MMORPG's for around 2 years. So stuff it dick face.

Obviously you havent played WoW and seen the mentality that people have. Ever played on a PvP server yourself? Or are you a carebear calling somebody else a carebear? Leveling up on a PvP server was some of the worst ganking I have ever experienced, by lvl 60's who had nothing better to do. So can you imagine your trying to level up and everytime some asshole decides to gank you, you lose your gear? Also the way WoW is set up, at lower levels there is NO chance that you can ever defeat I somebody who is much higher level, so you would basically play knowing that if somebody comes to gank you, you might as well just hand them your gear.

Hate to break it to you. But the new generation of MMORPGs are extremely carebear. Especially WOW's PVP server.

lol

Bp

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

No.
    Carebear or either you're new to mmorpg.

Hate to break it to you. But the new generation of MMORPGs are extremely carebear. Especially WOW's PVP server.

lol

Bp

Thats only because in the beggining of MMORPG'S the developers didnt take into account how big an asshole people could be. Thanks can go out to the griefers and SO called hardcore pvpers for the current state of pvp in most MMORPG's.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

No.
    Carebear or either you're new to mmorpg.

lol

Bp

Thats only because in the beggining of MMORPG'S the developers didnt take into account how big an asshole people could be. Thanks can go out to the griefers and SO called hardcore pvpers for the current state of pvp in most MMORPG's.

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112

I'm not sure if you've ever played a game with a rule set similar to the one you want... but for a suggestion try playing Asheron's Call 1 on the Darktide server.  It's basically what ur describing but the looting is a random drop of items from corpses, and all game content is still included...

Why the hell would you want to play half the game??? (no instance or worth while items?)  You my think your good at pvp but i'm willing to bet you didnt get to high lvls without the instances and lets see how well you do on the battlegrounds with out an epic item or two...

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• lex-icon82lex-icon82 Member Posts: 232

Bp

lol, you must have a really small wang..

Just joking! ::::20::

Have played:
    UO, WOW, COH/V, EQ2
    Currently playing:
    Age of Conan (EU)

Even though I've been guilty of the whole 'you're just a carebear' mud slinging, but I think it's juvenile at best. C'mon we're talking about playing a game, lol.

The only reason I'd want an FFA server is that I'd hope it would attract better PvPers. I've played L2 and Eve where you could loot the defeated, but it added no more sense of excitement or trepidation then what I experience in WoW.

IMO, having a system of dynamic zone control would be more exciting.

Ico

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Why don't you leet wolf guys just go play a game that does allow for corpse looting and FFA killing?  You talk all big and bad about how great you are...why not go prove it to someone who cares?

Serisouly, how successful do you think you'll be in getting a wildly popular game like WoW to change their core mechanics to suit the desires of a few wolves?

But I really did like your wolf analgy, cuz thats just what you are, wolves praying on sheep.  Wolves don't fight each other because there is a good chance they'd die, they stick to killing defenseless pray, like sheep.  Or in game terms...high level guys running around ganking newbs, which is ultimatally what FFA PvP games turn out to be....shortly before the server populations drop so low that the game is on the verge of flopping out of existance.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

one carebear calling another a carebear funny stuff, go duel on diablo 2 on a hardcore server where if you lose, everything is lost except your items they can get looted by a friend who can get ganked if you are camped. However, if you die and still get looted, the charms, which are as hard to get as the equipment are lost as well as the character.

So don't call yourself a non-carebear unless you've dueled in diablo 2 on a hardcore server without any 3rd party programs or anything. Of course, in diablo you could power level yourself to lvl 80 in like 12 hours of straight game play.

I've dueled on diablo and i used to think that playing diablo 2 softcore is the most useless thing, what's the point of playing if you can't die, but now playing WoW, where dying means nothing really, I can sort of understand the mentality.

Anyway, having it wear once you die you get completely looted is quite stupid, because a player is practically useless naked, and what happens if you get gang-banged, it's a really bad idea. If they wanted to spice up dueling they could allow the looting option like they did on diablo if you are a hardass, they should also allow 1v1 duels vs allaince in that cage area in gadgetzan or something like that. Where you can put loot on or off, or have your character die for ever if you lose, they should at least put the options.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TwiZzoTTwiZzoT Member Posts: 90

World of Warcraft Needs a REAL FFA PVP Server
    Rules
    - Kill anyone, anytime, anywhere
    - Only green items and below exist on this server. No items that are blue, purple, red and above.
    - When you kill a player you can loot all their items and since there are only green items and below you can easily regear yourself.
    - Remove the language barrier so you can message whoever you want
    - No restrictions you can team up and guild with anyone you please.
    - No battlegrounds.
    - No honor system since the players will decide if they will be honorable or not.
    - No instances or dungeons.
    - Mama wont' be holding your hand on this server.
    - No NPC guards.
    - No PVP ranking system, as your reputation as a skilled killer will spread throughout the lands by word of mouth alone.
    - This server captures the feeling of being vulnerable to an attack at any given moment or to get ambushed at any second.
    The above rulesets will encourage huge town raids and extreme chaos, anarchy. It will allow players to be slaughtered the strong to truly emerge.
    This would be a server that is true to "War". After all this game calls itself the World of WARcraft, yet the current servers are instanced co-op tea parties. This server is not for players who just want to farm items for 1928301 hours. This server is for players who are totally into pure PVP with penalty and item looting rewards.
    I love killing a player and taking all their loot.
    I come from an old generation of m59, old Ultima online players, AC Darktide, Shadowbane. Unless you've played these games you would never understand my level of skill.
    Bp

you sir, are nuttier than squirrel turds.   i played in those days of UO where it was dangerous to even step outside your door.  sure it was exciting but i swear i didn't leave guarded areas for a full month after i got the game for fear of a dreaded "red" swooping down and ending my meager life.  wow isn't made for that kind of excitement.  especially considering how young the player base is.  murders would run rampant on those servers and the only people playing on the servers would be those said murderers.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

All I read was....

"BLAH BLAH....I got my butt kicked all through school so now I wanna take it out on ppl who can't really hurt me back."

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."