Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still Just First Person ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
Last I checked the issue was not settled ?  Can you play in other than first person ?

Comments

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

ummm..... it's not an "issue." it's a first person shooter, therefore it's in the first person. .... yeah.

EDIT: fyi that means it's never going to be "resolved." it's like wow resolving the issue of having classes.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

They said why they didn't add 3rd person to infantry, they're not going to change that with PS2. You can still 3rd person in vehicles.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its an fps game so no there is no issue.

there is 3rd person view for vehicles tho..

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

3rd Person will be an expansion for there Ground folks. If you do not see this then you do not know much about Sony Entertainment.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Correct me if i am wrong but first person is only during combat. Out of combat you can have a look at your character in third person. I like to see customization on my character if that is too much to ask.
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    You can see yourself in 3rd person at the opening menu, but that's about it.
  • wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

They said why they didn't add 3rd person to infantry, they're not going to change that with PS2. You can still 3rd person in vehicles.

This. And it's a FPS with third person view when inside a vehicle...

Don't see a problem.

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by rendus
    You can see yourself in 3rd person at the opening menu, but that's about it.

Or dead on the ground.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by Caskio
    Originally posted by rendus You can see yourself in 3rd person at the opening menu, but that's about it.
    Or dead on the ground.

Too true!

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

after i played my 1st 3rd person game, the 1st person go to trash

but are ppl that like it

if they add 3rd person in the near future, is good, if not, well we wont play it, simple as that

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by atticusbc

ummm..... it's not an "issue." it's a first person shooter, therefore it's in the first person. .... yeah.

EDIT: fyi that means it's never going to be "resolved." it's like wow resolving the issue of having classes.

well, guess someone didnt play PS1 here :)

in PS1 you could just press T and were on third person came, just like it works for vehicles atm it worked for chars too in planetside 1.

that's why he asked i guess.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

I honestly can't believe the type of complaints that come out of gamers these days.  We are honestly complaining because a First Person Shooter doesn't have a Third Person Perspective?  Personally, I don't want to see anything on my screen but maybe a crosshair.  But you people... oh no... you're not happy unless you can look at some shiny pixelated man/woman ass as you fire your laser cannons.

It's a sad futurue for gamers if this mentality is what game companies are trying to appease!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

SOE disabled 3rd person in PS2 because in PS1 people stood around corners in 3rd person watching around the corner and ambushing you. Certain people like TyzaL, XFactor and many others abused this (they've been at the top of the leaderboards for years).