Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still better then your mmo.

Fact. I said fact. SO..obviously it is now fact.

Guess you guys should go buy a copy if you haven't because you are missing out :D

600 hours and counting. Game consumes me. I love it. So much to do and I dont even have a second character to 80 yet.

ALl the complaints about longetivity=lulz. Longetivity is based on the goals you make. Sure if theres no content you have no goals or if you don't like the systems in place you don't make goals for that. Fact is there is 1000s of hours of content in this game. It is up to you to find it.

Peace n love.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Than*

• tocsixtocsix Member Posts: 10
    Wasnt the second coming of Christ like its delusional following thought, nevermind THE wow killer.. fact is fact
  • JRRNeiklotJRRNeiklot Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Bought it.  Played it for 2-3 days, got bored.  Nothing but a zerg fest.  Wish I had my money back.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Easily the most pointless MMO ever made. You get every ability that matters by level 8 and the game provides no incentive to do anything. The first actual single player MMO i've ever played and somehow even more casual then WoW, if thats possible.

6.5/10

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382
    Originally posted by tocsix
    Wasnt the second coming of Christ like its delusional following thought, nevermind THE wow killer.. fact is fact

The only people who called it the second coming were the people who said it wasn't.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

matter of opinion there OP..

better than my favorite mmo's ?

nope.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by romanator0
    Originally posted by tocsix

The only people who called it the second coming were the people who said it wasn't.

actually people were pegging it as 'the next big thing'

which really,it isnt.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The idea of leveling a second character to 80 in GW2 makes me want to kill myself, and other than WvW, the zone by zone leveling was the games best feature.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Easily the most pointless MMO ever made. You get every ability that matters by level 8 and the game provides no incentive to do anything. The first actual single player MMO i've ever played and somehow even more casual then WoW, if thats possible.

6.5/10

op saying fact is hes opinion and if thats what he seeks by all means . also agree with this guy.

and if you ask me wich you might dont id say it was too fast too lousy too single player pointless dungeons , pointless pvp where you need to move with mass in order to make some changes happening , alone ? not much nothing. dynamic grouping always same pattern and what is missing is phasing same village goes undersiege by npc mobs over and over again eventho you already saved them etc.   eyes on future and for example eso and hope its been designed proberly.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Aye Idk why, I had the biggest laugh though, when I read the title and OP.

LMFAO it isn't because the word then thats suppose to be than, I just really don't know why

I aint high either(don't smoke).

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

So you are saying only gw2 hates used the "wow killer" term?

Mike O’Brien thinks, saying in a recent interview with Forbes that

“We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO… One MMO has been on the top of the heap for seven years now, but there’s been a progression in the industry for other games being able to attract more and more players. And we’re set to climb to the top.”

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by m0lly

op saying fact is hes opinion and if thats what he seeks by all means . also agree with this guy.

and if you ask me wich you might dont id say it was too fast too lousy too single player pointless dungeons , pointless pvp where you need to move with mass in order to make some changes happening , alone ? not much nothing. dynamic grouping always same pattern and what is missing is phasing same village goes undersiege by npc mobs over and over again eventho you already saved them etc.   eyes on future and for example eso and hope its been designed proberly.

Phasing is no solution at all. It just divides up the playerbase more and makes MMOs less massive, It is slightly better than instancing though, but still not good enough.

The DE system do have the potential to be really great, but GW2 needs to perfect it. Some events happens far too offten for example. 

But that a village gets attacked several time by the same people is not that far fetched, for example did the vikings attack and plunder Dorestad almost a 100 times before the citizens tired and moved. Sure, having it happen so often as it does is not good, but the idea still have plenty more potential than anything you can do with phasing.

GW2 are using DEs in a completly new way, and I think it is on the right track there. But just like killing 10 rats were more or less the only quest in the beginning DEs needs more innovation if they are to replace quests in the future.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

im high as heck. i love gw2, thats all.

peace n love.

then than thin thun thon?

Edit: High on mmos. (drugs r bad mmkay)

Hero Evermore

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

So you are saying only gw2 hates used the "wow killer" term?

Mike O’Brien thinks, saying in a recent interview with Forbes that

“We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO… One MMO has been on the top of the heap for seven years now, but there’s been a progression in the industry for other games being able to attract more and more players. And we’re set to climb to the top.”

The thing is that they are not number two lol.

Drakansang has nine million players and PW has nearly that number and L1 has millions. GW2 is no where near WOW or any of the other games i've mentioned.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Loke666

Phasing is no solution at all. It just divides up the playerbase more and makes MMOs less massive, It is slightly better than instancing though, but still not good enough.

The DE system do have the potential to be really great, but GW2 needs to perfect it. Some events happens far too offten for example. 

But that a village gets attacked several time by the same people is not that far fetched, for example did the vikings attack and plunder Dorestad almost a 100 times before the citizens tired and moved. Sure, having it happen so often as it does is not good, but the idea still have plenty more potential than anything you can do with phasing.

GW2 are using DEs in a completly new way, and I think it is on the right track there. But just like killing 10 rats were more or less the only quest in the beginning DEs needs more innovation if they are to replace quests in the future.

How in God's name did you manage to decipher that post?

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • waterwizardwaterwizard Member Posts: 33

I sold my account. Win-win. It was kind of a pain to submit a ticket and say the right things, what with the ip route trace your location thing and the email verification. I got something I wanted for my money. They got to try a new mmo they wanted to try. And GW2 got a new player that might actually spend money in their store (as I would rather play borderlands, titan quest, or even torchlight 2 than play GW2). I'm an old Lotro player. I play WAR now. Progression, loot, the carrot. It is everything. I wouldn't play this genre of games if it wasn't. The fake economy. That is the best. Feeling rich. Feeling powerful. It is what I like. I'd play Heroes of Might and Magic 2 or 3 happily before I'd play GW2.

I enjoy grinding mobs for fake money sometimes. I want to play a game that allows me to get more and more powerful. I like the feeling of increased power and speed in Titan Quest.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO So you are saying only gw2 hates used the "wow killer" term?   Mike O’Brien thinks, saying in a recent interview with Forbes that “We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO… One MMO has been on the top of the heap for seven years now, but there’s been a progression in the industry for other games being able to attract more and more players. And we’re set to climb to the top.”

The thing is that they are not number two lol.

Drakansang has nine million players and PW has nearly thsat number and L1 has millions. GW2 is no where near WOW or any of the other games i've mentioned.

The fact that they are offering a free trial literally the day before Rift launches Storm Legion tells me they are not where they want to be as far as box sales and established userbase.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Fact. I said fact. SO..obviously it is now fact.

Guess you guys should go buy a copy if you haven't because you are missing out :D

600 hours and counting. Game consumes me. I love it. So much to do and I dont even have a second character to 80 yet.

ALl the complaints about longetivity=lulz. Longetivity is based on the goals you make. Sure if theres no content you have no goals or if you don't like the systems in place you don't make goals for that. Fact is there is 1000s of hours of content in this game. It is up to you to find it.

Peace n love.

If it was I'd be playing it. I was a critic, then I said ok all the fan boys couldn't be wrong, then I got in a few beta weekends and was underwhelmed, but I got in late so I thought ok, alot of these type games have bad lowbie content, then I got it with early access, and just didn't want to play it after a week. SWTOR is a better game and that title is decidedly mediocre.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Loke666

well loke its your opinion and far i can see you like gw2 so you got all the rights to defend it but your points are yours, and to me you cant generalize them . its fine you you love it and some peeps else but i do not , it had its moments and im not trolling just throwing my opinions out from my experienced gaming point of view, it may gather the players that are allriht with no trnity combo but atually ive seen now that quite many are missing it.

and RED ive seen many complains about killin x etc style of questing but with gw2 i didnt remember even one guy who asked me to help the village or do something to help him. with lets say world of warcraft for example you remeber these people who ask you to help them and eventho its killing x collect y i say by all means let it be like that. we got this same style on asian mmos but you need to create strong story around the game in order to make players remembers the characters ingame needs to have meaning on larger scale and not jus pointless quest hub dynamic event start up points.

• ElquinElquin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    It is definitely one of the better MMOs out there. I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters. I've leveled to 80 as an elementalist, got my 100% map completion, maxed out 3 crafting tiers and continuing to work on more... Did all of this and I'm still completely in love with the game. I have a few alts that I'm playing and the diversity of playstyle per class is very impressive. I guess it doesn't matter what the OP says or what anyone else comments... it's all a personal preference. Not everyone will love any one game... it's inevitable.

Playing- GWII.
    Played-VSoH, EQII, DF, PotBS, AC2, UO, AO, FFXI, WoW, EQII, DDO, KO, VSoH, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, GB, SWG, TR.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

OP managed to be both a fanboi and a troll at the same time. Kudos.

Opinions are opinions, facts are facts.

For example: "GW2 is better than your MMO" is an opinion.

"ANet's CEO said they would kill WoW and they are not even the second most populated MMO" is a fact.

I don't hate GW2. I am just not interested on what it has to offer. But I am starting to hate GW2 fanbois. I have never seen so narrowminded, spamming, arrogant and trollish fanbois, in any game. Never ever.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

Posts like this lead me to believe that the game really isn't all that great. I mean, is it really necessary to come on a forum and boast about how much fun you are having? Seems as though you are taking the negative criticism about the game personal. Just relax kiddo. I'm sure you and a good chunk of players are enjoying the hell out of the game. Don't worry about the people who say otherwise. Just be happy you found something for you

On a side note; Peace and love has everything to do with understanding and respecting other people's realities. Underneath it all, we are the same aren't we? Namaste 

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by gordiflu

"ANet's CEO said they would kill WoW and they are not even the second most populated MMO" is a fact.

I don't hate GW2. I am just not interested on what it has to offer. But I am starting to hate GW2 fanbois. I have never seen so narrowminded, spamming, arrogant and trollish fanbois, in any game. Never ever.

soduk. emit emas eht ta llort a dna iobnaf a htob eb ot deganam PO.

I am so bored.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by gordiflu

You are not the only one. I enjoy the game but dislike the fan base. They make WOW and SWTOR fanboys look like little angels in comparison. Not to mention all the shills Anet has planted on forums.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

I hated the fanbase before I became the fan base. I seriously had no hopes for this game. You just open a shiny gift and sometimes it lasts a long time and sometimes it doesn't.

Guild wars 2 is so shiny. O.o

*holds his gift oh so tight*

Hero Evermore

This discussion has been closed.