Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    how to make loads of gold and buy more gems before the price incressed

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i would tell myself to save the money.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I would say yes the game is going to be as boring as it looks dont waste your money on it.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

"You can buy the game without thinking twice, it's the best value for money for a MMORPG since a long, long time."

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Questions such as this are probably meaningless to a person who knows what he wants, knows what a game offers, and has foresight.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Questions such as this are probably meaningless to a person who knows what he wants, knows what a game offers, and has foresight.

hey didnt say it has to be something bad. you assumed that.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Take every silver you get and buy gems... Sell every gem when halloween starts :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    I if you really want a pointless, souless waste of time MMO experiance then GW2 is for you. If you want to play one of the most bot and hack infeasted MMOs then GW2 is for you.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

I would say to myself.

- It's going to be amazing, make sure you get that CE like you are already planning on getting.

ps: Move your holiday weekend out with your girlfriend because the GAME WILL BE RELEASED THEN O_o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    I if you really want a pointless, souless waste of time MMO experiance then GW2 is for you. If you want to play one of the most bot and hack infeasted MMOs then GW2 is for you.

i would go back in time to tell myself to make sure these guys never reach the forums :D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

hey didnt say it has to be something bad. you assumed that.

Oh, ok...well I'll just say to my past self "This is as good as you assumed it will be"

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-GW2-Beta "You" something about GW2, what would you tell yourself?

I would tell myself that " You would love the game for the first 3-4 weeks , then you would go back to WoW and play PS2 beta " LOL

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

I'd say to myself "Hey man, you know that crazy idea you have about a Sylvari engineer.  Don't do it, m'kay?  Go for a charr - you'll enjoy it more - trust me on this"

Ah well....at least I like 4 out of the 5 races...

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by timeraider

i would go back in time to tell myself to make sure these guys never reach the forums :D

I would go back and say  to myself   "if you can't take these types of answers to a question then stay away from these type of threads" .

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by DMKano

I would tell myself .... Time travel is real.

I'd tell my past self the winning lotto numbers and then I'd sit back and laugh at myself when the lotto night came and all the numbers were wrong. Hahahahahahah

time travel is funny like that

Yeah - then once I'd made a few Billion playing the markets I'd get the best of Devs and game designers from each Company with a credible product or idea and bring them together to create the perfect MMO.

.... and there would not be a single midget-techno-magic-borg wielding a weapon three times his size ANYWHERE to be found in it!

:P

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Stay away from these forums as the troll-ratio is too high....   Which is why I rarely come here anymore...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by timeraider

Yeah...   I know what you mean...

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    "Don't believe anything the fanboyz say. They're all arena.net employees."
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I would say "you're right. Everything you expect is pretty much exactly like you figure it's going to be. You are also right that the most vocal people are rarely satisfied, thats why they don't shut up. It has nothing to do with what they are complaining about, they just like to complain"

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    Don't play a Necromancer.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Preorder the CE for your son.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    don't waste time, don't waste money. runescape was better lol.
  • DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86

Hmmm...the one thing I guess would be "Don't fall asleep at your computer 5 minutes before the game pre-launches"

>,<"

• Creslin4321Creslin4321 Member Posts: 19

I would tell myself the following...

11/4:

Panthers 21-13 Redskins

Bears 51-20 Titans

Broncos 21-13 Bengals

etc.

etc.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Creslin4321

I would tell myself the following...

11/4:

Panthers 21-13 Redskins

Bears 51-20 Titans

Broncos 21-13 Bengals

etc.

etc.

We'll have none of that silly out-of-the-box thinking around here, sir!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre