Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Refer-A-Friend Free Trial Set for November 12th

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Desperate... image

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75

All dem QQers saying "GW2 IS FAILING" and getting e-boners. 

Seriously, guys. Look at yourself. You disgust me.

Why? Because you have to bash every game, for no reason. (Don't like it? Nobody's forcing you to play or even look at the game.)

Now those very few people who say, "I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED! THIS GAME IS SH@T" 

Should've waited for free trials you n00bcakez! 

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

This irony of all this is that the people who will deride this game (and just about every other game in existence) for having a free trial, will probably be claiming how it's alright for THEIR game to have a trial and make equally stupid rationalizations on it.

I can't help but facepalm at this hypocrisy, yet I am drawn to it like a car crash.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'm not sure how capable their servers are of handling that many people. During the Halloween event, they went crazy just like they did at launch. That's probably why they're not offering a "normal" free trial.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Rohn
    Originally posted by Toxia

in before "GW2 is dying, free trials two months after launch" threads.

send me a pm if anyone wants in for the trial.

Wow, going to free buddy trials so quickly.  A sure sign of a bad, failed game.

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

I agree, why should GW2 not be seen in the same light as every other MMO that gives free a trail so quickly after release. Great looking world but bad game design is the problem GW2 has. With NCSofts latest numbers and this free trail i don't think GW2 is doing as well as the fans like us to believe.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I think GW2 is my favorite MMO just because of the fans on this site. Its like 1997 AOL chatrooms all over again. Keep up the great work folks!

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

The same rationale has been used to bash every game that's had to resort to free buddy trials so quickly.  GW2 should be no different.  It has horrible longevity due to bad overall game design, and it's starting to show.

I agree, why should GW2 not be seen in the same light as every other MMO thsat gives free trail so quickly after release. Great looking world but bad game design is the problem GW2 has. With NCSofts latest numbers and this free trail i don't think GW2 is doing as well as the fans like us to believe.

I've always seen the people who claim a MMORPG has failed just because it's giving out a free trial in a certain light. Looks like there's no need to change that now.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Scalpless

I agree, why should GW2 not be seen in the same light as every other MMO thsat gives free trail so quickly after release. Great looking world but bad game design is the problem GW2 has. With NCSofts latest numbers and this free trail i don't think GW2 is doing as well as the fans like us to believe.

I've always seen the people who claim a MMORPG has failed just because it's giving out a free trial in a certain light. Looks like there's no need to change that now.

And then they start making those so called "excuses" that they claim everyone else does when others make a defense of their game having a trial when their game that-will-save-the-genre starts getting a trial.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Great move still have lots of people why wanne try GW2.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by Scalpless

And then they start making those so called "excuses" that they claim everyone else does when others make a defense of their game having a trial when their game that-will-save-the-genre starts getting a trial.

WoW got a trial 1-2 years after release :D

I would have loved to try it but it's limited to one weekend. I won't be able to play that weekend so I guess I will try it when they release another trial (or the price drops to 10 pounds :D)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

This irony of all this is that the people who will deride this game (and just about every other game in existence) for having a free trial, will probably be claiming how it's alright for THEIR game to have a trial and make equally stupid rationalizations on it.

I can't help but facepalm at this hypocrisy, yet I am drawn to it like a car crash.

Bingo;;;;

By the way i am quite surprised that they are offering free trials so soon. Looks like they are tryign to increase the box sales. What other recent MMOS offered free trials just two months after release.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by halflife25

This irony of all this is that the people who will deride this game (and just about every other game in existence) for having a free trial, will probably be claiming how it's alright for THEIR game to have a trial and make equally stupid rationalizations on it. I can't help but facepalm at this hypocrisy, yet I am drawn to it like a car crash.

Bingo;;;;

By the way i am quite surprised that they are offering free trials so soon. Looks like they are tryign to increase the box sales. What other recent MMOS offered free trials just two months after release.

Remember the trial keys are only active for three days. It's not like they (ANet) want to pull more people into the game just for the sake of it, but because they want to tell as many people as possible they can deliver on their promise of regular content updates. Seeing it for yourself is the best way.

On another note, pm me if you want a key. I will at least give out 2 keys, one may be for a friend.
  • VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    on the day of my bday..how lovely :)

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by IPolygon

Remember the trial keys are only active for three days. It's not like they (ANet) want to pull more people into the game just for the sake of it, but because they want to tell as many people as possible they can deliver on their promise of regular content updates. Seeing it for yourself is the best way.

On another note, pm me if you want a key. I will at least give out 2 keys, one may be for a friend.

A trial is a trial regardless of how many days it lasts. Even TSW released a trial limited for 2 or 3 days and it was called a failure for doing so.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Seems like listing servers as "Full" is a bit misleading :)

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Seems like listing servers as "Full" is a bit misleading :)

Never cared much for server status anyways. It can be quite misleading. My server is high and PVE zones are deserted. Only place you get to see lots of people is in LA. And W v W is losing players too. I wonder where are all these players since my s erver is always high.

• SvyySvyy Member UncommonPosts: 1
    get in a guild and shut up about the server is empty like its not a big world in game 
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    how the hell are we supposed to have friends when all we do is game all day..referring a friend would mean getting a life...noty i,m happy has i am.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Does this mean we will see an influx of bots for those 3 days?
  • illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    [mod edit]

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by halflife25

mmos?  i dont know

popular online games: D3 offered a trial 3 months after release

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/15/play-diablo-iii-for-free-up-to-level-13/

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Games are not one size fits all, but you might as well give people an early look while the population is there. I don't blame them for this, I think its a good idea coming from some smart people. This game isn't really my cup of tea, but I think it still has its place and appeal. Remember this is a buy to play game. They already made thier money.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Its called building on momentive  which is their tactic .

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Bad tactics are.... Making people choose here and now, storm legion, free to play swtor, and now free trial GW2 there are just to many options, if you come in at a time when your the only choice, you will get a better pool and increase your responses, wow is the only game that should and can go head to head with people to steal thier player base, wow has nothing to lose in doing so because they have been established and thier game is old, they are bracing for less population and thus can absorb the impact of it. These other games are just drowning each other.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

the game is in great health and standing strong with players- and Anet are making a strategy move witht this trial offer becouse of holiday season coming=smart move.

everyone who thinks' the game is dying' theory-there i said it, is dillusional & just trolling . Anet are very smart on seein what they are competing with out there in the market.

they have done this before-nothing new.

smart move imo.-good for them!